Any MAAC meetings in the works?

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Any MAAC meetings in the works?
« on: 25 Jan 2018, 01:53 am »
Been quiet here since CAF2017. 

Any MAAC member meetings in the works?  Has the DCHiFiGroup taken over?

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Any MAAC meetings in the works?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2018, 03:08 pm »
MAAC meetings have never been an official part of the group, it's always been an online affair.  It's a good place to set up G2G's, but somebody has to volunteer their home unless it's at CAF.  I'm not sure if the other group has meetings as a part of their charter or not.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2018, 03:42 pm »
Yes.  Been to a few over the years. 

Just seeing if anyone is still doing them on and off. 

If not, will see folks at CAF.   Not a member of the new DCHiFi Group at this point.  A bit to far away for regular meetings.

jtsnead

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2018, 06:49 pm »
HAL,

I belong to a group called DC HIFI Group which is hosted by John Gatski, he reviews equipment also at Everything Audio Network, http://everythingaudionetwork.blogspot.com. We meet once a month mainly in Rockville, MD and DC area.

There is a yearly membership fee but worth it always have food, byob, they have manufactures in for demo's etc.. If interested you can
email John at dchifigroup@verizon.net. I think you can come and cheack it out for free.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jan 2018, 07:20 pm »
jtsnead,

Thanks.  I know about the group and that is who I was referring to in my first post.  It is a 90+ mile drive on way to the meeting place normally held.

In the past the MAAC group here had in home meetings for listening sessions to members systems. A bit different than the demos in the new group.