BDP-2 Digital Player

ebogda01

Re: BDP-2 Digital Player
« Reply #840 on: 29 Jan 2015, 08:43 pm »
Can you check please?? - copied the line into terminal -getting s syntax error. Is it literally

ssh -Y<XX.X.X.XX>-I bryston

?

Thanks again!

I think when you log in using ssh it won't hide the .Trashes folder.
Type this in the Terminal:
ssh -Y <IP address of BDP-2> -l bryston
(you may be asked if you want to continue connecting, type 'yes')
(type the password)
After a few seconds the prompt appears. My external hard disk is mounted as /media, you can type 'mount' to figure out how the internal hard disk is mounted.
Now you can navigate to the mounted drive: e.g. cd /media/AUDIO,
list files: ls -l
then delete the .Trashes folder: rm -R .Trashes

HTH.

srb

« Reply #841 on: 29 Jan 2015, 09:43 pm »
Is it literally   ssh -Y<XX.X.X.XX>-I bryston   ?

The carat symbols themselves do not get entered and there is a space before and after the IP Address.

ssh -Y xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -I bryston

Steve

Dreamseeker

« Reply #842 on: 29 Jan 2015, 10:42 pm »
I guess the only thing left is 384
Will we ever know...

ebogda01

« Reply #843 on: 29 Jan 2015, 10:49 pm »
The carat symbols themselves do not get entered and there is a space before and after the IP Address.

ssh -Y xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -I bryston

Steve
Thank you, Steve! Managed to get through to the point when asked for a password with your help :). But when I type it - nothing happens (no symbols appear as I type)? Should it be that way? Or am I doing something wrong again?

srb

« Reply #844 on: 29 Jan 2015, 10:54 pm »
Managed to get through to the point when asked for a password with your help :) . But when I type it - nothing happens (no symbols appear as I type)? Should it be that way? Or am I doing something wrong again?

That's normal.  For security reasons onlookers cannot see the length of the password, although it's not like you need high security in this particular application!   ;)

Steve

ebogda01

« Reply #845 on: 30 Jan 2015, 12:04 am »
That's normal.  For security reasons onlookers cannot see the length of the password, although it's not like you need high security in this particular application!   ;)

Steve

Sorry for being that dumb, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere :) Terminal by default tries to log in with my Mac username, while BDP's default username is bryston. Couldn't find a place to change the username/password on the BDP  :duh: :duh: :duh: :D :D :D

bgilchrist

« Reply #846 on: 3 Feb 2015, 12:41 am »
Hi -- It there a setting that keeps my library from updating every time I cycle the power ------ my library remains only partially useful for at least an hour while the UPDATE tab above the playlist remains blue.  During this time - while my library populates -- nothing is in alphabetical order -- so I have a limited selection to play from until the UPDATE tab changes from blue to white -and during this time -- I can't find anything I'm looking for -- as the search feature & drop down alpha tabs don't work - once UPDATE is white -- then my Library is sorted properly and accessible.  This is very frustrating - as I sometimes only have an hour or two to listen to music -- and it can take that long to gain proper access to the library.

Can the library be saved in Cache -- and only new additions be added based on the date stamp they were added.  Would also be nice if a tab for NEWLY ADDED MUSIC could be built -- so you can have quick access to recently added music -- instead of trying to remember what you've added in the past few weeks -- allowing you to change the # of albums in this list from say 20 to 200 -- so you can easily access recently added material

thanks

Bart

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #847 on: 3 Feb 2015, 01:30 am »
Sorry for being that dumb, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere :) Terminal by default tries to log in with my Mac username, while BDP's default username is bryston. Couldn't find a place to change the username/password on the BDP  :duh: :duh: :duh: :D :D :D

ssh root@192.168.1.100

Password is

bryston

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #848 on: 3 Feb 2015, 01:32 am »
Hi -- It there a setting that keeps my library from updating every time I cycle the power ------ my library remains only partially useful for at least an hour while the UPDATE tab above the playlist remains blue.  During this time - while my library populates -- nothing is in alphabetical order -- so I have a limited selection to play from until the UPDATE tab changes from blue to white -and during this time -- I can't find anything I'm looking for -- as the search feature & drop down alpha tabs don't work - once UPDATE is white -- then my Library is sorted properly and accessible.  This is very frustrating - as I sometimes only have an hour or two to listen to music -- and it can take that long to gain proper access to the library.

Can the library be saved in Cache -- and only new additions be added based on the date stamp they were added.  Would also be nice if a tab for NEWLY ADDED MUSIC could be built -- so you can have quick access to recently added music -- instead of trying to remember what you've added in the past few weeks -- allowing you to change the # of albums in this list from say 20 to 200 -- so you can easily access recently added material

thanks

Bart

Those settings are mentioned in the manual

http://www.bryston.com/PDF/Manuals/BDP-2_MM_Manual.pdf

Does your BDP not ever finish the update process?  If not there could be some thing wrong, you should place the BDP into servce mode and email us the service id.

Roberto135

« Reply #849 on: 15 Feb 2015, 07:39 pm »

Often on display of my BDP-2 appears to be a '' N '' instead of the usual arrow.
Is it all right?

Roberto

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #850 on: 16 Feb 2015, 03:54 am »
That should be resolved in S2.10

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #851 on: 16 Feb 2015, 07:20 am »
I tried upgrading from 2.06 to 2.10 a few days ago. The BDP-2 said it downloaded and installed the firmware, then rebooted. Once it rebooted, it was still 2.06. I tried this three times and had the same result each time.

Is there anything I should have done to get this update to work?

- Garrett

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #852 on: 16 Feb 2015, 06:08 pm »
I tried upgrading from 2.06 to 2.10 a few days ago. The BDP-2 said it downloaded and installed the firmware, then rebooted. Once it rebooted, it was still 2.06. I tried this three times and had the same result each time.

Is there anything I should have done to get this update to work?

- Garrett

The readme file that appears before pushing the update button, which version of the firmware is indicating to be installed?

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #853 on: 17 Feb 2015, 08:20 am »
The readme file that appears before pushing the update button, which version of the firmware is indicating to be installed?

ozzy

« Reply #854 on: 17 Feb 2015, 06:48 pm »
I just tried updating, but I still have 2.6. In fact, I don't even see that update (2.10) as even available.

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #855 on: 17 Feb 2015, 09:38 pm »
Yeah, the 2.10 update isn't there anymore for me either. I'm guessing it was an error that it showed up?

It's now showing 2.06 as current.

ozzy

« Reply #856 on: 17 Feb 2015, 10:05 pm »
Thank you.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #857 on: 18 Feb 2015, 12:29 pm »
Ricjor1  Ricjor

I've been in this hobby for 20 plus years. I've owned several Wilson Audio speakers, Parasound, PS Audio, and a few others. Let me just say emphatically that Bryston has the best customer service that I've ever experienced. I recently purchased a BDP-2 and had a few questions. I was put in contact with Gary Dayton of Bryston and he has gone above and beyond what I expected.

This is what all companies should strive for...the bonus is the BDP-2 sounds fantastic!

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #858 on: 19 Feb 2015, 01:44 am »
Yeah, the 2.10 update isn't there anymore for me either. I'm guessing it was an error that it showed up?

It's now showing 2.06 as current.

S2.10 is currently a beta, the only way to install it is following these directions

http://support.bryston.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=134

ozzy

« Reply #859 on: 19 Feb 2015, 06:39 pm »
Thanks. Any idea when it will be available as a working update?