Metro DC Audio Society???

bunky

Re: Metro DC Audio Society???
« Reply #20 on: 9 Jun 2015, 10:20 pm »
There's also a fairly active DIY audio group at www.dcaudiodiy.com if DIY is your thing...

Roscoe
I have listened to the DC Audio DIY room at the Capitol Audiofest.  Roscoe is a great guy and the DIY gear in the room puts much of the commercial gear to shame

Phil A

« Reply #21 on: 9 Jun 2015, 11:34 pm »
Roscoe is a great guy and the DIY gear in the room puts much of the commercial gear to shame

+1 on that.  I've been over his place too.

Roscoe Primrose

• DC Audio DIY
« Reply #22 on: 10 Jun 2015, 01:14 pm »
I may be able to make it, please PM me the address while you're at it...

Roscoe

Robin Hood

« Reply #23 on: 10 Jun 2015, 08:02 pm »
Please PM your address and count me in. I would love to hear your Lampizator DSD DAC and compare it to my Korg MR2000S if you're game.  If not I will just bring myself and a few bottles to enjoy. :beer: or  :wine:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #24 on: 11 Jun 2015, 05:50 pm »
I can make it.  PM me your address and see you Sat. :thumb:

Jabs1542

« Reply #25 on: 11 Jun 2015, 07:05 pm »
Well I'm not real good at scheduling stuff like this but I'm going to take one more shot at it.

First - Due to everyone's' slack of availability I'm going to push this out. A lot of this is my fault because I didn't give enoug notice - so there will be no meet up this Saturday.

Second - Please look at your calendar and the following dates and indicate any/all dates that work for you. I will compile a matrix and select the date with the best turnout.

Please PM me with your availability on the following dates:
06/20 (Sat)
06/27 (Sat)
06/28 (Sun)
07/11 (Sat)
07/12 (Sun)

I'm hoping we can get something started and this will be easier. It would be great to learn some things face-to-face, which seems to be rare these days.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #26 on: 11 Jun 2015, 07:16 pm »
Thanks for being considerate but you may just have to pick a day and go with it.  Pick a day that works for you and announce it with plenty time in advance.  You can't get everybody.  There will always be someone who can't make it.  As for me, 20th is a may be.  I am out Jun 27,28 -- vacation.  Have to check July schedule.

Jabs1542

« Reply #27 on: 11 Jun 2015, 07:22 pm »
Looks like I did some pre-mature posting (hate it when that happens :).

We will have a meeting this weekend as planned (06/13) starting anytime in the afternoon. Lined up so far are:
 - Robin Hood
 - Roscoe Primrose
 - Woodsyi

Look forward to seeing everyone.

Roscoe Primrose

• DC Audio DIY
« Reply #28 on: 11 Jun 2015, 07:55 pm »
Looks like I did some pre-mature posting (hate it when that happens :).

We will have a meeting this weekend as planned (06/13) starting anytime in the afternoon. Lined up so far are:
 - Robin Hood
 - Roscoe Primrose
 - Woodsyi

Look forward to seeing everyone.

That's better than being premature some other activities  :rotflmao:

What time are you looking to start?  I scheduled a stop on the way there at 3:30PM, but I can probably move that up if you'd rather have people show up earlier....

I'll bring some tunes and some single malt  :jester:

Roscoe

Jabs1542

« Reply #29 on: 11 Jun 2015, 08:49 pm »
Anytime after 1:00 would be fine. I had originally said 4:00 but some said that was too late. Regardless, I'll be here all day.

I'll have to show you pictures from a scotch tasting event we had a couple of months ago - it was awesome. I'll have spirits, cigars, and a couple of packs of beer - like I said, I'll be here all day :)

Roscoe Primrose

• DC Audio DIY
« Reply #30 on: 12 Jun 2015, 06:10 pm »
I'll probably be there between 1:30 and 2:00....

CU tomorrow.

Roscoe

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #31 on: 12 Jun 2015, 06:16 pm »
Picking up a TT north of Baltimore at 12:30. :thumb:  It will be like 2:30 before I can get there.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #32 on: 12 Jun 2015, 08:47 pm »
Wish I could make it, but I have an appointment with a dinosaur or two.  You guys have a great time.

Roscoe Primrose

• DC Audio DIY
« Reply #33 on: 14 Jun 2015, 04:07 pm »
Nice to meet you Jay, and thanks for hosting.

I hope we didn't screw up your system too much ;)

Roscoe

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #34 on: 14 Jun 2015, 09:51 pm »
Thanks Jay for having a bunch of imperfect strangers at your place!  We'll have to return the favor soon - MAAC meets had until now gone dormant for some time.

The bass performance from those Legacy speakers was quite impressive : particularly if it could survive unscathed Roscoe's "bass extremes" demo track torture test at stadium rock levels!  Thanks also for showing us the Roon software - it was the first chance I had to see it at work first-hand. 

Always good to have another in our midst to share notes and commiserate in what is otherwise the relative audiophile wasteland of the Capital area!

Jabs1542

« Reply #35 on: 15 Jun 2015, 01:14 am »
Thanks guys, I enjoyed having everyone over and I look forward to seeing other setups and learning some more first hand.

Roscoe - Small world, I saw an air bearing linear tracking arm on Vinyl Asylum today and did a Google search for more info and ran into your website. Pretty cool coincidence.

Robin Hood

« Reply #36 on: 15 Jun 2015, 04:44 am »
Jay,

Thanks for hosting the audio meeting Saturday.  I was looking forward to hearing the Lampizator DSD DAC and I was not disappointed. I was delighted to see the CAPS3 music server and I was intrigued with your Legacy speakers and DSP processing. I found your system to be very dynamic and enjoyable with thunderous bass. Thanks for taking the time to show Roon and Tidal in action and finally thanks for your hospitality and warm welcome. :D

Robin Hood

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #37 on: 15 Jun 2015, 02:40 pm »
Thanks Jay.

Enjoyed it very much.  Thanks for the beers -- can't control Scotch in the afternoon.  We should definitely get together and compare notes on some things.  It looks like you and I listen to similar stuff.  I have some stuff that needs maintenance services but I can still run 2 turntables, no problem.

Thanks again.

P.S.  Good seeing you guys for MAAC.