New Diluceo pics

Danny Richie

New Diluceo pics
« on: 8 Apr 2003, 02:20 am »
Guys, I am really excited about this one.

Sometimes it gets good and sometimes it gets really good. This speaker is really, really good.

outlawrocketman

How sweet is it?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Apr 2003, 02:58 am »
Hi All,

Danny, these look beautiful. I'm looking forward to giving them a spin!  

All New England folks - these should arrive at my place later in the week.  Looks like I could host an audition on the weekend of Apr 19th/20th.  If you are interested in joining me, would love to have others give them a try and give your opinions. Get in touch if you are interested.  I have the Onix Ref1s to A/B compare them with. Will be driving them with an Antique Sound Lab AQ-1002 tube amp, and probably the Audio Experience (YS-Audio) tube pre-amp as well as NAD solid state preamp. Pioneer Elite DV47-AI CD/DVD-audio/SACD player.

Hoping the speakers sound as good as they look....

brad b

Diluceo look
« Reply #2 on: 8 Apr 2003, 10:37 am »
Danny:  those snaps look great, and I too, am looking forward to listening to my pair at the end of the week.  I have made so many changes that I will not be able to make a fair comparison to my previous speakers, the Dynaudio SE 1.3's, but will let you know how I like these, driven by Van Alstine 350 EX and my SL-7 Preamp.  Should be fun!
Brad

Val

New Diluceo pics
« Reply #3 on: 8 Apr 2003, 12:27 pm »
Danny, when will you have specs and other details on the website? It would be interesting to compare its impedance and off-axis frequency response graphs to those of the Criterion.

jcoat007

New Diluceo pics
« Reply #4 on: 8 Apr 2003, 01:53 pm »
Oh man are those nice!!!!

I want to get on the audition circuit.

jackman

New Diluceo pics
« Reply #5 on: 8 Apr 2003, 02:01 pm »
Danny,
You make it difficult for me NOT to own a pair of your speakers.  Hopefully, Audiojerry will get a chance to hear these.  He was in love with the Criterions and these appear to be even better.  Hopefully, I'll have a chance to hear them one of these days.

J

theranman

New Diluceo pics
« Reply #6 on: 8 Apr 2003, 03:18 pm »
Meeeee too!

Randy

Brian Bunge

New Diluceo pics
« Reply #7 on: 8 Apr 2003, 05:55 pm »
IIRC, Danny wasn't planning on sending these around for demos based on weight and shipping charges.  But that may have changed.

drmike

New Diluceo pics
« Reply #8 on: 11 Apr 2003, 03:00 pm »
hey danny,
when will the diluces be offered for sale?  thanks

Danny Richie

Availability
« Reply #9 on: 11 Apr 2003, 03:28 pm »
Hey drmike,

They are available right now. I have already sold five pairs.

I know it is not up on the web site yet. I will try my best to get all the info up on the web site so it can be ordered on line as soon as possible.

I have not planned on sending these around on the demo trail yet just because they are so heavy and the expense of shipping them around would start to get excessive, but who knows.

Jackman,

These are the bomb man. You would love them.

Val,

The off axis response vertically and horizontally look good. Measurements will be posted soon.

Brad B,

Well folks Brad B. is now in listening mode. Maybe he will post some of his impressions soon.

outlawrocketman,

Yours shipped on the 8th of this month and you should see them by next Monday or Tuesday.

brad b

Diluceo Listening
« Reply #10 on: 11 Apr 2003, 04:29 pm »
Cheez Louis Danny, you gonna give me a day or two to break these puppies in?  My Dynaudio S.E. 1.3's only took a couple of months!!!  Having said that, the short version is that they already provide greater resolution than I had previously.  The ribbon tweeter is just what the doctor ordered for me with my AVA 350 EX amp, and SL-7 Preamp.  The electronics are VERY detailed, and the ribbon is VERY smooth, providing exactly the combo I have been looking for.  So far the Eton 5" MidWoofs are providing very tight, detailed bass, below 55 hz.  (I started with my REL crossed under at 47 hz, dropped to 43 hz, and am going to try 40 hz. tonight.  The joy for me is not that I will crank them up to 105db, but rather that I am enjoying music played softer (75db) with more detail than I had previously.  I seriously cannot crank my preamp past 10 oclock without leaving the room.  The 4 ohm load poses no problem for the AVA gear and I have plenty of juice at 160 watts per side.  I won't get into sibilance, spatial presence, or other stuff beyond my vocabulary, but image, depth, width, dynamics are all there in spades!!!   Happy, Happy, Happy.  Will let you know more when I actually have them broken in.
Brad

gear:
Amp-AVA 350EX
Preamp-AVA SL-7
Speakers-GR Diluceo
Transport-Sony DVP 7700
DAC-CI with Power supply
Interconnects-Bolder Nitro
Speaker Wire-Bolder Nitro
Sub- REL Stratos III
Bass Traps- ASC
Misc- JM Theater Shield on speaker wall

audiojerry

New Diluceo pics
« Reply #11 on: 11 Apr 2003, 09:08 pm »
very exciting stuff,

Danny, if you decide to send out demo's for auditioning, it might be more economical to send to a few spots where a bunch of guys could get get together and share in the cost of shipping to a single site. I know Jackman is able to gather several listeners at his place, and I'm not that far from him where I could go there to listen, and/or pick them up from him, audition them, and then hand deliver them to someone in my neighborhood. I know there are a few guys in my neck of the woods who might be willing to participate.

Done in such a way, you could maybe get up to 10 or more guys to try them with one shipment.

Danny Richie

Auditioning
« Reply #12 on: 11 Apr 2003, 09:28 pm »
As soon as I can get a set finished up for demo I will try to get a pair to you guys in that area.

Thanks Jerry.

drmike

diluceos
« Reply #13 on: 16 Apr 2003, 01:57 am »
hey danny,
can thede be bi-amped?

Val

New Diluceo pics
« Reply #14 on: 16 Apr 2003, 02:22 am »
I understand that both Diluceos and Criterions come with monowire binding posts, no biamping/biwiring possible.

Brian Bunge

New Diluceo pics
« Reply #15 on: 16 Apr 2003, 02:34 am »
Val,

That is correct.  The Criterions and Diluceos only come with a single pair of binding posts.

Danny Richie

binding post
« Reply #16 on: 16 Apr 2003, 03:24 am »
The Criterion uses a series network, so there would be no way to or any need to bi-amp this speaker.

The Diluceo does have a parallel network. So if you want to set it up so that it can be bi-amped it would be no problem. Just add a second set of the heavy SCI binding post to the order. They are only $15.75 a pair.

One kit has already been sent out that way already.

ZooDog

New Diluceo pics
« Reply #17 on: 16 Apr 2003, 03:36 am »
I'm looking for some monitors and those look real nice.  How much are they?

Danny Richie

Ordering info
« Reply #18 on: 16 Apr 2003, 03:55 am »
I worked on the web page info for several hours today.

If all goes well I will start uploading it tomorrow.

The kit cost is $995. and includes all need parts, wiring diagrams and cabinet plans.

Enclosures (finished in Oak, Maple or Cherry) are $225. each

A fully assembled pair that is measured, tested, lined with Blackhole 5, etc, will be $1,679. for the pair.

ZooDog

New Diluceo pics
« Reply #19 on: 16 Apr 2003, 01:30 pm »
I'd love to try my hand at a kit but these don't really look suitable for a DIY beginner like me.  Do you offer a 30-day trial or something similar on the assembled pair?