Wow! What a finish for the regular NBA season!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Wow! What a finish for the regular NBA season!
« on: 14 Apr 2016, 05:31 am »
There has never been an athlete like Steph Curry!  Freakin' unreal!  No one in NBA history ever hit 300 three-pointers in one season, so he goes out and hits 400! :o  Curry is the greatest player in history; maybe not the all-around greatest in all aspect but he's the living embodiment of the way I like to see basketball played. While it's undoubtedly cool to see players drive the line I must say I'm very tired of the big stars seemingly going entire quarters without dribbling the ball. :wink:  On nearly half the scoring plays nowadays the scorer either 1) travels, 2) double-dribbles, 3) travels and double dribbles. :x  And a defender almost has to have enough time to set up a lawn chair and iron his uniform to actually draw a charge.  It really looks like football with an occasional shot!  To me though the 3-pointer is the ultimate in all-skill, no-bullshit/no-excuses play.  I don't think there's ever been a shooter to rival Steph in the entire history of pro basketball.

Still, I have always loved watching Kobe play, too!  He could do it all.  He was a great shooter with sick moves in the paint, a tenacious defender and (in his prime) one of the greatest clutch players in the game. Few guys had the killer instinct and drive to win that Kobe Bryant had.  It was really cool to see him go out with a bang, hanging 60 points on the Jazz.  Yeah, on level he was a me-first/me-only ball hog but he generally found a way to win.  Clearly it was time to hang it up and IMO hand off to the next generation of stars.  But it was cool to see the "old man" do it one more time. :thumb: