Hot Headphone Deals!!

scottm_dj

Re: Hot Headphone Deals!!
« Reply #200 on: 6 Oct 2017, 02:02 am »
There's been some mention of these FAD Pandora VI on here and I ran across this so I hope an ebay listing is acceptable here (not my listing).  If you don't mind rather heavy cans that don't have the greatest "stability" if you move too much (this is NOT a portable model by any means), the sound of these is worth it and build quality sublime.  Incredibly detailed and musical presentation with its separate woofer and tweeter structure...and this is the discontinued (renamed) "Pandora" line with the cool fur-lined box and updated pads as well.  Google the sterling reviews.  Great buy, especially for UK buyers, as they are $700 on Amazon US.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Final-Audio-Pandora-Hope-VI-Headphones-/253172109167?hash=item3af23bcf6f:g:VlwAAOSw~G1Zx8Es

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #201 on: 6 Oct 2017, 05:06 pm »
Hi Dale,
When I put velour pads and change the cord to a Copper/Silver shorter lenght in my original HE400 the improvment was minimal to my ears, it is due my source is a PC?

scottm_dj

« Reply #202 on: 6 Oct 2017, 06:47 pm »
Usually, changing earpads changes the sound, and since it started out very neutral, I wonder what the updated pads do to the sound
For the Pandoras, here is what the general consensus is for replacements:

Shure 1540 alcantara pads - Sound is very good, possibly with a very slight reduction in the bass but still very listenable.  Comfort is excellent and the best of any that I have tried with nice thick pads that you can wear for hours at a time.

I may try a pair myself..

dB Cooper

« Reply #203 on: 6 Oct 2017, 11:03 pm »
Hd700 used for $400 Amazon Warehouse Deals...
I liked the 800 but the 700 underwhelmed me (at least at the original price point) both in terms of sound and design (cramped ear cups my main beef). I seem to remember innerfi being not too impressed either.

dB Cooper

« Reply #204 on: 6 Oct 2017, 11:04 pm »
Looks like I'm gonna find out.  Thanks for the tip dB!
Report back please!

JakeJ

« Reply #205 on: 7 Oct 2017, 02:16 am »
Will do!  Shipping update - Left Anaheim, CA and stopped (probably overnight) in Shasta, CA.  Scheduled delivery end of business day 10/10/2017.  I know the hub is in Troutdale, OR so it feasible they could get here Monday....or I'll gnaw my nails until Tuesday!

Then it's.... :drums: :guitar: :rock:

JakeJ

« Reply #206 on: 10 Oct 2017, 02:36 am »
Damn!  FedEx is disappointing today.  They were supposed to be delivered today between 10 AM and 1 PM.  Got home at 5:20 PM and no headphones.  Grrr!

Now 8 PM and I highly doubt they are going to be delivered tonight, oh well.

Anticipation can be a harsh mistress.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #207 on: 10 Oct 2017, 04:05 pm »
Fedex delivery at night? until what hours?

JakeJ

« Reply #208 on: 11 Oct 2017, 01:20 am »
FRM, They can deliver as late as 7 PM here in my corner of earth (46.2857° N, 119.2845° W).

It's all good, they got here at 11 AM this morning.  I am listening right now and am very impressed.  Incredibly deep, solid, tight, bass.  Reminds me of my old Stax kit.  Treble is smooth and extended, can get intense if the music calls for it (First Cut: Saor/Free/News from Nowhere and then into Eistigh Liomsa Sealad/Listen to Me/Saor Reprise by Afro Celt Sound System, album - Volume 1: Sound Magic.

Midrange seems just slightly closed-in or congested (?) but female vocals are sweet.

Currently using my iFi iDSD (orig) for DAC/HP amp and have the volume at 12 o'clock which is ~85-90 dB (just a WAG).  Is there such a thing as break-in with a planar magentic headphone?  If so how long can I expect it to take?

More as I listen.

