Game of Thrones anyone???

EdRo

• Industry Participant
Game of Thrones anyone???
« on: 28 Aug 2017, 05:28 am »
This last season was just too incredible to not mention. Anybody out there fans?

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Game of Thrones anyone???
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2017, 01:34 pm »
Oh hell ya!  Best season so far.  I guess I'm the only one sad to see Littlefinger go, he was such a great villain.  And for her, Cersei's strategy is brilliant.  I can't believe Tyrion fell for it, perhaps he didn't.  And where will the Night King go, will he defeat his foes in detail (that means one at a time), or head straight for Kings Landing.  Great set up for next season.

EdRo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2017, 07:30 pm »
I was a bit concerned for the poor souls left alive at the Wall, but he didn't seem interested in them. I'm betting that his forces are headed for Dragonstone. That'd be the greatest threat to him. I think the biggest threat to his forces is Bran somehow.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2017, 07:59 pm »
Very different show this season, some good some bad...

It does seem in a rush to tie things up, but at the pace of the previous seasons that would have taken 10 more years.

Early B.

« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2017, 11:20 pm »
Last night was definitely the best episode. Three times I said, "I didn't see that coming." Next season, they should make all of them 1.5 hours.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 28 Aug 2017, 11:24 pm »
Yeah, it was good to see Littlefinger get his just rewards...  :green:

linnlingo

« Reply #6 on: 28 Aug 2017, 11:56 pm »
Looking forward to the Battle of the Dragons. Blue Fire vs Red Fire. :thumb:

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #7 on: 28 Aug 2017, 11:58 pm »

In another year+...  :evil:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #8 on: 29 Aug 2017, 12:03 am »

Maybe not, they just need another Scorpion with a spear made of dragonglass.

EdRo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 29 Aug 2017, 12:13 am »
Just arrows, right? Dragonglass kills em dead, with just a touch! (I think!)

djbnh

« Reply #10 on: 29 Aug 2017, 12:28 am »
You'd think Bran, who knew what Littlefinger was doing, also knows of Cersei's latest attempt of lying. Bet on Bran's side.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 29 Aug 2017, 01:35 am »
You'd think Bran, who knew what Littlefinger was doing, also knows of Cersei's latest attempt of lying. Bet on Bran's side.

Yeah, they will always have a big intel gap vs any foe with the Three-Eyed Raven on their side.  This was indeed a spectacular season, as fast paced as the first few were slow. We didn't get a huge amount of character growth arc but that's fine since we had six seasons of that already. Since there are a ton of spoilers already in the this thread I will omit the spoiler alert this time! :lol:  It was unusually scary and heart breaking to see the Night King atop the newly reanimated Viserion!  The damage wrought in just moments is a bad omen for the world of humans, although they have two living dragons fighting on their side.  It was bittersweet seeing Littlefinger get his long overdue comeuppance!  On the one hand he's a weasel that more than had it coming but he was such a great villain.  It's nice to see the Starks banding together; it's good that hey realized they're stronger together.  It seems a bit strange that Cersi broke her alliance immediately.  Obviously she cares for nothing but power and elevating her own family but it has to be obvious to every intelligent person that the Night King and his hosts pose an existential threat to every living being.  It seems foolish not to join with her foes since it's the best chance for her own survival.

It will be interesting to see how the revelation about Jon's true identity plays out.  Will they tell him or will they see the he and Dany are in love and decide to keep the truth hidden?  If he does learn the truth what changes?  Is the Mother of Dragons no longer destined for the Iron Throne?

In an HBO-related note it's irritating that we must wait two years for the final season, especially since this "season" was just seven episodes.  Hopefully Westworld will return soon to take up the slack!  I actually liked it more than GoT although this newest season is pretty awesome.

jk@home

« Reply #12 on: 29 Aug 2017, 08:25 pm »
  It seems a bit strange that Cersi broke her alliance immediately.  Obviously she cares for nothing but power and elevating her own family but it has to be obvious to every intelligent person that the Night King and his hosts pose an existential threat to every living being.  It seems foolish not to join with her foes since it's the best chance for her own survival.

Big fan here. Is it just me, or does Tyrion have jealousy written all over his face regarding Snow and Daenerys? Maybe Cersi got to him, and there's a subplot we are not aware of yet.

I agree that this season was too short, and certain character developments needed more time. The whole Snow/Daenery relationship is the biggest example. From enemies to boat sex in one (shortened) season? :lol: I'm having a hard time buying it.

On a side note, this weekend we watched the newest version of King Arthur. Disregarding what we thought of the movie itself, :roll: the fellow who plays Littlefinger was one of Arthur's confidants. And the whole time we were waiting for him to weasel out like a littlefinger (but he didnt).

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #13 on: 29 Aug 2017, 08:55 pm »

On a side note, this weekend we watched the newest version of King Arthur. Disregarding what we thought of the movie itself, :roll: the fellow who plays Littlefinger was one of Arthur's confidants. And the whole time we were waiting for him to weasel out like a littlefinger (but he didnt).

Not exactly apropos:

jriggy

« Reply #14 on: 29 Aug 2017, 09:17 pm »
Big fan here. Is it just me, or does Tyrion have jealousy written all over his face regarding Snow and Daenerys? Maybe Cersi got to him, and there's a subplot we are not aware of yet.

Not jealous. He just might know something they don't or he just knows it can't be good... to much incest already, right? Haha.

On the Bran front, I'm not sure he sees all all the time. I think he has to consciously go to a certain time or place OR he is taken there by a raven, when he "goes in."

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #15 on: 29 Aug 2017, 09:39 pm »
Yeah...In an HBO-related note it's irritating that we must wait two years for the final season, especially since this "season" was just seven episodes.  Hopefully Westworld will return soon to take up the slack!  I actually liked it more than GoT although this newest season is pretty awesome.

2 years?
Really?

Darn.

Cacophonix

« Reply #16 on: 29 Aug 2017, 10:00 pm »
Not jealous. He just might know something they don't or he just knows it can't be good... to much incest already, right? Haha.

I thought it was more to do with the fact that he is being frequently over ruled by Jon. He is the hand, but the queen seems to be listening more to Jon. And with the latest twist, he may feel that he'll get increasingly marginalized.

jriggy

« Reply #17 on: 29 Aug 2017, 10:07 pm »
I thought it was more to do with the fact that he is being frequently over ruled by Jon. He is the hand, but the queen seems to be listening more to Jon. And with the latest twist, he may feel that he'll get increasingly marginalized.

Ooo, yes. That makes more sense for his character, than him actually knowing the truth about Johns family tree or what might be coming. Good point!

Cacophonix

« Reply #18 on: 30 Aug 2017, 06:45 pm »
Also, in case folks still have questions about sansa/arya/littlefinger drama in the last couple of episodes ...

http://www.tvguide.com/news/game-of-thrones-isaac-hempstead-wright-sansa-littlefinger/

Stercom

« Reply #19 on: 30 Aug 2017, 08:56 pm »
Bran has orchestrated everything......... 8)