The Las Vegas Audio Club

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
The Las Vegas Audio Club
« on: 6 Aug 2013, 02:20 am »
Ok, fellow audiophiles in the Vegas area, after years of trying to get this off of the ground, we just had our first ever meeting last Saturday (8-3-13)!

We had a great time listening to tunes on my system. Good food and drink were served. And overall it was good times!

Right now we have 7 members, and we're looking for a few more good audiophiles in the Vegas area.

Meetings will be once a month, probably on the first week of every month.

So, don't be shy, we'd love to have you for the next meeting, and as of now it's FREE to join!

Any questions? Send me a pm or email me at: dave_a_2005@hotmail.com

Here's a couple of pics of the meeting.

vegasdave

Re: The Las Vegas Audio Club
« Reply #1 on: 6 Aug 2013, 03:10 am »
Here is our blog on blogspot.com. All of the photos are here. This blog will be the main hub of club activity and what have you. We will update semi regularly. Any feedback you may have, feel free to add your comments or email me.

http://lasvegasaudioclub.blogspot.com/

TomS

« Reply #2 on: 6 Aug 2013, 12:32 pm »
Congrats on getting this started.

Not to derail, but for those in Nevada and California, I saw this posted by Steven R. Rochlin of EnjoyTheMusic.com this morning. I realize this is up north, but be on the alert for some VERY high end gear the thieves may not know what they have.

ALERT: STOLEN GEAR
Theft Report from Brian Ackerman of Aaudio Imports

"On Friday my truck was broken into in the state of Nevada at the hotel I was staying at on my way to the California Audio Show. All the Ypsilon gear was stolen, Aelius amps, PST100 MKII, DAC100 & CDT100. Along with several Stage III cables, several HB Power Distributors, Acapella platforms and tools. Damage to my truck and a broken back window. I filed a police report and they have a detective on the case. The retail value was around $250,000 USD... the thieves didn’t get the remote controls for the PST100 preamp or CDT100 CD player, so whomever tries to purchase these units will probably be looking to purchase the remotes at some point because the units won’t work without them. Then we can turn them over to the police department immediately after getting their information. The gear was stolen in the city of Sparks Nevada, USA on Friday August 2nd, early morning. Any information on this matter can be set directly to detective Jason Edmonson.

A list of the gear stolen includes Ypsilon Aelius amplifier, Ypsilon PST100 MKII, Ypsilon DAC100 D/A Converter, Ypsilon CDT100, HB Cable Design PowerSlave Marble (x3), HB Cable Design PowerSlave Acrylic, HB Cable Design PowerStar Horizon (x2), Stage III Concepts Kraken Pwr. Cord (x5), HB Cable Design Proton power conditioner cord, Acapella Fondato Silenzio Isolation Platform (x5) and various specialty tools. Thanks for your support in this matter.

Best regards,

Brian Ackerman
"
www.aaudioimports.com

vegasdave

« Reply #3 on: 6 Aug 2013, 01:22 pm »
Congrats on getting this started.

Not to derail, but for those in Nevada and California, I saw this posted by Steven R. Rochlin of EnjoyTheMusic.com this morning. I realize this is up north, but be on the alert for some VERY high end gear the thieves may not know what they have.

ALERT: STOLEN GEAR
Theft Report from Brian Ackerman of Aaudio Imports

"On Friday my truck was broken into in the state of Nevada at the hotel I was staying at on my way to the California Audio Show. All the Ypsilon gear was stolen, Aelius amps, PST100 MKII, DAC100 & CDT100. Along with several Stage III cables, several HB Power Distributors, Acapella platforms and tools. Damage to my truck and a broken back window. I filed a police report and they have a detective on the case. The retail value was around $250,000 USD... the thieves didn’t get the remote controls for the PST100 preamp or CDT100 CD player, so whomever tries to purchase these units will probably be looking to purchase the remotes at some point because the units won’t work without them. Then we can turn them over to the police department immediately after getting their information. The gear was stolen in the city of Sparks Nevada, USA on Friday August 2nd, early morning. Any information on this matter can be set directly to detective Jason Edmonson.

A list of the gear stolen includes Ypsilon Aelius amplifier, Ypsilon PST100 MKII, Ypsilon DAC100 D/A Converter, Ypsilon CDT100, HB Cable Design PowerSlave Marble (x3), HB Cable Design PowerSlave Acrylic, HB Cable Design PowerStar Horizon (x2), Stage III Concepts Kraken Pwr. Cord (x5), HB Cable Design Proton power conditioner cord, Acapella Fondato Silenzio Isolation Platform (x5) and various specialty tools. Thanks for your support in this matter.