Again thanks, dB Cooper!  Love getting high quality, high-end gears for a great price.  :thumb:

PS - So far the weight and clamping pressure don't bother me at all.  Time will tell.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #209 on: 11 Oct 2017, 02:30 am »
Congratulations its a great value HP, I think breakin have a dramatic effect in planars; I received my 400 zero hours breakin the bass was bad, after 50 hours changed alot, dont know if yours was breakin in the factory.

JakeJ

« Reply #210 on: 11 Oct 2017, 12:11 pm »
Congratulations its a great value HP, I think breakin have a dramatic effect in planars; I received my 400 zero hours breakin the bass was bad, after 50 hours changed alot, dont know if yours was breakin in the factory.

I don't think there is any significant time on these as they are new (or newish since they are refurbished).  I seriously hope there is some break in as I will enjoy greater performance and better sound.

These are wayyyy better than the ThinkSound On2 I tried for my first pair of cans in over 20 years.  I must say the can-scape has changed alot!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #211 on: 11 Oct 2017, 03:44 pm »
What model do you bought?

JakeJ

« Reply #212 on: 11 Oct 2017, 09:36 pm »
Audeze EL-8 open.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #213 on: 11 Oct 2017, 10:45 pm »
Hmm I will see it, thanks.
I though it was the LCD2Classic :duh:

JakeJ

« Reply #214 on: 12 Oct 2017, 01:10 am »
For $339 US shipped direct from Audeze?!  LCD-2 is a kilobuck on the site as of this writing.  I'm sure you could find the LCD-2 used for less but then there is shipping.

zoom25

« Reply #215 on: 12 Oct 2017, 01:18 am »
There are two LCD-2's on the Audeze website. One is the normal with the Fazor. The other is a Classic variant priced at $599 that sounds like the old Audeze before the fazor.

dB Cooper

« Reply #216 on: 12 Oct 2017, 04:04 am »

Again thanks, dB Cooper!  Love getting high quality, high-end gears for a great price.  :thumb:

Glad to help. I was just googling randomly on my lunch break.
I'm actually drifting away from full size cans- they feel clammy on my ears after awhile (even the 'open' ones, which are mostly 'semi-open' anymore.) Thinking of selling my HD650s (if Massdrop hasn't destroyed the used market wth the 6xx) and getting a pair of the new version of the ER4 IEMs.

Are there any cosmetic flaws? Maybe you just got an open box return. What are you driving them from?

JakeJ

« Reply #217 on: 12 Oct 2017, 11:48 am »
There are some light marks around the cable plug holes at the bottom of the ear cups.  But had I not had bright light on when I was setting them up I would not have seen them.  I hit a reflective angle and caught one mark  They are refurbished.

IMO they are nearly pristine and I now want to find a case for them so I can take them on trips occasionally.

My wallet and I have been victims of random Googling in the past.  :lol:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #218 on: 12 Oct 2017, 05:08 pm »
There are two LCD-2's on the Audeze website. One is the normal with the Fazor. The other is a Classic variant priced at $599 that sounds like the old Audeze before the fazor.
This is the factory text, STM it was not tested by a owner.
Do you have any info on this?

zoom25

« Reply #219 on: 12 Oct 2017, 06:47 pm »
This is the factory text, STM it was not tested by a owner.
Do you have any info on this?

Hi, I don't understand your query.

This is the product: https://www.audeze.com/products/lcd-collection/lcd2c

If your question was "whether anyone has heard it yet?," then the answer is yes. People did hear it and found it more comfortable than any LCD-2's up to now. This new classic also sounded like the original LCD-2 we were used to before the Fazor implementation. I asked the person who had heard a few of these revisions, and the classic delivers. No fatigue like some may experience with the Fazor.

Of course, I cannot confirm this as I haven't heard any Fazor models or the new Classic. I only have experience with pre-fazor models of LCD-2.2 and LCD-3. The few and recent impressions of this new Classic LCD-2 seems to match my experience with my pre-fazor models.

Hope that helps.