IndyCar Race at Fontana

Speedskater

• Kevin
IndyCar Race at Fontana
« on: 30 Jun 2015, 12:49 am »
Did anyone see the race on TV? With a daytime race on what threatened to be a very hot day in California, the grandstands were almost empty. But the race was insane, with about 80 lead changes between 12 drivers at 205 MPH it was anybodies race until the crashes started. Once again, IndyCar has a certain amateur feel to it. From the league management, the rules, the TV coverage, the track maintenance crew, the car owners to the drivers. 
The problems in this race:
a] Another crew member got hurt in the pit.
b] The cars still turn into airplanes when they spin.
c] The winning car took part of the fuel hose with it onto the track which caused a caution, but received no in race penalty!

Davey

Re: IndyCar Race at Fontana
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jun 2015, 03:26 am »
I don't think the drivers enjoy it much.  If they could get away with going on strike for those insane oval races they probably would.  It's just a matter of time until they have another Dan Wheldon incident.
I watched it on NBC and the announcer crew was just horrible.  Leigh Diffey and Steve Matchett are really growing tiring to me......even on the F1 broadcasts.

The ovals and temporary street circuits are just horrible.  I'd rather see those Indy cars on road courses exclusively.  That's where they belong.

Dave.