Update on Blair and business

steve f

Update on Blair and business
« on: 8 May 2015, 04:45 pm »
Just wondering. How is Blair doing? That's the important question. The second question is whether Nithshade exists? Anyone in the know please post a reply.

dangerbird

Re: Update on Blair and business
« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug 2015, 08:40 pm »
Dunno,, blair has had my amps and money for three years now,,,all efforts to contact him have gone unanswered. I think it is safe to say that I won't see either unless I pay him a visit,,then who knows. I understand that that he has experienced some health issues,, but this is no way to do business.
Karma is a bitch.

steve f

« Reply #2 on: 24 Aug 2015, 09:42 pm »
Guy13 used to have some communication with Blair. Unfortunately the moderators took three of his topics to quarantine status. He became upset and left  the Circle. We know Blair was very ill. We don't know if he is recovering. We don't know if he survived. My prayers are with him.

Someone must know, and be in a position to return equipment, or money spent. It would be the right thing to do.

steve

RPM123

« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2015, 03:36 am »
Guy13 used to have some communication with Blair. Unfortunately the moderators took three of his topics to quarantine status. He became upset and left  the Circle. We know Blair was very ill. We don't know if he is recovering. We don't know if he survived. My prayers are with him.

Someone must know, and be in a position to return equipment, or money spent. It would be the right thing to do.

steve

His wife should, since that is how I was able to get my money returned. However that was almost 2 years ago.

JohnR

« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2015, 03:48 am »
Unfortunately the moderators took three of his topics to quarantine status.

That's not unfortunate, that's just the way it works. Guy's childish temper tantrum though - I suppose you could call that "unfortunate." And, he hasn't left, he's always logging in so your position that he can't be contacted is more than ludicrous. Frankly, your constant snipes about how the site is run are getting tiresome, why don't you stop it.

steve f

« Reply #5 on: 25 Aug 2015, 04:44 am »
John, I am not sniping you or anyone else. You misunderstand that was simply background information, nothing else. I sure can't contact him, and don't know if he can be reached. I'm a believer in free speech. I will defend your right to disagree with me. I also believe in politeness. I wrote that Guy got upset and left, and as far as I know is no longer here. It's always unfortunate when someone leaves a forum. It means we all failed. This hobby is a passionate one. Sometimes we are misunderstood. No harm was intended. My feelings aren't hurt either. Are we good?

Steve

JohnR

« Reply #6 on: 25 Aug 2015, 05:09 am »
I'm a believer in free speech.

Implying what exactly?

steve f

« Reply #7 on: 25 Aug 2015, 05:19 am »
Implying nothing. I'm an American who respects the opinions of everyone. I defend your right, and anyone else's, to disagree with me. (First Ammendment) I just believe open discussion is a good thing. Free speech is important. The less confining a discussion, the more we all learn. I've been the beneficiary of a lot of good people from this forum. I'm sure you have too.

steve

JohnR

« Reply #8 on: 25 Aug 2015, 06:44 am »
The doctrine of free speech applies to governments, not to privately owned forums. There's an explanation/rant on hometheatreshack.com about it, I doubt you will find many website operators who disagree with it. Plus, this is not an American site, so it's pretty arrogant to apply your own constitution to it.

steve f

« Reply #9 on: 25 Aug 2015, 07:09 am »
John,

I am hardly arrogant. I also have no desire to fight over semantics. I am well aware that this isn't an American site. All I can do is describe my motivations. I like people. I would not call you names. 

Since I've written you a private message, let's take it there. This serves no purpose.

steve

steve f

« Reply #10 on: 25 Aug 2015, 07:11 am »
I still would like to know if Blair is doing okay.

steve

JohnR

« Reply #11 on: 25 Aug 2015, 07:18 am »
I wish I knew, but I have no way to contact him either. Last PM from him was Nov 2013. He was upset about someone smearing him on facebook.

Jazzaudio

« Reply #12 on: 13 Dec 2015, 03:09 pm »
I ventured into the Owner's Circles for the first time to look around. I'm not an owner of, nor even listened to, Niteshade Audio products and, out of curiosity, was going through Niteshade's circle when I saw this thread.   It's sometimes helpful to disengage from the sight and sound of this hobby and realize the humanity behind it.  Since Blair Lamphear and Niteshade Audio were both in Rome, NY, this may bring a respectful closure for those who celebrated the world of music and audio through Blair's products:

http://www.princeboydhyatt.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=3333558&fh_id=12409

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #13 on: 13 Dec 2015, 03:44 pm »
I ventured into the Owner's Circles for the first time to look around. I'm not an owner of, nor even listened to, Niteshade Audio products and, out of curiosity, was going through Niteshade's circle when I saw this thread.   It's sometimes helpful to disengage from the sight and sound of this hobby and realize the humanity behind it.  Since Blair Lamphear and Niteshade Audio were both in Rome, NY, this may bring a respectful closure for those who celebrated the world of music and audio through Blair's products:

http://www.princeboydhyatt.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=3333558&fh_id=12409

Wow, 42 years young... Life is too short! RIP Blair...

Condolences,
Pete

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #14 on: 13 Dec 2015, 03:45 pm »
Very sad to hear. Rest in peace, Blair.

Guy 13

« Reply #15 on: 13 Dec 2015, 03:47 pm »

Thanks Jazzaudio for the link and bad news
(Even if I suspect that his silence was because he was not with us anymore.)
Yes, I was in contact with Blair until about a year ago.
He told me not to tell anyone or give any AC members his e-mail address,
especially one by the name of... ???
By respect I will not mention his name, but he knows who he is.
Anyway, very sad to die at such a young age.
We have exchanged e-mails about audio, not AudioCircle, until he was too sick
and could not write anymore.
RIP Blair.
I will miss you my friend.

Guy 13

Buy the way, I have a SE - 6L6 10wpc amplifier from him
and still use it from time to time.

rpf

« Reply #16 on: 13 Dec 2015, 03:56 pm »
Sad to hear. I owned one of his 6L6 amps a few years ago. It was very nice sounding (just didn't have enough power for my speakers).

Condolences to his family.

djbnh

« Reply #17 on: 14 Dec 2015, 03:41 am »
Condolences to his family and friends.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
    • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
« Reply #18 on: 16 Feb 2016, 01:11 am »
Blair seemed like a very nice gentleman.  Very sad to hear this bad news, and sorry for posting so late. 

My condolences to Blair's family for losing their dear son.

Steve

« Reply #19 on: 13 Oct 2017, 04:29 pm »
Blair seemed like a very nice gentleman.  Very sad to hear this bad news, and sorry for posting so late. 

My condolences to Blair's family for losing their dear son.

I absolutely agree James. I still remember back in 2009, or so, that Blair was Falsely and Viciously attacked on Stereophile forum
by one from Hydrogen audio forum. Blair remained one amazing Gentleman, not once responding in retaliation. He will be sorely missed.

My condolences to Blair's family as well.

Steve