Type 4 auto on and off switch does nothing, amp always on

keithando

Not sure how these are supposed to be set, I bought them second hand and they are as the guy used to run them. The amps are always on, I thought the auto off switch would turn the sub amp off if my main amp is switched off..

My speaker wires from the amp are going into the RCA's that say from amp, those RCA are bridged to the other RCA's that say from amplifier and then a couple of wires are going from there to the full range speakers. Is this wiring correct?

Would be nice if there was a manual I could download.

Thanks

PS Love these speakers, best sound I have had at home.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
Re: Type 4 auto on and off switch does nothing, amp always on
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2014, 03:26 pm »
keithando,

Welcome to the AudioCircle forum.  I suggest you email Louis at Omega about this question.

srb

Re: Type 4 auto on and off switch does nothing, amp always on
« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2014, 03:55 pm »
My speaker wires from the amp are going into the RCA's that say from amp, those RCA are bridged to the other RCA's that say from amplifier and then a couple of wires are going from there to the full range speakers. Is this wiring correct?

High level speaker connections would never be connected to line level RCA jacks.  If you are driving the subwoofer with high level speaker connections then the speaker wires from your main amplifier would connect to the From Amplifier binding posts on the subwoofer, then the To Amplifier binding posts would connect to the binding posts above on the main speaker section.

The line level RCA inputs and outputs would only be used if you were driving the subwoofer amplifier from RCA preamp outputs or RCA subwoofer outputs on a preamp or integrated amplifier.  There wouldn't normally be any bridging of RCA inputs.

Most Auto On/Off circuits have a time delay to prevent turning off the subwoofer during silent passages or manual pauses, it could some number of minutes.

Steve