Online Photo Sharing

Mudslide

Online Photo Sharing
« on: 4 Jan 2018, 03:42 am »
Since Photobucket started demanding a tariff for moving my few photos around online, I haven't used it...and won't.  They can keep my pictures hostage if they like.   :shake:

So...what is the best (free) site for uploading photos to share and post in websites like A/C?

Thanks in advance.

JohnR

Re: Online Photo Sharing
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jan 2018, 05:27 am »
The best site to use for sharing your photos on A/C would be A/C... ;)

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery

However, photos uploaded here cannot be embedded in other websites. (Heck, if photobucket can't afford to provide free image hosting for the whole darn Internet, we certainly can't...)

As a general rule, I'd say that if you expect free hosting for photos that you can post (embed) anywhere, you should also expect that sooner or later it will disappear.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 4 Jan 2018, 05:44 am »
The DIYaudio no more host members images for free, now they want ca$h to store any image.

Mudslide

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jan 2018, 06:00 am »
The best site to use for sharing your photos on A/C would be A/C... ;)

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery

However, photos uploaded here cannot be embedded in other websites. (Heck, if photobucket can't afford to provide free image hosting for the whole darn Internet, we certainly can't...)

As a general rule, I'd say that if you expect free hosting for photos that you can post (embed) anywhere, you should also expect that sooner or later it will disappear.

Yeah, I know the economy of the situation will make these sites as rare as pteradactyls.  But I'm just a cheap old miser on a much too small retirement...so I have to keep searching for that free lunch.    8)

Thanks for the tip on the local service.  I guess I ought to reintroduce myself to the service provided by my own home audio site.   :notworthy:

Mudslide

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jan 2018, 06:17 am »

Yea!!  Thanks, John.  A couple of old pics from our 2009 Oregon GTG just for a test run.  (Note the crowd, lol.)

MaxCast

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jan 2018, 01:49 pm »
Photo bucket should have just slapped on some advertising above the pic to each website a pic went to.
Would probably be making more money.