The Audio Circles has a swell bunch of folks.......

Wayner

The Audio Circles has a swell bunch of folks.......
« on: 21 Jan 2011, 10:21 pm »
More then every once in a while, I run into folks from the AC that are some of the nicest people you could ever meet, via a computer (or not). They are giving and caring folks that seem like they would give you the shirt off their backs. In recent days there has been a couple of guys (also AVA customers, but that is not the point), that have done some pretty awesome things (you know who you are) and I'd like to say that if the world where filled with dudes like you, we wouldn't have any problems.

Some of you really inspire me. Glad to be your friend, even if it's just thru the AC.

Wayner

Big Red Machine

Re: The Audio Circles has a swell bunch of folks.......
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2011, 12:38 am »
That's nice Wayner (or whoever that alien lifeform is who has possessed your body!)

:wink:

bacobits1

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan 2011, 12:57 am »
There are some very nice people around here. :thumb:

D

dlparker

• Dave Parker - KC, MO
    • DontKnowNuthinBoutNoComputers
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jan 2011, 01:51 am »
More then every once in a while, I run into folks from the AC that are some of the nicest people you could ever meet, via a computer (or not). They are giving and caring folks that seem like they would give you the shirt off their backs. In recent days there has been a couple of guys (also AVA customers, but that is not the point), that have done some pretty awesome things (you know who you are) and I'd like to say that if the world where filled with dudes like you, we wouldn't have any problems.

Some of you really inspire me. Glad to be your friend, even if it's just thru the AC.

Wayner

HEY!  On MY home planet, we would be amazed that people with sometimes diametrically opposed opinions can discuss things rationally without strangling each other (so far both figuratively and literally).  For the most part, the folks who at any point even LOOK like they might be the exception to this eventually just go away...

AVnerdguy

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jan 2011, 07:54 pm »

Wayner
Yes, there are very nice people on this site. With all the negative crap going on it's always nice to hear some positives. The folks on this site are helpful and generous with their info and help.

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jan 2011, 06:52 pm »
i couldn't agree with you more, Wayner.  Especially you, Wayner.  You have been more than merely an "audio" friend to me, my brother, and you have been here for me in many other ways. 

While there are many malcontents on the forum that hide behind the anonymity of their keyboards, I find it easy enough to separate the men from the boys, and I just ignore the "keyboard warriors". 

There are too many wonderful, generous people to specifically name at the moment, but I consider Gordy, Anand, TJHUB, OgOgilby (who has blessed me with his time and thoughtfulness), K Shep, Nuance, Frank (my "audio father"), Jim (my other "audio father" and more), Dennis, Zybar, John Kenny, Wayne 1, Ted, DougSmith, Marty, Mary, Bill O'Connell, Ed Cramer, Mike G., and you, Wayner, and others, as my friends. 

I have had some tough personal experiences of late, and many of you have gone way beyond the call of duty and have treated me with the kindness and understanding that is often only reserved for true family.  I have rarely felt such kindness and caring, and i will always be grateful, and I hope that I can live up to the examples that you have shown me. 

Henry

Minn Mark

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jan 2011, 02:52 pm »
Wayner and All,

I too, have really appreciated the helpful commentary, humor, etc via the Audio Circle.

If anyone gets through Rochester, MN, be sure to PM me. I'd be glad to meet and show off my gear !

Mark

jriggy

« Reply #7 on: 24 Jan 2011, 03:39 pm »
Hi Wayner and all of AC,

In the last two years or so, since I found AC, I have made lots of audio friends from here and my system has completely changed.
 I think one reason that makes this place so pleasant is the "no dirty laundry" policy. Its a good thing to have in place.

Another thing that makes AC great is the exchange of information and experiences that goes on via private messages is wonderful and just as useful as public posts.

Thanks from me too AC!

Jason

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #8 on: 24 Jan 2011, 03:53 pm »
All of AC;

I am a member of AudioCircle and Audio Asylum.  I've received great help from AA, but more often than not it's like watching WWE wrestling. I go there on occasion to see who's fighting.    I like the way that we have weeded out most of the crankier people here, not by being punitive, but by keeping the conversations at a higher level (Steeler fans excluded, of course).   :lol:

I like the way that total strangers will do a favor for you, and ask only that you pass it on to someone else.  And I like the way that we rally around those who are having a rough time.

JohnR, I know that collectively we can be a pain in the ass to you at times, but I really appreciate your patience.

Nathan, thanks for being the grammar police,  ScottF and the other GASers for being so helpful, and BISL for adding that certain BS flavor that livens up the dinner conversation.

Long live AC!
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2011, 05:10 pm by thunderbrick »

nathanm

« Reply #9 on: 24 Jan 2011, 04:29 pm »
Whenever I read threads like these I hear Elton John's "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" in my head.  Anyone else get that?

There must be something to what Wayner is saying, since I have lost my bank account has lost nearly all my interest in Hi-Fi I still come here daily.  Although the lucrative salary, international recognition and constant pursuit by supermodels which goes along with the Facilitator job at the Eye-Fidelity Circle is a big part of that; I still think I keep coming back cause ya'll are so darn nice.  Or perhaps it's just a mindless routine of link clicking, repeating itself year after year with no end in sight? No, no it's gotta be the nice guys part. :D

pansixt

« Reply #10 on: 6 Feb 2011, 04:51 am »
And don't forget. As I said in another post about AC.
It adds another input to my system.
The intellectual Input.
As a newbie to forums, this is an amazing plus.
Thanks all.

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #11 on: 6 Feb 2011, 05:11 am »
Whenever I read threads like these I hear Elton John's "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" in my head.  Anyone else get that?

There must be something to what Wayner is saying, since I have lost my bank account has lost nearly all my interest in Hi-Fi I still come here daily.  Although the lucrative salary, international recognition and constant pursuit by supermodels which goes along with the Facilitator job at the Eye-Fidelity Circle is a big part of that; I still think I keep coming back cause ya'll are so darn nice.  Or perhaps it's just a mindless routine of link clicking, repeating itself year after year with no end in sight? No, no it's gotta be the nice guys part. :D

It's worth coming here for me just to see your avatar,dude. There's something about it that just puts a smile on my face... :wink:

D.

bunky

« Reply #12 on: 6 Feb 2011, 02:00 pm »
three years ago i lost everything in a house fire and friends from the Audiocircles ,Club Polk and Audionervosa sent me music,Stereo gear and on top of all that they put several thousand dollars in my paypal account to help me get back on my feet. you wont find better friends anywhere else.sometimes folks here argue but i think its because we have such a passion for our hobby .i can never thank my fellow Audio enthusiasts enough for the hand up that they gave me when i needed it most.thanks again!.....WCW III