Wireless??

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Wireless??
« on: 31 Jan 2017, 04:09 am »
A friend of mine has a new lake house and wants a wireless HT system for 3k down.  Is there such a  thing? If so, what quality are we looking  at?  Oh yeah, just looking for sound.
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2017, 04:15 pm by S Clark »

srb

Re: Wireless??
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2017, 04:46 am »
Two question marks are not enough!

Are you (he) looking for 6 speakers (5.1) all wireless with the source being an AV Receiver or Processor?  Or an L/R/C wired soundbar with wireless surrounds and subwoofer?  And does $3K includes all of the speakers as well as the receiver, processor or control unit?

Of course, as far as wireless, each wireless speaker would have an AC outlet supplied power cable.

There is the CineHome HD 5.1 wireless system from Enclave Audio that has an integrated center speaker/control unit, separate L/R speakers, doesn't require an additional receiver or processor and the control unit transmits to the other five speakers without needing a networked Wi-Fi router.

If you are more discerning on your speakers and need higher quality, it would most likely evolve into a more complicated and expensive package.

Steve
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2017, 07:19 am by srb »

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2017, 04:14 pm »
He's looking for a 5.1 receiver and set of speakers.  He's certainly no audiophile but was aware of how much better his old Polk surround system was over the previous Bose that it replaced.  I told him I'd ask around, since I really haven't paid attention to HT for a while.  Don't know why he wants wireless, but I'm sure WAF is at the core of it. 

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jan 2017, 04:22 pm »
Here's an article that may have some helpful info - https://www.lifewire.com/wireless-speakers-and-home-theater-1846770

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 31 Jan 2017, 04:23 pm »

srb

« Reply #5 on: 31 Jan 2017, 06:09 pm »
He's looking for a 5.1 receiver and set of speakers.  .....  Don't know why he wants wireless, but I'm sure WAF is at the core of it.

If he can accommodate speakers wires from the Receiver to the front L/C/R speakers, and use wireless for the surrounds and subwoofer, he can probably get a bit better quality speakers/system for the budget.

Steve