Power switch wiring on AVA Fetvalve 2 PAT-5

dlparker

• Dave Parker - KC, MO
    • DontKnowNuthinBoutNoComputers
Power switch wiring on AVA Fetvalve 2 PAT-5
« on: 12 Feb 2016, 06:06 am »
I've just replaced the power switch on a used Fetvalve 2 PAT-5 in preparation for selling it. Apparently I didn't pay enough attention to the way the original was wired, because now the preamp won't turn off. The convenience outlets work as they should - unswitched stays on, switched go on/off with power switch.

Anybody have a simple diagram showing how the switch should be wired?

Thanks!

And especially thanks to Frank. When I emailed him asking if he knew where I could buy a replacement, he mailed me one at no charge!

He also told me not to plug the power amp into a PAT-5 preamp convenience outlet or I'd fry the power switch..

avahifi

• Facilitator
    • http://www.avahifi.com
Re: Power switch wiring on AVA Fetvalve 2 PAT-5
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2016, 03:00 pm »
Send me your e-mail address and I will send you a .pdf of the PAT-5 switch wiring.

Frank

dlparker

• Dave Parker - KC, MO
« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2016, 08:41 pm »
Send me your e-mail address and I will send you a .pdf of the PAT-5 switch wiring.

Frank

Hi Frank. It's dlparker@dlpinc.com.

Thanks!

dlparker

• Dave Parker - KC, MO
« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2016, 07:54 pm »

Frank

Quick question. I think when I posted this I had only tried the pre with the cover off. When I reconnected it to the system and fired it up the other day (with the cover back on), everything was fine - sound was great, pilot light came on when I switch it on and went off when I switched it off.   

Does the cover figure into the pilot light circuitry?