iTunes and HD Tracks vs Audirvana and HDTracks

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
iTunes and HD Tracks vs Audirvana and HDTracks
« on: 19 Apr 2015, 05:23 pm »
I can load HDTracks files into iTunes and it will play through the hard drive but can't be loaded into the Cloud, and I of course understand why that is.

Has anyone had success using Audirvana 2.0 on a Mac and using HDTracks files?  I'm also trying to load digital files onto Audirvana, specifically the Rush 40th anniversary digital files that are coming with their new LP reissues.

Any help getting Audirvana and HDTracks files to work together would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

srb

Re: iTunes and HD Tracks vs Audirvana and HDTracks
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2015, 05:33 pm »
HDtracks downloaded files are not proprietary and are common industry standard AIFF, ALAC, FLAC or WAV files, depending which you selected to download (but you obviously didn't download FLAC as they cannot be natively played in iTunes).

Audirvana Plus 2.0 supports those file types as well as DSF, DSDIFF and SACD ISO.

If you are subscribed to iTunes Match ($24.99/year) that will let you store all of your library including CD rips or downloaded files purchased elsewhere.

Steve

ebag4

Re: iTunes and HD Tracks vs Audirvana and HDTracks
« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2015, 05:51 pm »
I play HDTracks downloads using Audirvana plus and my Mac Mini.  Are these DSD files or Hi Res PCM?

If DSD files you must have a compatible DAC and Audirvana preferences set to DSD over PCM Standard.  If the files are Hi Res PCM as long as your DAC can handle Hi Res you should be OK.  More system information may help determine the issue you are having.

Best,
Ed