Vampire wire

TimS

Vampire wire
« on: 13 Nov 2007, 08:04 pm »
Hi Dave

In your web site you discuss the benefits of using vampire wire.  I bought some 14 g wire from SonicCraft recently and wanted to check that I understood correctly. 
Do you recommend replacing the wires between the crossover to both the tweeter and the Seas driver or just to the driver?

thanks

Tim

PS Why has Ellis Audio been put into the Manufacturers Mall child board?

I say put it back to the main board where it belongs!!  :rules: :argue:

fajimr

Re: Vampire wire
« Reply #1 on: 15 Nov 2007, 02:48 pm »

I say put it back to the main board where it belongs!!  :rules: :argue:

i agree.. I hadn't noticed this before but a quick look at the main board and list of sponsors (on the home page) suggests that sponsors get main billing and non-sponsors get the mall.   :icon_frown:

jim

p.s.  I haven't checked in a while but I thought dave suggested using the vampire as speaker wire (to connect the amp to speakers).. he might have done some tweaking since then though.

David Ellis

• http://www.ellisaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2007, 02:03 am »
Do you recommend replacing the wires between the crossover to both the tweeter and the Seas driver or just to the driver?

I use 14 ga Vampire CCC between the woofer and crossover.

I use 18 ga Vampire CCC between the tweeter and the crossover.

Because I annually contribute $100 to this site instead of $300.

Dave

chrismercurio

« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2007, 01:28 am »
That sucks Dave. Sorry,

C

David Ellis

« Reply #4 on: 20 Nov 2007, 01:47 am »
It's fine by me.  This site is very reliable and loads very fast too.  I am sure that John R (like most of us) are involved in their various endeavors in a charitable fashion. 

And... I vividly recognize your name"chrismercurio" , but can't remember precisely where I have seen your posts.  Are you one of the old Madisound faithful??  My memory is a bit foggy, but I believe you have been involved in DIY for a fairly long time.  Help?

Dave

Al Garay

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jan 2008, 09:31 pm »
FYI

VampireWire is an excellent choice with Ellis 1801. I used it throughout for internal wire and external components (check the classifieds section for my adds for VampireWire speaker cables, interconnect, digital ... I had spare cables. I found the speaker cables to be an improvement over Alphacore Goertz especially for solid bass.

David Ellis

« Reply #6 on: 22 Jan 2008, 10:00 pm »
Thanks for your input Al .