Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Re: Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server
« Reply #440 on: 16 Jun 2016, 04:34 pm »
New firmware out today...

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=HAPZ1ES&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/downloadTab

This firmware upgrade (version 17384R) provides the following improvements over version 17050R:

Adds support for the Spotify Connect features
    Adds support for a USB hub connection to one HDD drive and one CD drive
    Adds support for the Wake On LAN function

So it looks like we can get a USB hub, and plug both an additional hard drive AND a CD drive to rip CDs at the same time? That's pretty cool....

Rob50

« Reply #441 on: 28 Dec 2016, 01:52 pm »
Has anyone had major problems with HAP music transfer soft wear, i.e. keep losing connection, files won't actually transfer at all now & each time i click start it's "attempting" to transfer the same files. I've tried 3 different routers. I use JRiver.
Is there another way to transfer music files from my laptop, without using HAP Transfer ? Any help much appreciated. ( I've even re-installed the soft wear, but still the same problems. ) With this latest change of router, i'm not even getting the transfer circle symbol displaying on my screen. Very frustrating !!!

audio.bill

« Reply #442 on: 28 Dec 2016, 04:00 pm »
If you have a Windows PC I've been able to simply bring up File Explorer and the Sony's drive should show up on the network as an attached hard drive. You can then just copy and paste your desired music folders and files over to it directly. Somehow it seemed to handle all of the formatting automatically, which I was concerned about since the Sony doesn't use Windows OS. Hope this works as easily for you, let us know!

Rob50

« Reply #443 on: 29 Dec 2016, 04:27 pm »
If you have a Windows PC I've been able to simply bring up File Explorer and the Sony's drive should show up on the network as an attached hard drive. You can then just copy and paste your desired music folders and files over to it directly. Somehow it seemed to handle all of the formatting automatically, which I was concerned about since the Sony doesn't use Windows OS. Hope this works as easily for you, let us know!

Thanks for your reply. Excuse my ignorance, i'm not sure how to bring up "File Explorer" ? I can't see the Sony Hard Drive listed ?? ( Not very good with computers...i find things by pure chance, most of the time !!

Sorry, just found file explorer & opened it and can now see HAP -S1 listed....see how i go from here....

audio.bill

« Reply #444 on: 29 Dec 2016, 08:27 pm »
Since it sounds like you may need further assistance about copying the files, this might help. In File Explorer you should be able to click on the drive where you have the music files that you want to copy to the Sony and navigate to the proper directory. Then if you right click on the folder or files you want to copy (holding down the Ctrl key while selecting files or folders will allow you to select more than one which will then be highlighted) and then select Copy. Now if you navigate to the Sony in File Explorer and to the location you want to place the files you selected to copy, you right click and select Paste. The folders and/or files you selected to copy will get copied to that location on the Sony's hard drive. Hope that helps!

Rob50

« Reply #445 on: 30 Dec 2016, 12:06 pm »
Since it sounds like you may need further assistance about copying the files, this might help. In File Explorer you should be able to click on the drive where you have the music files that you want to copy to the Sony and navigate to the proper directory. Then if you right click on the folder or files you want to copy (holding down the Ctrl key while selecting files or folders will allow you to select more than one which will then be highlighted) and then select Copy. Now if you navigate to the Sony in File Explorer and to the location you want to place the files you selected to copy, you right click and select Paste. The folders and/or files you selected to copy will get copied to that location on the Sony's hard drive. Hope that helps!

Thank you very much for your help. I think even i can't go wrong with those clear instructions !