SOLD Exemplar modified Oppo BDP-93 Universal Player (MAJOR price drop)

V-Fi

SOLD! Thank you everyone.

Oppo BDP-93 with Exemplar Solid State upgrades. See link https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2011/10/25/rmaf-2011-eficion-exemplar-stillpoints-lsa/, this device went for $2500 when new.

Condition is very conservatively a 7/10 (most would call it 8/10). It's got some very minor scuffing on the front panel that is more visible from certain angles than others. It is operationally perfect. I own the Oppo 95, 105D, and 205, the Exemplar unit sounds better than all of them.

The mod consists of the following (taken from the Exemplar website, which no longer lists this model):

1.A new linear power supply is added for the analog board. This includes a very robust power transformer, filter caps bypassed with polypropylene caps, +/- pre-regulators and relay control circuitry to maintain standby operation of the unit.

2.Independent proprietary shunt regulators are added for the digital and analog power for the DAC chip itself, isolating it from digital noise on the power busses (55 to 60 db of additional isolation).

3.The analog output op-amps are upgraded to much higher performance units (OPA627) designed specifically for audio and then biased into class A operation.

4.Proprietary +/- shunt regulators are added to power the analog output stages fed by the new linear power supply. This isolates the critical analog output stages from noise induced by the rest of the circuitry.

5.The electrolytic output coupling capacitors are removed and replaced with very high quality polypropylene caps designed specifically for audio. The caps used have been selected after years of testing for optimum sonic performance and musicality.

Asking $800 $700 $650 600 $450 plus shipping, which should be somewhere in the range of $20-40 depending on where you live. For an additional cost, I can throw in a memory card or USB hard drive to get your library started. This thing can play lossless and hi-res music on an external drive. Message me for details.

EDIT: Someone inquired about this, so I'll clarify. This thing still has the full functionality of the stock player. And since there's no need to worry about tube life, it can happily be used on a regular basis for media playback of all sorts. You can use the HDMI out for watching movies and still use the upgraded stereo analog outs to get the full benefit when playing music. That's how I used it.

Includes original box and remote which was hardly used.
« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2018, 04:18 pm by V-Fi »

V-Fi

bump for price drop

V-Fi

Bump, let's get this thing paired with a new owner who will appreciate it.

V-Fi

weekly bump

V-Fi

To the top, let's get this thing sold

V-Fi

V-Fi

V-Fi

Bump, make me an offer.

V-Fi

Bump, I was unsure about selling this thing, so I stopped trying for a while. But it really needs to go. Price drop to $450 plus shipping.