The Bamberg 3 TMW has finally launched!

PEB

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.BambergAudio.com
« on: 14 Mar 2014, 12:07 pm »
http://bambergaudio.com/products/series3/3tmw.php

The first configuration is digital input, 3-way active.  I have already held 3 successful demos so far - expect to hear some very positive reports soon. 

Jackman and I will show these in Chicago in April, followed by Lone Star Audio Fest in May.  Also planned is a tour for in-home demo of the monitors only. 

I have been designing and producing high-end speakers for a very long time, and I must say I have never had such a long and challenging product launch as with the 3TMW. 

But I believe this has really been worth it - this speaker's sound is truly vibrant.

LadyDog

Re: The Bamberg 3 TMW has finally launched!
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2014, 02:12 pm »
Having heard Phil's other excellent designs, I have no doubt these will follow suit and be equally fantastic.

jackman

« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2014, 03:00 pm »
Hey Jeff,

You are near Phil's place and I look forward to your comments if you have a chance to hear these.  I'm going to get a group together for Axpona at my house and demo these, if you are interested.  It would be great to meet you in person. 

The prospect of an active set of main speakers sounds pretty cool to me.  I also like the design of the Series 3's and the overall look.  My Series 5's are completely dialed in and I'm really curious to hear how these stack up. 

Take care!

Jack

Big Red Machine

« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2014, 03:18 pm »
Wow Phil, can't wait to hear them.  You never disappoint.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar 2014, 03:31 pm »
Will you be at RMAF?  3 way active speakers are near and dear to my heart - I'd love to hear them!

Tubeburner

« Reply #5 on: 14 Mar 2014, 04:10 pm »
I own a pair of Bamberg speakers and Phil is a gem in the industry. I am never disappointed with my speakers. Phil, is there a plan to make a passive pair down the road? Wish I could hear these!

Ernie

roscoeiii

« Reply #6 on: 14 Mar 2014, 07:25 pm »
Look forward to hearing these in Chicago. I love the sound of the Bambergs jackman has. Very impressive stuff.

jackman

« Reply #7 on: 14 Mar 2014, 08:25 pm »
Roscoe,
You might be looking at my new speakers. I'm not sure about the red color but need to see them in person. The active xover and system looks pretty cool. I look forward to comparing them to my current system.

I'll get some good beers for the get together and May BBQ some ribs or get pizza. Hope you can make it.

Thanks

Jack

roscoeiii

« Reply #8 on: 14 Mar 2014, 09:16 pm »
Just lemme know when, so I can  mark my calendar.

PEB

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.BambergAudio.com
« Reply #9 on: 14 Mar 2014, 10:02 pm »
I own a pair of Bamberg speakers and Phil is a gem in the industry. I am never disappointed with my speakers. Phil, is there a plan to make a passive pair down the road? Wish I could hear these!

Ernie

Funny you should ask, because my original plan was to make them my very first public offering of a fully passive 3-way speaker.  Unfortunately the sensitivity mismatch between the 9" woofer and 6" midrange was off by just enough dB to prevent that.  It would have been a huge struggle to try and overcome the issue. 

[Every few years I get the bug to develop and release the full 3-way passive design.  But once I really start to
get jiggy with it, the challenges resurface to gang up on me, and I always end up pounding on the desk and
run screaming from the room.  The same thing happens every time I entertain the notion of a ribbon tweeter.]

The good news is as always: that when you combine an active-powered woofer (with no series inductors), spikes, vent or drones, and sufficient cabinet weight ... then the bass is not compressed and it sounds really quick and tight. 

But wait, there's more.  Nearing the end of development is a hypbrid version, which is active woofer with passive-crossover monitor.  This version is similar to the way Series 5 TMW operates.  It runs off of your traditional preamp, and the passive crossover adds that every-so-slight smoothing effect to the sound in the upper half spectrum. 

Plus the passive monitor can be used for center and surround purposes.  While the active monitor pair can be used for an office/bedroom system with or without subwoofer.  This is the reason for the word "versatile" on the product page. 

I have learned to hold my cards close to the vest on new product announcements, so I can't say more just yet.  But if all goes well, I may be able to bring both versions to Jack's and LSAF. 

musiclear

« Reply #10 on: 15 Mar 2014, 11:05 am »
I have to agree about Phil.  He has designed two systems for me now and I could not imagine going any where else. 

I'll walk into a room with music playing from one of his designs and I will sometimes have to stop, go to the couch and listen to the detail and depth that I have not heard till then.  It's mesmerising.  The music draws me like never before.