Poll

Are you planning on buying a Logitech Touch?

Yes!   It looks like the best thing since sliced bread!
21 (63.6%)
No... I don't like to slice my music up into 1s & 0s
1 (3%)
I already have a Transporter... no interest in the Touch
2 (6.1%)
I have a first Gen Squeezebox and won't upgrade.
7 (21.2%)
No... I won't buy one and why is none of your business.
2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Are you planning on buying a Logitech Touch?

cstory

• Seaching for clues
Re: Are you planning on buying a Logitech Touch?
« Reply #20 on: 13 Apr 2010, 01:08 pm »
I have 2 SB2's already connected to "secondary" systems and have been waiting for a cheaper alternative to the transporter to send 24/96 files to my main system.

We are going on vacation this week, otherwise my order would already be in.  :D

Chuck

kgturner

« Reply #21 on: 13 Apr 2010, 02:51 pm »
i'm on the fence when it comes to the touch. i had my mind set on a transporter, but now i'm waffling between that and a touch connected to an external dac. the new wyred4sound dac-1 looks great on paper, so i'm waiting for some reviews before i commit to anything.

kevin t

kgturner

« Reply #22 on: 14 Apr 2010, 05:54 pm »
well, i'm off the fence. i ordered the touch yesterday using the slickdeals coupon codes. just sold my sb3 here to another member. so my total outlay for the new touch is $74.99.  :D

kevin t

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #23 on: 14 Apr 2010, 05:58 pm »
I'd love to get a touch and replace my Duet Receiver, saving my sheckles. :thumb:

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #24 on: 14 Apr 2010, 11:53 pm »
Mine arrives tomorrow but I'm not going to have time to monkey with it until at least next week..... arg!   

Bigfish

« Reply #25 on: 15 Apr 2010, 12:49 am »
Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow also! 

Thanks again to the gent that published the discount coupons!

Ken

kgturner

« Reply #26 on: 15 Apr 2010, 01:44 am »
me three!

kgturner

« Reply #27 on: 16 Apr 2010, 01:47 am »
got mine today and set it up. pretty easy. within the span of two days, i've gone from "on the fence" to a new owner. :lol:

kevin t

Phil A

« Reply #28 on: 16 Apr 2010, 02:02 am »
If it really shows up at Best Buy on the 18th, I might grab one.  I have a 10% off coupon until the 19th.  My arm is easily twisted.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #29 on: 16 Apr 2010, 02:18 am »
got mine today and set it up. pretty easy. within the span of two days, i've gone from "on the fence" to a new owner. :lol:

kevin t

You beat me to the punch.   Mine was out for delivery today but I had to run to the Post Office and missed the delivery.    :cry:

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #30 on: 19 Apr 2010, 06:20 pm »
Mine arrived on Friday and I spent Saturday monkeying around with it.   It is very nice.... like most people I'm impressed with the user interface and my initial impression of the sound quality is that it is far above the $300 price point.    I'm running it straight into a DSP and then out into the Hypex amps so I've not tried the analog out yet except for a short trial to insure they were working.

I've also designed my first modification.   The Squeeze-Block!   :-)    I have it sitting on top of my speaker and the idea viewing angle of the unit is from above.   When you view it from below it becomes progressively more difficult to see the screen from a distance so I quickly CADed up a block of aluminum to angle the screen downward improving my view from the listening chair.   I have a block of wood under the rear to angle it up now but I'm going to machine a chunk of aluminum that is a little better looking.   I have some 3M sticky feet that I'll hide under it and hopefully that will improve my viewing angle. 

http://www.diycable.com/main/pdf/Squeeze_Block.pdf