Has anybody received anything from Promitheus audio in the last 7 months?

gerald porzio

He seems like a contractor who runs around bidding on jobs. The crew shows up on day 1 so be can collect the binder. Then they disappear for days, wks., & mos. on end til the contractor has run out of binders. Another black eye for audio.

vman71

I received a transformer buffer in Dec. 09 and the toggle switch to engage the transformer buffer "into" and "out of" the circuit isn't working.  The transformer buffer is always in the circuit.

A few things with my purchase and product:
1. I thought that it took longer than expected to receive the TB post full payment;
2. I fail to believe that something as simple as the TB was tested properly and passed as it is currently wired; and
3. Given the time that it took to recieve the TB post full payment, it doesn't even cross my mind to think about sending it back to get the switch properly wired in.

Now, fortunately I bought the TB because I always wanted the TB to be active in the circuit, so not a 100% failure.  However, things/products this simple should work 100% of the time.

I haven't contacted Promitheus about this issue because of the reasons stated above.

Say

I wonder how Nick is managing his business issues. He hasn't been active on this forum since 24 Dec 2009, 01:10 AM.

analogears

:D TVC Standard # Ordered/paid 13-JAN-2010 # no production message # PAID 13-JAN-2010 # Received 15/2/2010.
Goods well packaged and unpacked in good condition and as per order (xmas/ny special, so no P&P charges, hence increadably cheap).
This one was for my friend. Seen from fast delivery and no special production messages, I take it this was stocked item.
We burned her in and all went well and now totally satisfied (see elsewhere for impressions).

TVC Reference Special - Ordered 14-JAN-2010 - Production message (1) 14-FEB-2010 Oversized unit, awaiting special parts  - awaiting payment - awaiting transport -awaiting arrival
My own unit, a special TVC Reference with added in/out-puts, will await the long queue because it will be oversized and made to special order. I had no problem with the waiting time as I understood from many already that this is a unique one-man-shop with some assistence but highly regarded hand-built quality products. So I put my order in and will have to sit it out.
Waiting is never satisfying until you finally receive the product and it starts working in a flawless manner. My friend and I soon forgot the waiting time (I know it was only 4 weeks  and felt ourselves lucky) soonest we were treated with purity well above expectations.
So, hopefully I am at some stage also a similar lucky owner of a Promitheus special TVC, but, I do hope I don't need to wait +2 years like we once did for a handbuilt Morgan. And even if I have to, it better delivers again way-above my expectations to forget the long wait soon. Experiences to date with this latest standard TVC however keeps me in check and hopeful for the taste of the real mcCoy.
(Every 3 month I will post a short note here, till I have received it).

Martay50

Hello,
I've been a member for awhile but haven't posted for a long time. Just felt I needed to comment. I ordered and paid for a Ref4 TVC a few days ago. Of course I checked the Audiogon forums and found nothing but praise for anything Promitheus. So I happily Paypaled my money to Nick after probably 9 to 10 emails always promptly returned. Then, of course, I get on this forum and read the high volume of negative comments (which  warranted given some of the extreme circumstances.  :duh: Didn't do enough research. Well now I am very concerned but what I would like to say is that if you use Paypal you have a resolution center to take care and resolve problems. They have always been very helpful and I've actually collected 2 refunds from deadbeat sellers. You have to be timely, though. I really can't comment on Nick, yet, so I am going to stay positive. I'm absolutely sure I will love the sound of his  ref4 TVC in my system. But, waiting months, and hearing excuses, just won't be acceptable. I'll keep you all posted...

OvS

Hi,

I have good contact with nick and had mine promitheus dac in a verry short time to the netherlands shipped.
Verry nice dac !!

Best regards

PSB Guy

I ordered a DAC from Nicholas on March 9, 2010. After reading some of the horror stories here, on April 1 I emailed Nicholas inquiring how long his orders usually took to ship. He replied the same day that he had sent out my DAC on March 30, and that I should receive it either April 5 or 6, depending on the Easter holiday. The unit arrived today, packed beautifully, in perfect condition. What a beautiful piece of gear, any pictures that I've seen do not do it justice. I haven't had a chance to do any critical listening yet, but if the reviews I've read are true, I'm in for a treat. One more happy customer, I guess.

Martay50

Thought I'd let you all know that I received my ref 4 TVC today. It's been 2 weeks since the order which is a very reasonable amount of time considering the fact that Nicholas had to add the 6 db gain to my unit plus I live a few thousand miles away. The only problem is the unit came with a bad selector switch and I have not been able to listen to it :(. I do have to say that Nicholas has been very good responding to emails and I hope that we can resolve this problem. I'll keep you all posted...
marty