prompt email response from Promitheus Audio

PromitheusAudio

• Promitheusaudio
prompt email response from Promitheus Audio
« on: 4 May 2009, 03:37 pm »
In response to the growing concern and criticism on the forum,

We have hired a personal assistant to reply emails so that i can focus on the technical areas. Email reply will be more prompt from now on.

If email are not replied in a day or two, please re-send your email.

Ronw

Re: prompt email response from Promitheus Audio
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2009, 12:42 pm »
In response to the growing concern and criticism on the forum,

We have hired a personal assistant to reply emails so that i can focus on the technical areas. Email reply will be more prompt from now on.

If email are not replied in a day or two, please re-send your email.
:violin: :violin:

I have sent two pm's to Nicholas inquiring as to whether my dac has been shipped. I was told on 6/1/09 that it was packed and waiting to be picked up by dhl. my inquries over a 10 day period have not been answered.

ronw

PromitheusAudio

• Promitheusaudio
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2009, 09:30 pm »
RonW
JUst drop you a reply

thanks
nicholas

guest48077

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2009, 03:45 pm »
Great news,

When I ordered a had NO issues with service, everything was great. Reading this forum can be a turn off for future buyers. I think you new hire will be worth the money.

Good Luck!

analogmart

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jun 2009, 11:04 am »
May be your personal assistant does not work, I sent 3 e-mails with no reply.

BTW, Nick
I would like to check my order status (active buffer with C Core output trans.).
It is almost three months since I've transfer money.
Cheers,
Mart

PromitheusAudio

• Promitheusaudio
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jun 2009, 02:34 pm »
Mart
Did not get any email from yourself. just check

Your unit is currently in burn in. so would be leaving us soon
so far so good on the sound test.
thanks
nicholas

analogmart

« Reply #6 on: 1 Jul 2009, 10:48 am »
Thank you for update news  :D

tyk

« Reply #7 on: 4 Jul 2009, 06:51 am »
Burn-in or just another excuse to buy more time?  :nono:

lydiot

« Reply #8 on: 16 Jul 2009, 12:31 pm »
It's been more than two weeks since Nicholas emailed me that he would start burning in my Signature TVC the next day. I've emailed him a couple of times for an update, but still no reply. I now see that I'm not alone in finding Nicholas unresponsive except when ordering a product. But still, this is a lousy way to do business.

tedman

Please check email Nicholas - C Core transformers
« Reply #9 on: 4 Aug 2009, 02:52 pm »
Please check email Nicholas
« Last Edit: 5 Aug 2009, 04:35 am by tedman »

Oscillate

« Reply #10 on: 9 Oct 2009, 03:23 pm »
Nicholas, please check your E-mail ...thanks

tubes2009

« Reply #11 on: 26 Oct 2009, 10:28 pm »
It appears that folks have had problems communicating with Nicholas in Malaysia. Now I am.

In September Nick put the Promitheus Audio Ref C-core preamp on sale for $1450 with free shipping.  Before ordering I sent him an email inquiring about availability.  He said it was in stock and would ship the following Tuesday.

I placed the order but it did not ship.  After waiting several days, I email him and ask for a DHL tracking order.  No response.  I then email him that I will have to contact Visa.  Nick responds with email assuring it would ship the next week.  Fine.  It shipped on time and was received Oct 9. The two units were carefully packed and no shipping damage.

However the wood Input Selector knobs have manufacturing defects and were loose, shaky and trapezoidal - the front edges are not parallel with the back edges.  Obvious visible defects.  The Input Selector knobs do not match the Volume Control knobs which are perfectly milled. Reminds me of 8th grade woodshop.

Two more emails to Nick. He responded Oct 16 saying he would send replacement knobs, as I requested.  No point in packing up and shipping the monoblocks all the way back to Malaysia at $110 each way just to replace two knobs in a minute.

Two days ago one Input Selector came loose and now spins on the shaft.  This knob doesn?t work. Period. No way to change inputs.  Still waiting on Nick.

