7 foods that look healthy but are not

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
7 foods that look healthy but are not
« on: 8 Dec 2016, 12:31 am »
Just found it:
There is no miracle in the food industry, most industrialized foods are masked, stuffed with sodium, coloring and sugar. Check out 7 products that most deceive consumers:
1 Box juice:
One of the biggest illusions in the food industry. They are stuffed with sodium, sugar and dye, not to mention that they do not have fibers. Replace with lemonade, flavored water, herbal teas (prepare at home and do not use sugar to sweeten) or drink natural water.
2 Sweeteners
You exchange sugar for the sweetener thinking you made a healthy substitution. When you ingeste the sweetener sends a false message to the brain of consuming a sweet. This stimulus releases hormones that make you fat, that is: fattening, even without sugar. Replace with a more natural candy, such as coconut, demerara or organic brown, of course in a small amount. The best thing is to get used to having coffee and tea with nothing to sweeten.
3 Cereal bars
They could be called sugar, sodium and fat bars. In general it is what you eat when you eat a bar. The product is quite artificial and has no fibers at all. But it is possible to make a healthy bar at home with organic honey and oilseeds (nuts, nuts, pistachios and almonds).
4 Turkey Breast - sliced
Who ever dieted and ate turkey breast? It contains even the skin of the animal, enriched with lots of sodium and artificial products, preservatives, among others. The best alternative to stuffing a sandwich is to use shredded chicken, smoked fish, roast beef or lean cheese (mines, ricotta, cottage or quark cheese).
5 Soy milk
When it comes to replacing milk one usually thinks of soy. However it is a direct intake of transgenic fluids into your bloodstream. Soy is rich in pesticides and the grain is usually gmo to become more profitable. If you want to replace it look for recipes to make at home, made with almonds, coconut or nuts.
6 Crackers or whole-grain cereals
It is very common to have a whole wafer pack in the bag. Its practical and healthy, is not it? No! Of integral these cookies do not have anything. Generally the amount of refined flour overrides the amount of whole meal. Not to mention the portion of sugar, saturated fat and salt that is quite large. For fast and healthy snacks use chestnuts, nuts and almonds.
7 Weight Loss Shakes
Who does not want to have some kind of ration ready at home? Do not have to plan meals, just pick up a powder and throw in the water or milk and ready: satiety guaranteed and pounds less. These weight-loss shakes are filled with soy, some simple flours and dyes. In addition to being poor in nutrients, which can cause anemia and belly. The flour causes a false impression of satiety, apart from a high sodium content.

Folsom

Re: 7 foods that look healthy but are not
« Reply #1 on: 8 Dec 2016, 12:40 am »
This isn't fully accurate.

5. Most consumer grade soy is organic. There isn't a lot of it one can buy that is not.

4. Why would turkey be bad if it's from as pure of a source as chicken or the like? It's actually doesn't create as much AGE's as a byproduct of consumption as chicken does... it's more ideal for someone afraid of colon cancer (runs in some families).

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 8 Dec 2016, 12:47 am »
This isn't fully accurate.

5. Most consumer grade soy is organic. There isn't a lot of it one can buy that is not.

4. Why would turkey be bad if it's from as pure of a source as chicken or the like? It's actually doesn't create as much AGE's as a byproduct of consumption as chicken does... it's more ideal for someone afraid of colon cancer (runs in some families).
4-As turkey breast they do not refer to the animal's breast, but to the sliced product like ham.

5-There is no more organic soy in my entire country.

Folsom

« Reply #3 on: 8 Dec 2016, 12:57 am »
I think what you mean is there is no GMO free, not whether there is organic soy or not. Those are two utterly different things.

You can buy turkey breast that's very high quality, such as lunch meat. My favorite was a dark/light combination with celery juice as the preservative from an prestigious meat club/sandwich place that is no longer. What I would avoid is the average superkmarket turkey. Besides, for example, Jennie'O's turkey burger taste like crap anyways.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 8 Dec 2016, 01:16 am »
I think what you mean is there is no GMO free, not whether there is organic soy or not. Those are two utterly different things.

You can buy turkey breast that's very high quality, such as lunch meat. My favorite was a dark/light combination with celery juice as the preservative from an prestigious meat club/sandwich place that is no longer. What I would avoid is the average superkmarket turkey. Besides, for example, Jennie'O's turkey burger taste like crap anyways.
The article refer to supermarket sliced turkey.
All farming soy here are GMO, If there is any organic production I unknow.