Finally completed my mobile audio system

S1NN3R

Finally completed my mobile audio system
« on: 3 Nov 2012, 12:54 am »
Is it worth to record your vinyl using lossless? How well will it do with ipod streaming for the vehicle since we can't use vinyl in cars?

here is the youtube link to my system http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPP_Jp1s17U

Bemopti123

Re: Finally completed my mobile audio system
« Reply #1 on: 3 Nov 2012, 02:19 am »
That is friggin' awesome battery power turned into audio performance.   :cyclops:

srb

« Reply #2 on: 3 Nov 2012, 02:57 am »
Is it worth to record your vinyl using lossless? How well will it do with ipod streaming for the vehicle since we can't use vinyl in cars?

I was pleasantly surprised that the video did not go BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM!

I used compressed files on my iPod because (a) I have a stock stereo system and (b) my iPod is < 30GB .  But given your super high end components as well as soundproofing/damping, I would rip vinyl to lossless files.

Not sure exactly what you mean by iPod streaming.  If you mean using your iPod to feed a stereo through a dock connector line out or USB (rather than Bluetooth or RF wireless), then yes, I think you will be able to realize the advantage of better sounding lossless files.

Steve
« Last Edit: 3 Nov 2012, 05:45 am by srb »

medium jim

« Reply #3 on: 3 Nov 2012, 04:12 am »
Welcome to the Audiophile Mobile Audio Circle!   Damn nice system!

Jim

S1NN3R

« Reply #4 on: 3 Nov 2012, 05:40 am »
srb,

I turn off my subwoofer for the recording otherwise it will distort the mic. I did an album lossless vinyl recording and it also comes with a few vinyl popping :P

S1NN3R

« Reply #5 on: 3 Nov 2012, 05:41 am »
Thanks Jim!

srb

« Reply #6 on: 3 Nov 2012, 05:56 am »
I did an album lossless vinyl recording and it also comes with a few vinyl popping :P

Have you tried click and pop removal filters available in some sound editing programs?  They may take some trial and error fiddling and previewing to get good results.  Audacity (free) lets you adjust the sensitivity threshold and maximum spike width, and other sound editing programs more geared toward LP digitizing may offer even more advanced adjustments.

Steve

S1NN3R

« Reply #7 on: 3 Nov 2012, 06:12 am »
I only have garage band software in my comp  :?

srb

« Reply #8 on: 3 Nov 2012, 06:55 am »
If you have GarageBand then I assume you have a Mac.  Audacity is a free open source sound editor and is also available as a Mac version, provided you have OS X 10.4 or later.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/mac

There are good tutorials available through the Help menu, but it's fairly simple to import an existing file and run the click and pop removal effect from the menu (Effect > Click Removal).  You can then playback the result and if necessary undo the changes and retry with different settings to get the wanted result.   Then when you are satisfied you can export and save the file.

Steve