What is sad about this is that there is no way of knowing if the quality control issues are one-off or extend to the transformers, parts or soldering.

The good news is that the monoblocks, when properly broken in with a system test CD, are simply wonderful and truly Class A preamps. After trying conventional break in (letting the system play for hundreds of hours), I then used the Stereophile Test CD #2 on continuous play 24/7 for 100 hours to break in the monoblocks and entire system.  Before the test CD,  the Ref C-cores sounded soft, smooth and very good Class B.  After the system test CD, they are wide open, high resolution, musical, dynamic, great imaging and Class A.

tubes2009

« Reply #12 on: 27 Oct 2009, 05:33 pm »
After emails back and forth, Nicholas said today that he will send out two new replacement knobs for the Input Selectors. He said he had been waiting for his supplier. Good news. Just wish there was better communication with Kuala Lumpur so you don't have to mention "Visa" or "Pay Pal" to get a reply. All is well that ends well. The Ref C-core is a very fine Class A preamp.

milpai

• My Dedicated Audio Room
« Reply #13 on: 28 Oct 2009, 01:42 pm »
After emails back and forth, Nicholas said today that he will send out two new replacement knobs for the Input Selectors. He said he had been waiting for his supplier. Good news. Just wish there was better communication with Kuala Lumpur so you don't have to mention "Visa" or "Pay Pal" to get a reply. All is well that ends well. The Ref C-core is a very fine Class A preamp.
Totally agree with you on the Ref C-Core being an excellent product.
I feel Nicholas should employ more tech people in his firm to take care of the pending orders of manufacturing the TVCs. He should try to make his firm more professional, without loosing the "human" touch. My guess is he is probably trying to get 100% involved in production so that the end products are nothing but the best he has to offer. He needs to realize that the unanswered emails and the threads are hurting his firms reputation. People have the tendency to remember 1 negative comment rather than the 100 positive ones.

Copperhead

« Reply #14 on: 8 Nov 2009, 11:43 pm »
If you think getting Nick to respond to you when you're purchasing something is difficult, try it when you have a problem with a product you have received.
As lydiot said a little earlier, "this is a lousy way to do business". He just refuses to answer emails.
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2009, 10:53 pm by Copperhead »

guest48077

« Reply #15 on: 9 Nov 2009, 12:58 am »
My experience with Nick was great. I read the forum and was a little hesitant to order. I figured I would just wait it out. My order came fairly fast compared to others (it came in 2 months). After reading the frustrations of others on this forum I think Nick should really focus on customer service.............FAST!!!! if I was researching this product now I dont kow if I would take the chance of ordering again  :?

ottodiesel

« Reply #16 on: 24 Dec 2009, 04:59 pm »
Have har only bad experiences from the man:

4. april 2009 13.42
"I have ordered, and paid for a TVC with  remote control and a silver XLR cable from Promitheus.
Last payment was made in the middle of march 2008, first payment in autumn 2007.
Total payment of 865$.
NO signs of any products and no reply from Promitheus/Nicholas when trying to get a clarification via mail.
Last reply from you/your company was around christmas, no news after this.
If you continue to ignore my requests, I will step up my actions towards paypal and other relevant fora.
I would be happy to get this case over with, by you shipping the products I have paid for or that you make a full refund of the sum I have paid to you."

14. april 2009 16.34
"Hi Lars
We will be shipping out your unit on 22 apr 09.
Regards Nicholas"

25. september 2009 16.24
"Nicholas
Any news about the shipment that was suppose to be sent on 22 april 2009?
Lars"

Since then, no reply...  :scratch:
I would recommend all potential customers to be aware.
If you read this, Nicholaus, maybe now would be the time to do something about the situation?
Lars (from Norway)

anthony a.

« Reply #17 on: 3 Jan 2010, 10:29 pm »
wow, april ordered and still no product?  sorry, but that is just not right.  i would call visa or paypal and get something done.  no need to even tell him anymore.  what he's doing is just plain rude and unethical.  no other company makes you wait 8 months for something.  businesses like this don't last very long anyway, so i guess he has whats coming to him.