Cleveland Rocks!!

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Cleveland Rocks!!
« on: 17 Jun 2016, 03:50 am »
While I still wouldn't bet the ranch on the Cavs going back to Oakland and getting a win in game 7, these last two games have shown that they weren't going to just hand Golden State the title.

Lebron with two monster games back to back to lead his team back from a 3-1 deficit for the first time in a very long time in the finals.

In elimination games, Lebron has the highest all-time average.  While he isn't perfect (only Jordan was), he is an all-time great and I would take him on my team any day of the week.

George

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: Cleveland Rocks!!
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2016, 03:53 am »

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2016, 04:01 am »
While I still wouldn't bet the ranch on the Cavs going back to Oakland and getting a win in game 7, these last two games have shown that they weren't going to just hand Golden State the title.

Lebron with two monster games back to back to lead his team back from a 3-1 deficit for the first time in a very long time in the finals.

In elimination games, Lebron has the highest all-time average.  While he isn't perfect (only Jordan was), he is an all-time great and I would take him on my team any day of the week.

George

I agree.  I never understand why there is so much negative comments and scrutiny over every little thing.

zybar

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2016, 04:02 am »
The Warriors were anything but calm tonight.  They were outplayed, outhussled, and outclassed by the Cavs.

Curry losing his temper and throwing his mouthpiece into the crowd wasn't exactly what you want to see.

All the pressure will be on the Warriors in Game 7 because if they lose at home, their historic 73-9 regular season will have meant nothing.

George

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jun 2016, 04:15 am »
 :lol:

LeBron will choke, just like LeBron always chokes. I simply meant keep calm 'til it happens.  :thumb:

orientalexpress

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jun 2016, 04:46 am »
Choke city,they're never win ever in my lifetime.NBA helping them by suspense green in game 5 ,game 6 they're send Scot Foster to referee the game.i can't wait to see who Nba send for game 7,NBA got what they're wanted ,7 games series instead of 5.Tell me ,when the last time NBA suspense player in the final?

ACHiPo

« Reply #6 on: 17 Jun 2016, 05:07 am »

zybar

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 17 Jun 2016, 11:27 am »
You guys don't have to like Lebron, but trying to say things are rigged or that Lebron is a choker just aren't factual.   :nono: :

Last night the same number of fouls were called on both teams - 25 each.

And I repeat...Lebron has the best stats of ANYBODY in NBA history when facing elimination.

BTW, Lebron is leading the finals in every category: points, assists, rebounds, steals, and blocks!!

George

ACHiPo

« Reply #8 on: 17 Jun 2016, 01:45 pm »
You guys don't have to like Lebron, but trying to say things are rigged or that Lebron is a choker just aren't factual.   :nono: :

Last night the same number of fouls were called on both teams - 25 each.

And I repeat...Lebron has the best stats of ANYBODY in NBA history when facing elimination.

BTW, Lebron is leading the finals in every category: points, assists, rebounds, steals, and blocks!!

George
George,
The Cavs made some absolutely amazing plays.  And the Warriors played like dog doo in the first half.  There were a lot of bad calls on both sides.  Not claiming it's rigged, but there IS a lot more money to be made from a 7 game series. :scratch:
AC

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #9 on: 17 Jun 2016, 01:56 pm »
Never doubt the heart of a champion.

Phil A

« Reply #10 on: 17 Jun 2016, 02:56 pm »
The chart doesn't reflect that he's played more minutes than anyone

zybar

• Facilitator
« Reply #11 on: 17 Jun 2016, 03:13 pm »

That's correct.

However, ALL of his stats when normalized are still head and shoulders above everybody else.

Look at the stats on basketball reference - it's just silly how much better they are then anybody on GS.

George

rklein

« Reply #12 on: 17 Jun 2016, 03:15 pm »

That is a good point.  However, it also points out that he also is number 1 in getting the least amount of rest during games.

Randy

dflee

« Reply #13 on: 17 Jun 2016, 03:15 pm »
rklein:
Dare you to be on the other side of that elbow he throws. I know I wouldn't.
As far as the playoffs go the officiating is atrocious at best. I quit watching cause to me it just looked pathetic.
The Warriors took an attitude that did not help their cause and the Cavs took advantage of the opportunities given them.
Done deal for me. I hope the future brings better Refs or they need to change the name to include WWE.

Don

rklein

« Reply #14 on: 17 Jun 2016, 03:24 pm »
rklein:
Dare you to be on the other side of that elbow he throws. I know I wouldn't.
As far as the playoffs go the officiating is atrocious at best. I quit watching cause to me it just looked pathetic.
The Warriors took an attitude that did not help their cause and the Cavs took advantage of the opportunities given them.
Done deal for me. I hope the future brings better Refs or they need to change the name to include WWE.

Don

Not me!!!  :lol:  But it is a fact that big men do not get the calls when going to the hole.  Shaq experienced a ton of no-calls in his career and Lebron is also experiencing this.  As for the officiating, I have to admit that it could be better.  However, it is equally bad for both sides.  How about game 5 where the game was still in the balance in the 4th quarter and the ref called Kyrie for dribbling the ball out of bounds.  The replay clearly showed it wasn't even close to being out of bounds.

Oh, and one more thing....just imagine if it were J.R. Smith who hit a fan with his mouthguard.  :wink:

Randy

TomS

« Reply #15 on: 17 Jun 2016, 03:28 pm »
Oh, and one more thing....just imagine if it were J.R. Smith who hit a fan with his mouthguard.  :wink:

Randy
Or Draymond  :lol:

rklein

« Reply #16 on: 17 Jun 2016, 03:31 pm »

orientalexpress

« Reply #17 on: 17 Jun 2016, 03:40 pm »
If any city deserve a champion is Cleveland ,they're haven't won one over 50 years. :o

rklein

« Reply #18 on: 17 Jun 2016, 03:58 pm »
If any city deserve a champion is Cleveland ,they're haven't won one over 50 years. :o

52 years to be exact.  :violin:

Last year the folks in Cleveland certainly did not want to hear about Golden State not winning an NBA championship since 1975.  The bay area has the Giants who are arguably a current baseball dynasty.  Oh yeah....the 49'ers....

Randy

dflee

« Reply #19 on: 17 Jun 2016, 04:34 pm »
Shaq didn't need to throw the elbow. He just was there and a presence.
No one has said a word about Curry breaking the record for threes though so
I guess Bron Bron doesn't have all the records. Lastly, why would any city deserve
a championship. It's thinking like that that starts judgemental calls.

Don