Gear available to a good home

Tim S2

Gear available to a good home
« on: 28 Dec 2016, 05:56 pm »
Hi all,

I somewhat lost the audiophile buzz a while ago. I was cleaning out a closet just now and realized that I have a ton of old gear that really should be working for someone else. I don't really want to bother with selling the stuff so I'm offering it up for anyone who wants it and is willing to pay shipping or pick it up. Though under one condition, you make a donation to a charity you think is important in an amount you think represents reasonable value for the gear (On the honor system. I won't monitor, it just seems like a nice thing to do). I live in Dallas near White Rock lake if you want to pick it up. Here is what I have:

1. SVS Sub with separate Samson 1000 watt amp. This is one of their original PC Ultra's (at least I think that was the line name, and by original I think one of the first 15 they made). It's one of the tall cylinder subs.

2. 2 Channel Island Audio mono block amps. I believe they are D200 MKI's.

3. Pair of VMPS RM1 speakers. One I recall had the lining on one of the woofers damaged before it was packed up. I understand they are easily replaceable and the speakers are excellent.

4. Sonic Frontiers Line 1 preamp. This is probably the only thing that still has substantial value to it.

5. Cambridge Audio Azur CD player.

All of these pieces are packed back in their original shipping boxes. All was in working order when I packed it up which frankly was probably 5-6 years ago. I don't really want to unpack and test it but I might be willing to. The one speaker is the only thing that has any issues with it. All of it comes without warranty since I am just giving it away for free after all. If you want any of it, or all of it, please let me know. Each item goes to the first person who claims it.

Tim

richidoo

Re: Gear available to a good home
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2016, 08:49 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle, Tim.

You have a generous heart!

Don_S

« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2016, 09:04 pm »
Best introduction ever!  :thumb: 

Welcome Tim.

Cacophonix

« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2016, 09:20 pm »
Welcome to audiocircle, Tim. Hopefully we can rekindle your audiophile flame 8)

Sent you a PM about the preamp.

Tim S2

« Reply #4 on: 28 Dec 2016, 09:31 pm »
Well, this isn't actually my first post. Just had to create a new account since it had been so long since I posted.  :o :D But thanks!

Seems that the preamp and the amplifiers have received some quick interest. Still an awfully nice sub and speakers available to a needy audiophile!

TrungT

« Reply #5 on: 28 Dec 2016, 10:25 pm »
I'm interesting on the SVS sub.
Will send you a PM

Folsom

« Reply #6 on: 28 Dec 2016, 10:40 pm »
PM about speakers.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #7 on: 28 Dec 2016, 10:49 pm »
Interested in the CDP.

PM coming!     :thumb:

Tim S2

« Reply #8 on: 28 Dec 2016, 10:57 pm »
Looks like I have people interested in each of the items at this point so it's a sell out. I'll update if anything comes back available.

Tim S2

« Reply #9 on: 30 Dec 2016, 03:26 pm »
Everything is either picked up or shipped at this point. I hope everyone who got something enjoys it. If you end up following through with the charity donation, maybe let us know where you sent it. Enjoy and I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

undertowogt1

« Reply #10 on: 30 Dec 2016, 03:32 pm »
Very Generous Tim S2