Help for tinnitis?

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Help for tinnitis?
« Reply #40 on: 18 Jul 2016, 11:14 am »
I had the weirdest experience with my tinnitis.  I live in Los Angeles.  It varies in intensity and so does my awareness of it.  But I went down to Oaxaca, Mexico last week for a family visit and I think it was completely gone!  It might have been that I just was not aware of it, as my mind was focused on other things.  But when I got back to Los Angeles, I became aware of it almost immediately upon arriving home.  Not sure what to make of that.  I know I was in a very rural area in Oaxaca and the altitude is almost a mile high.
It has to do w/air pressure, more altitude less air pressure.

trackball02

« Reply #41 on: 18 Jul 2016, 04:09 pm »
I also have tinnitus, and the best place to start to a healthy lifestyle. Get rid of stuff that that are neuro-toxic.
1. Do not drink alcohol.
2. Do not smoke.

Also, if you have high lipids, cholesterol, diabetes and hypertension, treat immediately. Including weight loss if type 2 diabetes.

Make sure any prescription meds that you take do not have tinnitus as a side effect.

Try changing your caffeine intake if excessive.

Get plenty of rest and exercise and switch to a healthy anti-inflammatory diet (do a on-line search about this diet).

Make sure your BMI is in the normal range.

Here are meds that have helped me:
Fish oil, Vitamin B complex and E, curcumin, resveratrol, and ginkgo biloba (I take daily).
I can't get rid of it, but it makes it more tolerable.

Best of luck.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #42 on: 18 Jul 2016, 06:43 pm »
I also have tinnitus, and the best place to start to a healthy lifestyle. Get rid of stuff that that are neuro-toxic.
1. Do not drink alcohol.
2. Do not smoke.
3. Caffeine(coffe, green tea etc.
4. Too much carbohydrate.
5. Never clean the ear wax.
6. Dont allow Doc wash ear channel w/water(must wash w/Thiersch solution 3%).

Mountainjoe

• President & CEO Eigen Audio Dealer
    • Eigen Audio
« Reply #43 on: 18 Jul 2016, 06:49 pm »
3. Caffeine(coffe, green tea and
4. Much carbohydrate.
6. Dont allow Doc wash ear channel w/water(must wash w/Thiersch solution 3%).

7. lay off NSAIDs (ibuprofen, etc.)
8. Nasal congestion will also affect tinnitus so treating seasonal allergies with decongestants can help

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #44 on: 18 Jul 2016, 07:31 pm »

Elaborate, please.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
« Reply #45 on: 18 Jul 2016, 08:08 pm »
Elaborate, please.
Should not remove the wax from the ears, wax purpose is maintain clean the ear channel and down loud sounds.

Cleaning movements with swabs can release histamine, harm ciliary layer of the ear canal and cause a allergic reaction in the ear as very strong itching or fungi. Ear wax helps keep dust and dirt out from eardrums and has antibacterial and lubricating function.

When wax dries each jaw movement by chewing food or talk bring the old wax out of the ear channel to out side.
But people think are smarter than the Creator.
« Last Edit: 18 Jul 2016, 09:50 pm by FullRangeMan »

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #46 on: 18 Jul 2016, 09:45 pm »
Well that clears it up....

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #47 on: 19 Jul 2016, 06:51 am »
I get some relief from taking 1000mg citrus bioflavonoids 3 times a day. They can be had from amazon
$16.00 for 250. The only trick is to actually get in the capsule what it claims to have in it on the bottle.
I am not sure even now if I am actually taking bioflavonoids or its a placebo effect.
Scotty
bioflavonoids are a blood cleanser, whats that say :scratch:
Fine looking lynx you got there Scotty, their much much more then cats :thumb:

