Huge liquidation sale!

jeffh

Re: Huge liquidation sale!
« Reply #40 on: 31 Oct 2012, 11:45 pm »

Danny Richie

« Reply #41 on: 1 Nov 2012, 04:09 pm »
Nice review and great posted measurements. Too bad there was no explanation as to what any of those measurements were. To the average guy they must seem like little more than wiggles on a chart.

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #42 on: 1 Nov 2012, 05:38 pm »
Nice review and great posted measurements. Too bad there was no explanation as to what any of those measurements were. To the average guy they must seem like little more than wiggles on a chart.

Average guy here.  I agree.

jparkhur

« Reply #43 on: 1 Nov 2012, 05:49 pm »
The review was good.  The item people need to be aware of is the actual numbers used when graphing a set of points.  Numbers Lie and Liars use Numbers!  Here is why.  You can get numbers to say anything you want and when looking at an honest  graph (over honest in this instance-I am saying that Danny put this in to 5db sets to show how good it was) we interpret the graph as what we have seen in the past.  Typical graph shows 10 db separations, this graph is labeled as one with 5 db separations and would to the normal viewer seem wavy, but if you extrapolate this out to a 10 db graph, is very flat across the spectrum.  Not sure if we will ever have an agreed upon set of rules, but when you look at some speaker manufacturers, you must be careful and note the db separation and how the graph is plotted.   Welcome to the politics of speaker manufacturing...   We must be more aware of our specs. Yes, I am aware that the lines and info was not well represented to the end user... Great speaker, poorly put together review...

JP

Cheeseboy

« Reply #44 on: 1 Nov 2012, 06:05 pm »
Perhaps I'm reading the reveiw wrong but even the reveiwer seemed to want to try these with a higher powered amp.   Did anyone else pick up on that? 

jparkhur

« Reply #45 on: 1 Nov 2012, 06:06 pm »
Yes,  As a reviewer shouldn't he have a set of amps to pick from?  A small tube, big tube, small SS and large SS to get the end user the best information.   Would be good practice.
JP

Danny Richie

« Reply #46 on: 1 Nov 2012, 06:27 pm »
Yes,  As a reviewer shouldn't he have a set of amps to pick from?  A small tube, big tube, small SS and large SS to get the end user the best information.   Would be good practice.
JP

Well, as the designer, I use several different amps with the speakers during the playback phase of the design.  And having more power on tap would have definitely been preferred. 

nickd

« Reply #47 on: 1 Nov 2012, 09:46 pm »
at RMAF on Friday last year, I thought the Reference Line SS amp sounded amazing on the Super V, and I'm picky about amps. :lol:

I'm always amazed to hear the difference in amp speaker matches.

makdoogle

« Reply #48 on: 29 Nov 2012, 04:46 am »
Danny,
I see that you said the center speaker for the Classic series could be used as left/right also.  I was wondering if you could do the same with the CSC-1 from the Contemporary line.  If so would you have to change the orientation of the tweeter for vertical placement?  How much are these selling for?  Thanks for your time.

Danny Richie

« Reply #49 on: 29 Nov 2012, 02:14 pm »
Danny,
I see that you said the center speaker for the Classic series could be used as left/right also.  I was wondering if you could do the same with the CSC-1 from the Contemporary line.  If so would you have to change the orientation of the tweeter for vertical placement?  How much are these selling for?  Thanks for your time.

You could do that. The box does have a slight tilt to the front baffle, just so you know.

Prices on it are here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=98346.msg1007701#msg1007701

Danny Richie

« Reply #50 on: 19 Jun 2013, 07:25 pm »
Lots of these are still available.

Danny Richie

« Reply #51 on: 22 Aug 2013, 03:32 am »
Still some left....

this_is_vv

« Reply #52 on: 22 Aug 2013, 04:28 am »
Still some left....

any good pair of subwoofer u have?

V

Danny Richie

« Reply #53 on: 22 Aug 2013, 02:27 pm »
any good pair of subwoofer u have?

V

Sorry, but they are not liquidating sub-woofers.

Ron

« Reply #54 on: 12 Jul 2014, 11:36 am »
  Both the Centrare mains and the Daventi center channel speaker cabinet styles are very attractive. The one concern I have is with the end caps. Seems to me that they would cause diffraction problems or is it really not an issue? Also, is their sound quality similar to the AV-1's and AV-3s?

Danny Richie

« Reply #55 on: 12 Jul 2014, 01:51 pm »
  Both the Centrare mains and the Daventi center channel speaker cabinet styles are very attractive. The one concern I have is with the end caps. Seems to me that they would cause diffraction problems or is it really not an issue? Also, is their sound quality similar to the AV-1's and AV-3s?

Because of the multiple rolls of the edges (not a single flat plane) the top plates are not much of an issue. And they do sound similar to our A/V series.

Danny Richie

« Reply #56 on: 24 Aug 2015, 04:24 pm »
These can now be ordered online: http://gr-research.com/completedspeakers.aspx

Prices are still at blow out levels.