Spatial M3 Turbo S are in the house!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Spatial M3 Turbo S are in the house!
« on: 4 Jun 2016, 12:25 am »
They arrived this afternoon but I had to wait to get them downstairs into the music room.

I just started playing music through them, so it will be a bit before I comment on how they sound.

Fit and finish is excellent and I really like the way the white POPS!!

Packing was super professional and it was very easy to get them out of the box and up and running.   :thumb: :thumb:

Stay tuned...

George

PeteG

Re: Spatial M3 Turbo S are in the house!
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun 2016, 12:35 am »
George, speakers and room look great.

audioguy213

« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun 2016, 01:32 am »
if they sound as good as they look...

TomS

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jun 2016, 01:35 am »
if they sound as good as they look...
Even better  :thumb:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 4 Jun 2016, 01:58 am »
Even better  :thumb:
For sure!   :thumb:

Guy 13

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jun 2016, 02:18 am »
Hi George,
may we know more about your set up.
Like amplifier, I think I saw some bass traps, etc...
By the way, I like white and in this case they are really beautiful.

Guy 13

stlrman

« Reply #6 on: 4 Jun 2016, 02:19 am »
Congrats!! What amp are u running with them?
Enjoy!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #7 on: 4 Jun 2016, 02:56 am »
I'm guessing they are 5 - 6 feet apart and about the same distance or a little more from the front wall. Tells us a little more about the setup...

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 4 Jun 2016, 11:55 am »
Guys,

Right now, I just have them plopped down as they need some hours to break in before I can start some serious listening. 

The room is 21'10" x 12'10" x 8' and has a good amount of bass absorption and defraction from RealTraps and GIK. 

I have two dedicated 20 amp lines (one in the back and one in the front of the room) that all equipment is plugged into.

A little about my gear:

Atsah NC 1200 amps
Vinnie Rossi LIO with AVC/Tubestage, DSD DAC, and Power Option for Sonore microRendu
Sonore microRendu

George

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 4 Jun 2016, 11:59 am »
I'm guessing they are 5 - 6 feet apart and about the same distance or a little more from the front wall. Tells us a little more about the setup...

They are actually 8' apart (center to center), 7'6" from the front wall, and about 10'3" from my ears.

Once I get some time on them, I will start the process of proper placement.

George

TEA FOR ONE

« Reply #10 on: 4 Jun 2016, 12:10 pm »
Those are beautiful speakers! I would love to hear OB's some day.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 7 Jun 2016, 01:25 am »
I have been playing the speakers for a little over 72 hours straight and they are sounding good enough that I am starting to evaluate their sound and performance.

I have a 60+ test song list that I have started to go through and will post some thoughts soon.

Spoiler Alert:

They are special and will not be going back to Utah.

George

mcgsxr

« Reply #12 on: 7 Jun 2016, 01:34 am »
Cool to see "out in the real world", they look good in there.

Looking forward to the coming comments as they break in.  I know that you have owned a bunch of different gear over the years I have hung around here, so interested to see what you think and any comparisons you might share.

Good stuff!

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 7 Jun 2016, 01:40 am »
Cool to see "out in the real world", they look good in there.

Looking forward to the coming comments as they break in.  I know that you have owned a bunch of different gear over the years I have hung around here, so interested to see what you think and any comparisons you might share.

Good stuff!

I will be comparing them to a speaker in their budget range (Salk Song Towers) and a speaker about 6x in cost (Vandersteen 5A's).

George

DARTH AUDIO

« Reply #14 on: 7 Jun 2016, 01:45 am »
George, did you sell your Vandersteen's for the M-3's?

JackD

« Reply #15 on: 7 Jun 2016, 01:49 am »
George

I ordered my M3 Turbo S's just to see how they sounded as I had a friend that had the Lumina Statement at one point.  After about 3 weeks and 250 hours it was determined that mine weren't going back either.  Probably well over 400 hours on them now. I have even turned the ACI Force XL subs off.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 7 Jun 2016, 01:53 am »
George, did you sell your Vandersteen's for the M-3's?

No...

At least not yet.   :lol:

George

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #17 on: 26 Jun 2016, 10:13 pm »
George, looking forward to hearing more on your thoughts comparing these to the other speakers you mentioned.  I'm plan on trying the M3 Turbo S's but won't have a solid 60 days home until October.  I emailed Clayton and one thing he said is they are heavily back ordered at the moment so October would be better for them as well.

Jeff

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: 26 Jun 2016, 10:21 pm »
I emailed Clayton and one thing he said is they are heavily back ordered at the moment so October would be better for them as well.

Jeff
Can't say I'm surprised!  They're a HUGE bargain IMO!   :thumb:

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #19 on: 26 Jun 2016, 11:40 pm »
George, looking forward to hearing more on your thoughts comparing these to the other speakers you mentioned.  I'm plan on trying the M3 Turbo S's but won't have a solid 60 days home until October.  I emailed Clayton and one thing he said is they are heavily back ordered at the moment so October would be better for them as well.

Jeff

As Jason stated they are an HUGE bargain!!

At this point, I have them broken in and have been playing around with placement in order to optimize their performance (still a work in progress).

That said, I honestly can't find anything that the M3 Turbo S speakers can't do well.

They do exceedingly well at the following:

Imaging - is precise and accurate
Soundstage - is deep, wide, and holographic, while having the proper scale based on the music playing
Texture and Tone - is spot on (especially when I upgraded to the LIO DHT module) and can make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up - totally uncolored and allows me to easily hear cable, amp, and tube changes
Speed and Accuracy - these are fast and detailed, with a leading edge that is sharp and musical - yet seems to hang there forever
Highs - are crystal clear and extended - without a hint of grain or glare (after they break in)
Midrange - from guitar to vocals, it is uncanny in terms of providing a real and "you are there" presentation - I love the way it just pulls me into the music
Bass - thunderous, textured, nuanced, fast - no bloat or overhang
Play them loud or soft - they sound great from 75db to 105db and everything in between

They do all of the above with a 25 watt amp inside the Vinnie Rossi LIO or 400 watt mono blocks (Acoustic Imagery Atsah NC 1200's).

A few notes on placement - while I don't have the final location yet, the speakers have sounded very good to great in a wide variety of locations.  They have been between 48-90" from the front wall and 12-36" from the side wall in my room.  I have also varied between somewhat near field and far field listening.  While both sound great, I prefer the far field approach with the speakers aimed at my outside shoulders.

If I sound like a 16 year old boy who just discovered girls after a first kiss - it's because the M3 Turbo S speakers are that good!!

To wrap things up...right now I am getting the best sound I have ever heard in my room. 

Kudos to Clayton for having the Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S speakers play such a large role in me achieving that.

Highly, highly, recommended and well worth the wait.

George