Houston Audio Society Activities

FredT300B

• Facilitator
Houston Audio Society Activities
« on: 31 May 2012, 03:42 pm »
The Houston Audio Society's next few meetings are scheduled for June 9th, July 14th and August 11th.

The June 9th meeting will be held at Songbrush Sound Studio. Proprietor Lloyd Daniel will demonstrate the recording equipment and describe the steps in creating a compact disk. Songbrush Sound specializes in the recording, mixing and mastering of acoustic music using as little dynamic compression as possible to produce a high quality recording.

The July 14th meeting is at club member Dennis Deacon's house. Dennis is the maker of D-Sonic Class D amplifiers and is also an authorized in-home dealer of several brands of speakers and electronics. Meeting details will be posted in July.

The August 11th meeting, at my house, will be a demonstration of the DR912a line array speakers. Each speaker stands 7' 8" tall and incorporates an array of nine BG Neo8 PDR tweeters with twelve Dayton Audio RS180-8 woofers. A single TC Sounds Epic 12 subwoofer with a Dayton Audio 500w plate amp handles the bass. The active crossover is a dbx DriveRack PA+. I will be using the Omin Mic system to visually demonstrate the frequency response shaping capabilities of a dsp active crossover.

Each of these meetings is a great opportunity for our friends from Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, and all parts of Louisiana to drive over for the day and join us. No RSVP is required; just show up. Follow our yahoo group page for meeting details and driving directions: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/houstonaudio/

jimdgoulding

Re: Houston Audio Society Activities
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2012, 04:12 pm »
Fred and his wife, Linda, are fine hosts.  Should be fun and interesting.  Hi, Fred.

Brad

« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2012, 10:32 pm »
That studio visit sounds like a terrific experience. :thumb:

FredT300B

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 2 Jun 2012, 10:11 am »
Change of plans: I visited Songbrush Sound yesterday and discovered some renovations are underway that won't be finished in time for our June meeting. So we've shuffled the locations and topics for the next three meetings:

The June 9th meeting is at Dennis Deacon's house
The July 14th meeting is at my house
The August 11th meeting is at Songbrush Sound

The new topic for the June 9th meeting is dsp room correction. See the HAS yahoo group page for meeting information and directions to Dennis' house. http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/houstonaudio/