Secretes of Home Theater and Hi Fidelity review.

Danny Richie

« on: 16 May 2003, 09:34 pm »
They reviewed our A/V-1 kit.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_10_2/gr-research-av1-speakers-5-2003.html

I like these guys. The reviews are not just a bunch of positive fluff aimed at puffing up their advertisers.

Arvind Kohli's review is more cut and dry and his comparisons that he used with other speakers gives a good reference point.

I know he went out on a limb to review a product that is sold in kit form as it really cuts in hard on other similar speakers that are sold in the retail market. He warned me that this review was not going to set well with some.

I also enjoyed seeing the close comparisons made to the $2,400. a pair Dynaudio 1.3 mkII and it didn't hurt my feelings at all that the larger 6.5" woofer had a little lower bass extension than our little 5.25" woofer.

I hope you guys enjoy the review.

He liked our A/V-1 (cheapest kit we offer) so much it kind of makes me wonder what he might think of a pair of Diluceo's?

Hmmm...

He said he looks forward to reviewing more of our products in the
future.

Brad

« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2003, 10:30 pm »
Danny,

Thanks for posting this.  I found it interesting that the other speaker he compared the AV1's with is the Triangle Titus202, which is on my short list, along with the AV1's and the JM Reynaud Twin Mk3's.

george king

« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2003, 09:15 pm »
Danny,

That was a good solid review.  Spot on.  The A/V-1s are great speakers that do everything well, and nothing badly.  Just what I like.  Keep up the good work.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2003, 06:06 pm »
He said he looks forward to reviewing more of our products in the
future.

There you go!  Sooner rather than later, I hope.  Congrats.

Brian Bunge

« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2003, 02:26 am »
Hell, I'm just glad that he liked the cabinets! :)