Best regards,

Brian Ackerman
"
www.aaudioimports.com

Thanks! and no problem on posting the alert. Would you like to have me post it in the blog?

michael green MGA

• Industry Participant
  • "everything affects everything else"
    • MGA/RoomTune
« Reply #4 on: 7 Aug 2013, 01:51 am »
Congrats on the new club!

Hope you have loads of fun!

Steven is a class act, nice of him to bring this to our attention.

vegasdave

« Reply #5 on: 8 Aug 2013, 08:34 pm »
Congrats on the new club!

Hope you have loads of fun!

Steven is a class act, nice of him to bring this to our attention.

Thanks! I appreciate that. The first meeting went very well at Casa de vegasdave, and it was tons of fun!

vegasdave

« Reply #6 on: 8 Aug 2013, 08:36 pm »
Thanks! and no problem on posting the alert. Would you like to have me post it in the blog?

Ok, I have posted the alert in the blog. Take a peek when you have the chance.

TomS

« Reply #7 on: 9 Aug 2013, 01:53 am »
Ok, I have posted the alert in the blog. Take a peek when you have the chance.

Sorry I forgot to get back to this thread. I'm sure Brian appreciates the exposure so thanks.

vegasdave

« Reply #8 on: 10 Aug 2013, 09:45 am »
Sorry I forgot to get back to this thread. I'm sure Brian appreciates the exposure so thanks.

No problem. Well, that's what we're here for, to help each other out. Let Brian know if you can, please. Thanks!

vegasdave

« Reply #9 on: 25 Jun 2014, 07:54 pm »
Ok, guys and gals, we have a very special event that will take place on 7-19-14. I can't say anything right now, but it will be epic. Stay tuned for details.

Also, our 1 year anniversary is coming up. I had no clue it would last this long. We might have something special for that too...

In addition, it's still free to join the club, so you might wanna do that now before we start taking dues.

Finally, thanks to all for your support over the last year. We couldn't have done it without you.

Take care,

-Dave-Founder and President, LVAC.

Nick B

« Reply #10 on: 26 Jun 2014, 04:49 am »
Well, I found out about the LVAC thru the post here last year, have been attending the meetings and having a great time.  Our membership continues to grow and Dave has worked hard and done a great job putting it all together. If any of you are in the area, please check us out
Nick

vegasdave

« Reply #11 on: 26 Jun 2014, 04:49 pm »
Well, I found out about the LVAC thru the post here last year, have been attending the meetings and having a great time.  Our membership continues to grow and Dave has worked hard and done a great job putting it all together. If any of you are in the area, please check us out
Nick

Thanks Nick, I appreciate that. Nick is our most dedicated member, making the drive from St. George, Utah for just about every meeting so far.

We serve all of Southern Nevada and really all of Nevada (not sure if Reno has a club going.) As well as southeastern CA (Barstow, Death Valley, Victorville, Palm Springs,) and southern Utah.

And we serve tourists too. So, if you're in Vegas at the date and time of the meeting, feel free to come on down.

So if you are in any of these areas, check us out. Again, it's free to join at this time, so there's no risk.

vegasdave

« Reply #12 on: 9 Jul 2014, 10:32 pm »
Ok, here's the official announcement of our July meeting. This is a special event so you don't wanna miss it! You'll have to be a member or a friend of one to attend. This event is not open to the public. It is still free to join the club.

http://lasvegasaudioclub.blogspot.com/2014/07/july-meeting-place-and-time-set.html

vegasdave

« Reply #13 on: 21 Jul 2014, 01:33 am »
Our Twelfth Meeting: http://lasvegasaudioclub.blogspot.com/2014/07/our-twelfth-meeting.html

Next month marks our 1 year anniversary!

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #14 on: 21 Jul 2014, 01:53 am »
Very cool! Good Luck with your club!  :thumb:

Cheers, 
Pete

vegasdave

« Reply #15 on: 23 Jul 2014, 02:38 am »
Very cool! Good Luck with your club!  :thumb:

Cheers, 
Pete

Thank you sir!

vegasdave

« Reply #16 on: 23 Jul 2014, 02:38 am »
August meeting place and time set: http://lasvegasaudioclub.blogspot.com/2014/07/august-meeting-place-and-time-set.html

Our 1 year anniversary!

vegasdave

« Reply #17 on: 23 Aug 2014, 09:23 pm »

vegasdave

« Reply #18 on: 1 Oct 2014, 07:20 pm »

vegasdave

« Reply #19 on: 15 Oct 2014, 03:53 pm »
LVACs coverage of RMAF: http://lasvegasaudioclub.blogspot.com/2014/10/rmaf-2015.html

Thanks for looking!