Anybody out there?

markC

Anybody out there?
« on: 29 Jan 2009, 03:07 am »
So, it's been strangely quiet.
What's everyone doing? Hibernating? Too much snow for ya?

bluemike

Re: Anybody out there?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2009, 04:48 am »
Hey Marc
I'm hanging out I guess .. let me know if you want to come by and hear the rig

Pat

mcgsxr

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2009, 11:50 am »
I have been building a new PC, one strictly for use with my audio system.  I have installed it into a 60's Telefunken stereo console.

That and work, and kids have kept me hopping.

I will ping you when I can get out there MarkC.

markC

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2009, 03:27 am »
Hi Pat,
Always interested in checking out another rig. Let me know. Those speaks ought to be settled in by now.

Hey Mark,
Sounds like a cool project. Not something your going to see too often.

lo_tse

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2009, 03:36 am »
I am glad that the "regulars" are still lurking around.  Yeah, the circle has been dead quiet for a long time, may be we should organise a meet in the near future.  I ordered one of those transformer based "passive preamp" - the Promitheus TVC to be exact.  I should receive it in a few weeks time.  I can bring it around for you guys to check it out during the next meet. Lets keep our circle alive!

Lo_tse

markC

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2009, 03:51 am »
O.K Now were starting to cook! I think a meet is in order. I've done more mods to my dac, which I'll offer up for audition. If we get a few more hits, I'll set plans in motion.

iGrant

« Reply #6 on: 30 Jan 2009, 10:53 pm »
Trying to get a CAM Meet and Greet Toronto together, if you've been to CAM you will know how much fun I have there :)

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10981

Of course all invited here and I believe one or two of you did show up at one of my past visits to my hometown TO.

Cheers,
Ian

markC

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jan 2009, 11:44 pm »
Now there's a concept...Going back to the format of the original meets where members from both CAM and AC got together. :thumb:

iGrant

« Reply #8 on: 31 Jan 2009, 12:02 am »
Now there's a concept...Going back to the format of the original meets where members from both CAM and AC got together. :thumb:

So you understand well the boxing ring jokes :) I missed all that. Just getting a feel if it's worth pursuing, if enough interest then would try and go for a gear/music swap type thing and maybe a few Canadian dealers, manufacturers etc. Low key, very low cost.

Cheers,
Ian

markC

« Reply #9 on: 31 Jan 2009, 03:27 am »
One of us missunderstands. I thought that the original meets went quite well.

bluemike

« Reply #10 on: 31 Jan 2009, 04:54 am »
What you've suggested sounds good to me  :D
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2009, 04:35 pm by bluemike »

wafermadness

« Reply #11 on: 11 Feb 2009, 06:19 am »
Some of us are still skulking about.
When I "finally" take delivery of my McAlister DAC, I will bring it by your place Mark for a listening session.

I am hoping it is sooner than later.

There "WILL" be a gig eventually, just not in the very near future, hang tight guys. aa

Igor

iGrant

« Reply #12 on: 11 Feb 2009, 12:47 pm »
One of us missunderstands. I thought that the original meets went quite well.

Yes, a misunderstanding, my sense of humour does that often :) I was talking about the ongoing battles at CAM, no reference intended between TAAS and CAM.

Has anyone from here added themselves to the CAM list of 'interested' ? Seems stalled at 25.

Cheers,
Ian

markC

« Reply #13 on: 11 Feb 2009, 11:00 pm »
I told you Igor, he sold yours and you'll have to start the waiting process all over again. :lol:

Spirit

• Facilitator
« Reply #14 on: 12 Feb 2009, 04:27 am »
Look who's posting - me!!  Yes, I am still alive and well, and so surpised to see how many of you are still lurking on the Audiocircle.  Maybe there is really some hope to re-starting this thing.  I really miss seeing you guys and talking/listening to and about audio.  Any interest in having a get together?
I think that the efforts of Mark and Tony should not be wasted! 
Remember - I started this thing and we actually had 45 Audiophools at out first meeting.
So what do you think - can we try again?

markC

« Reply #15 on: 12 Feb 2009, 04:40 am »
So, it took a disrespectfull comment by another A/C member to get your ass moving???Let's go before summer gets here!

Gtasound

« Reply #16 on: 13 Feb 2009, 01:28 am »
Nice to see some movement again, would like to see a meet again in the near future.
 :D

lo_tse

« Reply #17 on: 27 Apr 2009, 12:25 am »
Hey guys,

What's happening?  Summer is almost here.  I am really surprise to see the guy who started this circle "resurface" again, this must be a sign!!  This circle is going to live!!  Let's organise a meet sometime soon. 

Lo-Tse

markC

« Reply #18 on: 27 Apr 2009, 02:31 am »
If only the guy who started this circle would "stay surfaced". We've had a lot of enjoyment at previous meets, so somebody step up and say that they will hold a small meet. I bet it will happen.....