NFL Football ('15 -'16)

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: NFL Football ('15 -'16)
« Reply #60 on: 23 Sep 2015, 01:00 am »
Rob R seems to wear out his welcome pretty quick where ever he goes.  Garrett never wanted him, and as soon as J.Jones trusted him to really run the club, Garrett fired him.  I bet he's gone again after this season.  He might have been a great coordinator back in the days when a club kept its players for the better part of their careers, but systems need to be simpler today so that a 3rd year guy can master it.
« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2015, 04:28 am by S Clark »

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #61 on: 23 Sep 2015, 03:06 am »
it's actually comical to see all these Eagles fans that thought they would go 14-2 ………….. but 'ya never know, perhaps they'll win 14 in a row ….. :scratch:

Not really, on this forum anyway.  Chris has them at 7-9 and I have them at 9-7, both of us saying out of the playoffs.  Although elsewhere you're correct.  There was so much 13-3 talk in the city of brotherly love that I almost started to doubt myself.  However there was a significant minority that didn't drink the koolaid, that could see that you can't tear apart a team and replace stars with backups and hope to win in the NFL, no matter what scheme you devise.  I wish and hope I'm wrong, but the Eagles may be way worse than what I thought.

S Clark

« Reply #62 on: 23 Sep 2015, 04:26 am »
I seem to be one of the few that still thinks Bradford can be a good QB for Philly.  But I suspect that Chip moved too many pieces for that team to get any coordination in the first half of the season. And even if they do improve, they don't have the O line that they've had in the past. 
If they can't make teams pay for loading the box, it's going to be a very long season for them.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #63 on: 23 Sep 2015, 05:40 am »
I see Matt Cassel is ready to work his magic for the Cowboys! :lol: :thumb:

S Clark

« Reply #64 on: 23 Sep 2015, 02:41 pm »
I see Matt Cassel is ready to work his magic for the Cowboys! :lol: :thumb:
Since he is backup to the backup, hopefully he never sees a snap. I see him and Weeden as two peas in a pod. At least he does have a history of having played well once upon a time.

Emil

« Reply #65 on: 23 Sep 2015, 05:00 pm »

Wonder if Geno paid the $600 back yet? :lol:

With the Ryan Fitzpatick led Jets being 2-0 and looking quite impressive, he may be on that bench for the rest of the season

stlrman

« Reply #66 on: 23 Sep 2015, 10:18 pm »
I'm sure most Eagles fans saw this Classic rant , but if not , it's a must see.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/09/watch_embarassed_eagles_fan_rips_chip_kelly_after.html

twitch54

« Reply #67 on: 24 Sep 2015, 12:00 am »
I'm sure most Eagles fans

a very strange group ………..

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #68 on: 25 Sep 2015, 11:36 am »
And yet another not very good football game Thursday evening (Sept 24). What happened to Washington?
Did anyone bother to watch the complete game?

charmerci

« Reply #69 on: 25 Sep 2015, 08:55 pm »
And yet another not very good football game Thursday evening (Sept 24). What happened to Washington?
Did anyone bother to watch the complete game?

Skins stink. There's some talent there but it's the little mistakes that add up. It's a losing "mentality" as the mistakes pile up (as happens to all teams in a game), it's "here we go again."

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #70 on: 25 Sep 2015, 11:07 pm »

Skins stink. There's some talent there but it's the little mistakes that add up. It's a losing "mentality" as the mistakes pile up (as happens to all teams in a game), it's "here we go again."

I thought they were better than they played last night.  I picked the Giants by a virtual coin flip, didn't expect them to dominate.  I watched very little of the game, way too boring to hold my interest, although I watched the end of the game which was pretty entertaining, three touchdowns in 32 seconds or something like that.  The NFC East may be the NFC South of a year ago, 8-8 or 7-9 may take it.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #71 on: 25 Sep 2015, 11:07 pm »
Last season, which night was it Sunday, Monday or Thursday that had mostly dud games?

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #72 on: 27 Sep 2015, 09:04 pm »
Wow, quarterbacks are dropping like flies.  :o

charmerci

« Reply #73 on: 28 Sep 2015, 06:43 pm »
My favorite team,Washington will probably continue to be not very good but at least my second favorite the Cards are looking really good!

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #74 on: 28 Sep 2015, 06:55 pm »
... at least my second favorite the Cards are looking really good!

I moved to Phoenix the same year the Cardinals moved from St. Louis and this is by far the most impressive the team has ever looked. All I wanted for Christmas was an offense that could score touchdowns to go along with an already great defense and so far Christmas has come early.

It's a long season so I try not to get too excited, especially after last years injury bug so I'll just leave it at that and say after week 3 I'm enjoying this NFL season.

TomS

« Reply #75 on: 28 Sep 2015, 07:14 pm »
I moved to Phoenix the same year the Cardinals moved from St. Louis and this is by far the most impressive the team has ever looked. All I wanted for Christmas was an offense that could score touchdowns to go along with an already great defense and so far Christmas has come early.

It's a long season so I try not to get too excited, especially after last years injury bug so I'll just leave it at that and say after week 3 I'm enjoying this NFL season.
The Cards have looked really impressive, so hopefully injuries don't bite them again this year. I'm a big Bruce Arians fan, not so much the Cardinals, but he deserves a good run with his best players on the field all year. Best of luck to them.

My Colts have devolved from being just a mediocre team with a very good quarterback last year, to something far worse. It is very ugly to watch them now, and I hope Andrew Luck can endure the punishment he's taking while they get it sorted out. It may take years, as bad as the offensive line is right now with nothing in the pipeline.

roscoeiii

« Reply #76 on: 28 Sep 2015, 09:31 pm »

As someone with Larry Fitzgerald on my fantasy team, I am enjoying Phoenix's success.

Beats watching my Bears.

S Clark

« Reply #77 on: 29 Sep 2015, 01:11 am »
As someone with Larry Fitzgerald on my fantasy team, I am enjoying Phoenix's success.

Beats watching my Bears.
... and in the continuing saga of the Bears, they just paid Jared Allen $11.5M for three games before they traded him for a couple of beans and 6th round draft choice.  Perhaps their plan is to draft the next Tom Brady with it.   
Tough times for Bears fans.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #78 on: 29 Sep 2015, 02:10 pm »
Tell me again, why would ESPN chose to have a 'Monday Night Game' in Green Bay?  The odds of it being a good game are slim to none.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #79 on: 29 Sep 2015, 03:54 pm »
Tell me again, why would ESPN chose to have a 'Monday Night Game' in Green Bay?  The odds of it being a good game are slim to none.
This may not answer your question but I have always assumed that networks bid for the opportunity to broadcast a format package, be it MNF or ThNF, NFC or AFC. The league makes the schedules and sells the rights to the highest bidder. Thus, ESPN  did not choose that particular game. Right?