Don Sachs SP14 Tube Preamp Review

alexscotti

Re: Don Sachs SP14 Tube Preamp Review
« Reply #140 on: 16 Jun 2017, 07:47 pm »
Time for me to get off the fence...

How much does Don's amp weigh, and what are its dimensions without tubes?

Thanks,

Michael

I'm emailing Don now to place an order, but I won't actually need it till October, I think. Gee. What shall I do...?

:dance:

So I just placed an order for the pre amp.  He said it's going to be ready in the fall.  So you may not have to worry about getting things early. :)

mresseguie

« Reply #141 on: 16 Jun 2017, 08:10 pm »
So I just placed an order for the pre amp.  He said it's going to be ready in the fall.  So you may not have to worry about getting things early. :)

From personal experience....you're gonna be one happy camper... :thumb: :banana piano: :hyper:

richidoo

« Reply #142 on: 16 Jun 2017, 11:20 pm »
Guess we better order now if we want it for our Christmas present?  :D

rickmusicman

« Reply #143 on: 16 Jun 2017, 11:35 pm »
When I ordered my preamp 4 weeks ago, Don said there was a 8 week wait, not sure what it is now.

Blueone302

« Reply #144 on: 17 Jun 2017, 02:55 am »
Michael, the dimensions on the KT-88 amp are:  13 1/2" deep, 17 1/2" wide.  Height is: 7 3/4 to top of transformer.  8 1/2 to top w/ PS Vane KT-88 Tubes.  I didn't measure what it would be w/o feet and tubes.  The shipping info from UPS said 52 lbs.  That could have been for both pieces.  I put the boxes in the storage building.  I'll verify and let you know. J

mresseguie

« Reply #145 on: 17 Jun 2017, 03:12 am »
Thanks, Blueone.

Even though it would probably fit in the carry on luggage I used for the Gustard and the preamp, I think I will buy either a pelican case or a beefier polycarbonate suitcase for the amplifier. I don't want to risk damage. The tubes would be placed in a separate case.

Michael
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2017, 04:45 am by mresseguie »

sabciu

• Enjoy The Music!!
« Reply #146 on: 17 Jun 2017, 03:33 am »
When I ordered my preamp 4 weeks ago, Don said there was a 8 week wait, not sure what it is now.

I got my order in as well, and he gave me similar lead time. So we're in for a long wait, but one that'll hopefully be extraordinarily rewarding! :thumb:

Blueone302

« Reply #147 on: 17 Jun 2017, 03:57 am »
The Decware AMP shipped in a Pelican Case. They are bulletproof.  But they ain't cheap.  I think Don has shipped overseas.  You might check with him on his thoughts.  I do know the way he had the KT-88 amp packed was pretty substantial.  It was double boxed and there were gouges on both ends of the outer box.  But the inner was pristine.

mresseguie

« Reply #148 on: 17 Jun 2017, 07:12 pm »
Good gracious, me!  I just paid my downpayment.  8)

9 to 10 weeks is the best guess for my amp's completion now. I told him he ought to consider taking fewer orders so as to avoid burn out....after he finishes my amp, of course!  :icon_twisted:

Momentum is building, folks....can you all see that wave on the horizon? It's the Don Sachs Audio wave acomin'!  :hyper: :drums: :violin: :banana piano: :weights: :beer:

Blueone302

« Reply #149 on: 18 Jun 2017, 02:32 am »
<Michael, 52 lbs on the amp boxed.  I'm guessing 49lbs.

sabciu

• Enjoy The Music!!
« Reply #150 on: 27 Jun 2017, 01:59 pm »

9 to 10 weeks is the best guess for my amp's completion now. I told him he ought to consider taking fewer orders so as to avoid burn out....after he finishes my amp, of course!  :icon_twisted:

AND MINE!!  :evil: :evil: :lol:

richidoo

« Reply #151 on: 27 Jun 2017, 02:17 pm »

Wicked! Congrats.

mresseguie

« Reply #152 on: 27 Jun 2017, 03:26 pm »
Richidoo,

Bring the family to Taiwan; hand them over to a tour company, and then come to my house for a listening experience (D Sachs amp and preamp, Daedalus Apollos and Kavalan Solist Sherry Cask Single Malt, and delicious delicacies).

mresseguie

« Reply #153 on: 27 Jun 2017, 03:29 pm »

AND MINE!!  :evil: :evil: :lol:

Sabciu,

Are you getting both the pre and the amp?

Michael

sabciu

• Enjoy The Music!!
« Reply #154 on: 27 Jun 2017, 03:51 pm »
Sabciu,

Are you getting both the pre and the amp?

Michael

Hi Michael, no I am only getting the Pre for now. I may pick up the Amp in the future, you know how it goes. For now I'm going to run Bob Latino's M-125 Mono Blocks  :thumb:

Emilio

« Reply #155 on: 30 Jun 2017, 01:52 am »
sabciu

I have both Don Sachs preamp and Bob Latino's M-125. They match perfectly. You won't regret it and for those waiting on Don's preamp or amp or both. The wait is worth it. I ordered my preamp last September or Octocber of 2016 and received it early December of 2016. You guys will not be disappointed at all.

sabciu

• Enjoy The Music!!
« Reply #156 on: 17 Jul 2017, 10:50 pm »
sabciu

I have both Don Sachs preamp and Bob Latino's M-125. They match perfectly. You won't regret it and for those waiting on Don's preamp or amp or both. The wait is worth it. I ordered my preamp last September or Octocber of 2016 and received it early December of 2016. You guys will not be disappointed at all.

Great!! That is really good to hear. I just finished up the build of Bob's M-125's. The build went very well and both Amps's powered up and Biased properly without a hitch! I'm just working on some finishing touches on them  :thumb:. These Amps look and already sound very promising. There's just something about that All Tube sound that's addicting and irresistible.

The build of my Pre won't start until the end of this month, so I am hoping to have it by some time early August.

earwig

« Reply #157 on: 20 Jul 2017, 01:09 pm »
Is that like an audio research sp14?