Re: GedLee Abbey's Feedback Wanted!
« Reply #1060 on: 26 Jul 2011, 01:58 pm »
But I am building a full theater.

Anand.

7.3 right?

JohnR

« Reply #1061 on: 26 Jul 2011, 02:29 pm »
Yes I have a pair of Abbeys (they took 8 months to arrive).

But I am building a full theater.

Anand.

OK, sorry, I did think getting one Abbey was a little odd. (hah hah)

gedlee

• GedLee LLC
« Reply #1062 on: 26 Jul 2011, 02:33 pm »
As for Dr. Geddes' business model, he is quite clear that presently it's like any craftsman building products to order, one or two at a time and the waiting list is long.  I fail to see the difficulty in accepting this.  He fully recognizes that this is not the best way to run a speaker company and lists the reasons why he's unwilling and/or unable to change things at the present time.  Am I missing something here?

Not that I can see, and thanks for that. It's good to see that my points can be understood.  I'm not trying to be "commercial" here, but people are saying and hypothesize a lot of things and I thought it best to tell the story "from the horses mouth" - not the other way arround :)

JohnR

« Reply #1063 on: 26 Jul 2011, 02:35 pm »
Not that I can see, and thanks for that. It's good to see that my points can be understood.  I'm not trying to be "commercial" here, but people are saying and hypothesize a lot of things and I thought it best to tell the story "from the horses mouth" - not the other way arround :)

Yes but, we've heard it all before. Nothing changes except the price and the specifics of whatever insurmountable problem it is that you are having this month.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #1064 on: 26 Jul 2011, 02:45 pm »
7.3 right?

Yah, but the third sub (Ultra Low Frequency) is from a different manufacturer  :wink:

Anand.

JohnR

« Reply #1065 on: 28 Jul 2011, 03:20 pm »
I've moved this thread to Audio Industry Discussion. Since this is not a sponsored thread, discussion of and pointers to other speakers with similar design principles is also encouraged.

Thanks.

bernardo

« Reply #1066 on: 17 Aug 2011, 12:31 am »
At his invitation I went to Charlotte last weekend to take a listen to Jason’s Gedlee Abbey’s and multi-sub set-up. He asked me to post my impressions so that others can benefit from an objective listener point of view versus the system owner’s.  Jason played several tracks for me ranging from classical to blues to rock – even though the music was new to me I knew that his system was giving me one of the best presentations I have ever heard. 

As we moved on to music that I brought with me my impression did not change - I was listening to a very very satisfying system. I am certainly not an audio reviewer but what I took away from my audition of the Abbey’s and multi-subs was: (1) excellent bass integration and quality of bass – dynamic, deep, and full - most systems I have heard always exhibit some boxiness and/or muddiness thru the bass region – not the case here at all; (2) effortless dynamics and SPL’s – there is no hint of strain at all no matter how loud you push the system; (3) a wide enveloping sound stage – on live recordings I never felt like I wasn’t in the concert hall; (4) very clear and lifelike vocals without hardness; (5) a level of detail on some recordings I have not heard in any other system – not etched or overbearing detail but natural additional information which adds significantly to enjoying the music; (6) and finally to me one of the most important aspects of a speaker system the ability to draw you into the music and make you tap your foot. I never got any listener fatigue in any kind of music we listened to, just a desire to keep listening to more music.

Probably the best part of my visit was being introduced to great new music – thanks Jason. His system is one that I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone regardless of your musical taste.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #1067 on: 17 Aug 2011, 01:44 am »
It was great to meet you Ben.  Glad you liked the music!   :thumb:

Bjorn

« Reply #1068 on: 17 Aug 2011, 07:35 am »
I want those Abbey's now Earl!   :D