PI Audio Majic Buss

dflee

PI Audio Majic Buss
« on: 27 Apr 2016, 10:42 pm »
I was blessed with a used Majic Buss and put it in the system replacing a Panamax 5100. Having four outlets did create a small problem and I will eventually rectify but for now have my CD player and DAC in left side socket and Pre in right side upper and a power strip in right side lower. Power strip has Tele, Cable Box, DVD player and tuner. Power Amp is directly in wall and Majic Buss is in a Richard Grey 400. Not sure what I am going to do concerning future changes in different configurations but am enjoying what I have right now. I let the unit run in about two days before any critical listening but was happy with the instant change on the Tele. It was more clear and definitely blacker background. Sound was better through the cable box so I was a little excited about what the rest would sound like. After waiting I was now ready to get down and dirty with some of the most played and known music in my arsenal. Without getting long winded, whatever I played I heard a deeper sound and while it took a while to figure out the sound was quieter with more detail than anything to this point. At first I thought the sound was more laid back, not as hard and I thought it was good prior to Dave's box but realized different. Can't say enough about the Majic Buss and can only imagine how much better the Uber or other newer equipment is but man am I happy with my Majic. I now realize I have never really heard Ian Anderson's or Alison Kraus's voices until now. So with that I will say thanks Dave (wherever you are) for making such a well made and sounding piece of equipment. I am honored to have it in my home.

Don

Folsom

Re: PI Audio Majic Buss
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr 2016, 10:56 pm »
You might want to try with the Richard Gray as well, to compare how they mix.

Another one sold on power conditioning :thumb: