Hong Kong Based Dealer of Both Solid State and Tube Gear

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
I can't seem to remember the best location for this sort of posting, so I'm placing it here (partly cuz I know the volunteer/partly cuz it will be moved to the appropriate circle by someone if necessary).

I spend a fair amount of time here in Taiwan both online and in the streets seeking out audio shops, electronics dealers and manufacturers. I stumbled onto a H.K. based shop that looks promising, so I thought I'd post it for your benefit. The English version is pretty darned good. You can select from amongst ~90 different languages to view this site!

I have not purchased or tried out any of the products nor am I in any way going to profit from anyone's future purchases from this site. Well, if you want to gift me a tube amp out of gratitude, I could force myself to humbly accept it.  :lol:

http://www.analogmetric.com/index.php

Unrelated to the above link:

Two days ago I walked into an architecture supply store. It's not like Home Depot. It's all about building materials, some remodeling, framing, and a bit of interior design stuff. Anyway, I walked into the loading area to the huge surprise of the guys working there. [I've got to remember to take pics of people's surprised looks when they see this foreigner walking into a place that may never have seen one before.] I start asking questions about MDF, Baltic Birch, and does anyone know a cabinet maker who is interested in building speaker cabinets for a crazy waiguoren (foreigner)? Paydirt! I'm going to be introduced to a guy with 20 years' experience (purportedly in cabinet making) who wants to meet me to discuss this crazy idea. Cool!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Hong Kong Based Dealer of Both Solid State and Tube Gear
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2015, 09:15 am »
I just returned home from that architectural supply store. It turns out the guy I spoke with last time is the owner's son, James. James is not an audiophile, but he knows the cabinet maker who might make a pair of speaker cabinets for me. Now James' father is an audiophile. He's got Focal Scala V2 Utopia speakers powered by a Burmester 911 amplifier in his office!  I did not see the CD player's or preamp's manufacturer's name, but they're probably pretty good.

I have a tentative invitation to listen to this system. If I'm really lucky, I might be allowed to take my Fritz speakers along. I can't imagine how they would sound powered by a 350w/ch Burmester amp. Goose bumps...