Tube Amp Repair in S. Jersey/Philly

EthanH

Tube Amp Repair in S. Jersey/Philly
« on: 3 Oct 2015, 12:38 am »
I would greatly appreciate any recommendations for a good tube amp repair service in the South Jersey/Philadelphia area.

Tonight my Cayin TA30 stopped working.   :(  I think one of the 12AU7 tubes went bad - while music was playing the right speaker suddenly started distorting like crazy.  I turned the amp off but first noticed that the 12AU7 had a bright blue spark flickering near the base.  I changed the 12AU7, switched the 12AX7s, and replaced the EL34s, but I get no sound whatsoever out of the right speaker.  I love my tube amp and am hoping it is just a fuse... :( 

Anyway, any recommendations for a reputable tube amp repair service would be great.  I tried to look up Jim Nichols, but his site appears to be down. I think he's based in Pennsauken, which would be really convenient for me.

Thanks! in advance!

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Tube Amp Repair in S. Jersey/Philly
« Reply #1 on: 3 Oct 2015, 08:05 pm »
You could call Audio-Medics in Cherry Hill, 856-667-0616.  Don't know if he does tubes, but has done wonderful work on my vintage solid state gear.

EthanH

« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2015, 02:33 am »
Just an update - I took the amp to Quest for Sound in Bensalem.  Great customer service, and the amp was repaired in 1 week.   :thumb:

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2015, 04:19 am »
Great, glad you got it fixed.  I forgot all about them as I never had anything repaired there, but they are a shop I liked when I visited them.

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #4 on: 19 Oct 2015, 12:28 pm »
There is a sticky at the top of the Tube o Phile circle to post about folks who repair equipment.  Perhaps you could add your repair shop if they aren't already listed.