Hold onto your hats VMPS fans. . . . .

John Casler

Hold onto your hats VMPS fans. . . . .
« on: 29 Feb 2016, 12:55 am »
Hello VMPS owners and fans,

Some of you may know me from years of working with Brian as his number one dealer and cheerleader.

If you read some of my back postings, you will see that the Sonic Virtues of the VMPS line was EXACTLY what I wanted in a speaker.

Well we all took a stumble when Brian left us, as a designer and friend, and also because it left us WITHOUT a speaker or speaker line to look to.

As a dealer, I simply can't get behind just ANY speaker.  If it is not something I like well enough to own myself, I have issues selling it to anyone else.

You all know Brian passed years ago, and I still haven't jumped on anything but the ELAC line which is certainly a great "Bang for the Buck" line, but not remotely in the same league as Brian's VMPS sound.

UNTIL NOW!!!

Today, I was able today to audition and compare a new speaker line, that I am quite amazed by.  The model, was a Standmount earily similar to the 626R in appearance and size (it is heavier).  I was able to run through a series of very familiar Reference Cuts, that I have used for years, and am intimately familiar with, that display specific and certain SONIC qualities, that tell me how good a system, room, or speaker is.

I was able to compare these DIRECTLY to my Brian Cheney Signature Edition RM40s, and have to say I AM FLOORED.  I had goose bumps most of the time.

On every cut, and in every category, these speakers not only matched (which would have been enough for me to be happy) but EXCEEDED the REFERENCE Performance Levels of my speakers in my system, in my room.

Color me HAPPY. 

ALL my VMPS Speakers are now up for Sale.

Now this is a new company, and the owner is still deciding on who will be selling, and or if he will sell only DIRECT, but if he will let me, I will surely petition him to let me be able to help people hear what I heard this afternoon.

Just wanted to keep you "in the loop" and feel free to contact me for more specific details that the owner is not yet comfortable putting out there.

Or if you are in the So CA area and want any of my VMPS speakers shoot me a PM.  And do know this, that if you already have a VMPS Ribbon System, these can be added in to that system with a close to matching sonic that will be to your liking.

But more importantly, rest assured that now Brian's SOUND, is not only available, but it is like "PART DEUX" and "NEW and IMPROVED".  Leading Edge Attack and Dynamics are in a League of Their Own.  I am just shaking my head in awe.

Hope you guys hadn't given up, because these will BLOW YOU AWAY.
« Last Edit: 29 Feb 2016, 02:09 am by John Casler »

shauk786

Re: Hold onto your hats VMPS fans. . . . .
« Reply #1 on: 29 Feb 2016, 04:08 am »
John,

That's great news. I am looking forward to hear more about this new line of Speakers. It is now 13 years since I got the RM-40s and 626s. They have given me years of pleasure and still do. I guess time is getting close for a change.  :lol: :lol: especially if it matches the VMPS sound we are used to.

Can't wait to hear more.

Cheers..

fredgarvin

« Reply #2 on: 29 Feb 2016, 08:03 pm »
Eagerly awaiting.  :D

Doublej

« Reply #3 on: 1 Mar 2016, 01:13 am »
John,

With your marketing enthusiasm the manufacturer would be crazy not to have you involved in his product in some way.

Stimpy

« Reply #4 on: 1 Mar 2016, 07:07 pm »
John, you are as big a tease as Brian used to be!   :no_see: :no_hear: :no_speak:   I guess you learned from the best, so I shouldn't be surprised.   :duh: :lol:

If these new mystery speakers can excite you this much, they must be awesome.  So I definitely look forward to future details as to what they are.   :idea:

Thanks for fighting the good fight!    :flame: :flak:

Chuck_M

« Reply #5 on: 1 Mar 2016, 07:45 pm »
a
« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2017, 06:10 am by Chuck_M »

John Casler

« Reply #6 on: 1 Mar 2016, 11:23 pm »
John,

That's great news. I am looking forward to hear more about this new line of Speakers. It is now 13 years since I got the RM-40s and 626s. They have given me years of pleasure and still do. I guess time is getting close for a change.  :lol: :lol: especially if it matches the VMPS sound we are used to.

Can't wait to hear more.

Cheers..

As soon as I get my pair, I will let you know and you can take the long drive in to listen.

These are SPECIAL!!!

John Casler

« Reply #7 on: 1 Mar 2016, 11:25 pm »
Eagerly awaiting.  :D

Hi Fred,

If memory serves me correctly, didn't you have some 626R's?

If so, these are like that speaker on Sonic STEROIDS.

John Casler

« Reply #8 on: 1 Mar 2016, 11:28 pm »
John,

With your marketing enthusiasm the manufacturer would be crazy not to have you involved in his product in some way.

Hi Doublej,

Yes, my excitement is simply because I had not been able to find a speaker line that was as good as the VMPS sonically and on a Price/Performance basis.

Now I have.

I am suggesting the owner get a Circle here, because I expect these to be BIG.

John Casler

« Reply #9 on: 1 Mar 2016, 11:33 pm »
John, you are as big a tease as Brian used to be!   :no_see: :no_hear: :no_speak:   I guess you learned from the best, so I shouldn't be surprised.   :duh: :lol:

If these new mystery speakers can excite you this much, they must be awesome.  So I definitely look forward to future details as to what they are.   :idea:

Thanks for fighting the good fight!    :flame: :flak:

Don't mean to tease, but I am not at liberty to post too much information just yet, and I don't want to overstep the VMPS Circle rules.

But, I did want VMPS owners to know that, something is on the way, that might feed their listening likes.

Anyone can also email or PM me for more, but I am suggesting to the owner to open a CIRCLE, so we all can speak/post more information.

John Casler

« Reply #10 on: 1 Mar 2016, 11:38 pm »
A family "friend" absconded with my VMPS speakers many years ago.  Can you at least hint at a time frame for these new speakers?  I've been waiting a looong time...

I can't say, since I am not that involved on the production end.

I have been advising as to what I would like to see in a speaker, and what Brian has done.

I would guess after the Founders Circle is set up (which will be the introductory owners) that speakers would be shipping in 6 weeks, but that hasn't been set up yet.

Hold on, I will push them to get an idea of a realistic timetable. (which always expands)

buddyiramae

« Reply #11 on: 2 Mar 2016, 03:21 pm »
Thanks for the replies John! Awaiting future updates with bated breath  :)

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #12 on: 2 Mar 2016, 07:05 pm »
Pictures?  Specs?

Rocket Ronny

kckucera

• http://www.hcdsi.com
« Reply #13 on: 3 Mar 2016, 05:59 pm »
Hi John,
Add me to the list of interesed early adopters.  Have been keeping my Tower IIa/r pair alive as LRs and woofers along with a pair of 626s with an LRC plus a couple of oddballs for rears for a 7.2 setup.  Would be very interested in newer and better.

fredgarvin

« Reply #14 on: 3 Mar 2016, 08:26 pm »
Hi Fred,

If memory serves me correctly, didn't you have some 626R's?

If so, these are like that speaker on Sonic STEROIDS.

Yeah, I had the RM1 then moved to the 626R, which I still use in the main room.  :D

John Casler

« Reply #15 on: 24 Mar 2016, 05:39 am »
I think EVOKE (the speakers I raved about) will have a CIRCLE soon.

Here is the announcement regarding commencement of production.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=141827.msg1512837#msg1512837