TINNITUS  A Pathio genesis/idiopathic origin 

Few things in the world can have more causes then this disorder.
Native Americans have a great saying "if you have ringing ears, change back to a younger man".
its a fable and a truism.
Most times as you see above it is a physical or mental PTSD side effect. warning you :oops:
And often come in the sedentary years, that has slipped slowly into your life and you have slow adjusted to it, and the body is rebelling.
I had a big time sciatic issue for 5 years, burned like a cigar in my hip, they were gonna cut me open.
one night at a party a bunch of folks in the next room started making funny comments for a party, i went and looked and folks were standing around in chorus saying holy god I did not even know i felt so bad  as a sober "quack Chiropractor" adjusted folks backs on a set of foot ottomans.
I told him I had sciatica and he said it would be gone in 48 hours but first lay and let me fix that neck.
the guy cracked my spine then twisted my neck which popped, he said thats been a problem for a while huh?
he said looking at me he knew my neck was kinked. the emotional pressure that man took off me in 3 seconds dazed me, there is no description for the relief i felt, I would have paid a 1000 bucks for that "new freedom" he said just lay there a minute you may get a real jolt from your spine working right again, I could barely move. I just keep saying "oh my god" he stood up and bent way back, 3 minutes latter he said now to get rid of the sciatica, he put me in a chair, gently pushed on my hip and said "there" i said exactly, I told him it was tingling from him just touching it, he said turn your head slightly towards your left hip (it was there) he said  "slowly pull your left foot toe up and you bend over and try to touch your toe with nose, just try, stretch a little, you will get a little closer each time, your drooping muscles are pulling the nerve till it burns, this will tighten them, about 8 pulls later the pain was gone. he said that was just "Honeymoon relief', to make it last do the exercise 5-6 times a day, then three times a day for life. MAN they were gonna cut me open and cut me again on the nerve. and this guy dumped it in 7 mins. then he popped some woman's jaw who was about to have her teeth shaved to make her bite normal again, he said her cheek muscles were like a rock, and she said her dentist was gonna have her teeth shaved.!!! he said quit the man, the job or the attitude. she said she was in a very prolonged divorce, she had TINNITUS too, he said "I bet,,, forgive him before you lose your health, don't  pardon him, but forgive him."
Fact:in the 1980's congress almost outlawed chiropractors.
I had a very bad thing happen to me a few weeks ago as some here know. doc gave me Zannex, he said that stuff is medicine when you are sick, poison when you are well. as i calmed down, my ears started to "Swish" I stopped the zanex and it went away.
TINNITUS has come on me in life about 5-6 times, but no more.
Almonds are cool, first thing hospital does is IV you with potassium/magnesium, eat five almonds a day, they have aspirin in them too, less joint pain, no acid gut.
Nsad's or Advil can also save a ear drum from swelling and bursting, when infected.
Over twenty years ago I bought a juice-man extractor, I take no citrus in it, just 6 leaves Romain, 1 carrot, 1 tomato, 3 stalks celery and a clove of garlic over ice about 5 times a week after pizza, or the like, little meat, no fish, lots of cheese and chicken, some protein pills, the juiceman throws the pulp in back basket and gives pure juice, my bowels are green, my immune system is no longer wasting 60 percent of my white anti bodies on my gut. I went to doctor, got a blood scan, they called latter said it was bad, OH GOD I have to come back in its so bad,  they say your first blood work was "too good" kidneys were that of a 14 year old. ( IM OVER 60) did test again, same numbers. I drink a huge glass of wall (tap) water every morning before anything else, then orange juice, 5 more water during day, girlfriend says i have cleanest smell and softest skin she has ever seen in a man. i lift and swing around hand weights 20 mins after waking every morning to lift up blood pressure.
I know, you know a lot, I knew a lot too, but now i am TINNITUS free too.
I also suggest a little VOO DOO, try "laying of hands or Rieki ....laughing yet, well the Veterans Administration is not laughing, it is a roar among PTSD Vets coming back from war. even generals are calling for immediate wide spread use.
http://ptsdcombat.blogspot.com/2008/08/reiki-for-veterans-military-and-va.html

Do the research or suffer my teacher used to say.

I do a quick body massage every-night with a 2 foot long back reaching elec. massage wand, better then opium.

google -
acetaminophen liver damage/empathy loss.
Wy-Fi brain strain
fifth stage sleep loss psychosis.
flat screen insomnia
EMF dangers
cell phone brain wave disruption.
FDA reverses edict, EDTA does clean heavy metals and heart fat out
you can clean ears anytime with room temp peanut oil, just tilt head till drained

Boy I know now, main stream news is the blues.
its what i thought I knew in life that almost killed me.
I still smoke five ciggs a day, vodka with jazz is so nice.
DO NONE OF THESE THINGS WITHOUT A DOCTORS ADVICE .
and never forget i am the village idiot.

« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2016, 07:52 am by GRACE RUBY »

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #48 on: 19 Jul 2016, 07:12 am »

But people think are smarter than the Creator.

Some times we are the co creator. and it sure keeps me busy  :o
some ear wax is also a anti-biotic, often in the face of too much our ear has just flushed germs off the canal.
All so this is a must-never put anything in your ear smaller then your elbow. :thumb:
Also can we as music lovers ever admit, some thing you do sitting on rump for long hours is not a hobby, its a atrophy.  :scratch:
it must be a imperative that we to love the whole of life and music, want to dance a little, exercise our spirit
get the vibration of our being higher
so as to met the music half way,
so we can be a true part of the music.
love takes a little energy, to give it we must be physically fit.
Something else, calcium with d3 is important, or when our bodies need it, it will take it even from our jaw bones till our teeth loosen, anyone think a loose tooth infected with grime might not help TINNITUS
PS coffee seemed to help mine when i had it, but may be poison to another man.
« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2016, 09:21 am by GRACE RUBY »

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #49 on: 19 Jul 2016, 07:34 am »
This is interesting.

As I walk beside a river, brook, or creek with light rapids, my tinnitus completely disappears.

I carry earplugs with me everywhere I go now. If traffic, music, construction, etc. is loud, I pop 'em into my ears to protect against further damage to my hearing.

I have been told more than once there is no cure.

negative ions  :thumb: me too, total mood swing upwards, sometimes during a drought I point water hose up in air and breath as i fill bird bath.
IMHO doctors have no cure, but you do in getting to know your body, take notes, review them.
IMHO
« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2016, 09:24 am by GRACE RUBY »

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #50 on: 19 Jul 2016, 07:45 am »
I would thoroughly investigate the potential side effects of lithium before taking it for any reason.
Scotty

thats true, but, its also in food and around the Florida keys there is tons in the water.
and a mess of mental disorders that never happen there

EDS_

« Reply #51 on: 5 Aug 2016, 03:25 pm »
I'm not quite sure exactly where you mean, and would like to try this. Could you explain the location in another way, please?

Russell sorry I was out of the country for a good bit and lost track of this thread.

Find your left and right jaw joints near each ear. For me about 1.25" or so forward and maybe 1/2" is the point I was talking about. The features involved are the submandibular salivary glands...but for me, and apparently some others, gentle massage causes my eustachian tubes to drain - sometimes.

You've got to be very gentile. The area is very sensitive.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #52 on: 5 Aug 2016, 04:56 pm »
Has anyone else tried Lithium Orotate to help mitigate their tinnitus?

Stuart

« Reply #53 on: 5 Aug 2016, 06:11 pm »
I have mild Tinnitis and my wife found this interesting video. Might be worth a try!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6Hu1_oSeLE

Stuart

« Reply #54 on: 5 Aug 2016, 08:12 pm »
Just tried this, seems to have helped a bit :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO47LIjhp34

OzarkTom

« Reply #55 on: 7 Aug 2016, 12:23 am »
Just found this article today.

Human Hearing Loss Could Be Reversible

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/07/human-hearing-loss-could-be-reversible/491777/

bummrush

« Reply #56 on: 7 Aug 2016, 12:48 am »
For me and just going by a slm i downloaded,i listen at 75 dbo0r lower ,and really no louder,
and its plenty loud., im 58 and have found listening at loeer levels is plenty enjoyable for whatever that's worth.

OzarkTom

« Reply #57 on: 7 Aug 2016, 02:03 am »
For me and just going by a slm i downloaded,i listen at 75 dbo0r lower ,and really no louder,
and its plenty loud., im 58 and have found listening at loeer levels is plenty enjoyable for whatever that's worth.

+1

Here is a company that specializes in hearing loss.

https://www.facebook.com/AsiusTech/