Beware Of Your Friends!!!!

Philistine

Re: Beware Of Your Friends!!!!
« Reply #20 on: 24 Oct 2012, 06:27 pm »
I've had to fix a damaged tweeter in my old B&W's in the past and was positively surprised with the price, much less expensive than I expected so you might want to call and ask them the cost of a replacement.

I also though thought that they are tuned with the tweeter cover installed, if this is the case you might want to leave it on in future?

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #21 on: 24 Oct 2012, 07:05 pm »
Hi Andy,

I'm glad to hear you are with Elizabeth on this one but please don't get drunk and poke a dent in your tweeter then try to suck it out with the vacuum cleaner.  That might be an adventure with the Array 1400's!  :lol:

No worries, I do not drink :D having said this, I would have to watch Elizabeth very closely around the Arrays if she was visiting the Laundrew household  :wink: :lol: :thumb:

Be well...

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #22 on: 24 Oct 2012, 07:30 pm »
Be sure to take an inventory of your LPs and CDs before she gets there.  Can't be too careful these days............. :lol:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #23 on: 24 Oct 2012, 07:36 pm »
"I can't believe the complete stupidity of some people.He is aware I DO NOT ANYONE TOUCHING MY KIT."

Maybe if you included the word WANT to complete the sentence appropriately he would have had a better idea of what you were trying to tell him all these years.  :duh:

The bigger question is, why do you have a friend who is "a moron of the highest order?"    :dunno: 

decal

« Reply #24 on: 25 Oct 2012, 01:45 am »
The bigger question is, why do you have a friend who is "a moron of the highest order?"    :dunno:

I was thinking the same thing. :lol:

1oldguy

« Reply #25 on: 25 Oct 2012, 02:23 am »
I was thinking the same thing. :lol:
[/quote

Ok ...I'll explain it to you both.......Sometimes people change,or it may take awhile for their true colors to show.
Things can and do sometimes sour amongst people,if it didn't we wouldn't need cops or a law system,all
would be beautiful and everyone lived with big shinny smiles on their faces.If only.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #26 on: 25 Oct 2012, 04:03 am »
Ok ...I'll explain it to you both.......Sometimes people change,or it may take awhile for their true colors to show.
Things can and do sometimes sour amongst people,if it didn't we wouldn't need cops or a law system,all
would be beautiful and everyone lived with big shinny smiles on their faces.If only.

It's too bad we couldn't hear what your friend has to say,, what he had to say when you confronted him. What he'd have to say about your public rant.  I hate one-sided rants. Get him here and let's hear the full story!  :icon_twisted:

Cheers,
Robin

Rclark

« Reply #27 on: 25 Oct 2012, 04:52 am »
A very long time ago, I bought a 1974 Porsche 914/6. The night I bought it I called my best friend and we went for a quick speed test up and down the hill he lived on. Coming back up, he slammed against the passenger door and it opened (because he hadn't closed it all the way). I stopped as fast as I could and he slammed the door shut. It didn't close. I said "Unlock the door". He slammed the door shut again. I said a bit louder "Unlock the door." He slammed the door shut really hard. "I Yelled SCOTT, UNLOCK THE F@#ING DOOR!!!" He slammed it again with so much force that it blew the passenger window into a million pieces into of the car.  I had owned that car less than two hours. :duh:

I felt exactly like you do right now.

I sold that car a very long time ago. Scott is still my best friend.

Sorry to go off topic. :oops:

Oh but you had a blast, didn't you. I bet you can still smell the air when you remember it.

Rclark

« Reply #28 on: 25 Oct 2012, 04:56 am »

Slingblade

larevoj

« Reply #29 on: 25 Oct 2012, 05:00 am »
Just a note...if you decide to replace the tweeter its best you replace both. Our ears are more sensitive to highs vs. low and a fully run-in tweet doesn't sound the same versus a new unit. Some speakers actually has matched pairs.

HsvHeelFan

« Reply #30 on: 25 Oct 2012, 05:02 am »
Before I bought my Bryston 4B-ST, I fried the tweeters in each of my KEF's a couple of times.  If I recall correctly, a replacement KEF tweeter was around $125.  That was in early 2001.

I believe that Adcom was handling KEF replacement parts at that time.

Early on, I almost bought an Adcom amp back then.  My friend that loaned me his 4B (that I auditioned prior to buying my 4B-ST) said "You don't want one of those!  I've got the amp for you."  He sure was right!

I'm not sure if his 4B was an  ST model or not. I believe it was Thx certified.

HsvHeelFan

srb

« Reply #31 on: 25 Oct 2012, 10:39 am »
Just a note...if you decide to replace the tweeter its best you replace both.

Not sure which B&W model he has, but while the 800 series N or S tweeters are under $200, the 800 D series tweeters are very expensive at ~ $1150 to ~ $1300 (D2).  Each.

Steve 

budt

« Reply #32 on: 25 Oct 2012, 11:57 am »
  You should either let it go or talk to him about it.

decal

« Reply #33 on: 25 Oct 2012, 12:00 pm »
Slingblade

Carl wasn't a moron, he was just misunderstood !!!!!  :lol:

Guy 13

« Reply #34 on: 25 Oct 2012, 12:13 pm »

Hi all Audio Circle members.

I have been living for the past 17 years in a country full of morons or to be more polite, full of Vietnamese.

I have a showroom and I don’t have enough fingers in my two hands to count how many times morons, excuse me, Vietnamese have touched and broke items on display.

I never told the morons, excuse me again, the Vietnamese after the fact not to do that (again), because as soon as I open my mouth to say something, at the same times my hands start flying to give a slap in the face to the morons, excuse me, the Vietnamese and I don’t want to happen for two reasons.

First, I will loose the customer and second more important, he might go to the police and I will be kick out of the country and that, will make my wife very sad and making my wife sad, is the last thing I want to do.

We have to live with morons; I have to live with Vietnamese,
However, I still think they should be told not to touch something that does not belong to them.

As I often say:
Don’t do to others,
what you don’t want the others to do to you !

Guy 13

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #35 on: 25 Oct 2012, 08:52 pm »
It may be "cute and cuddly" now, but wait for the day when mom and dad bring home an expensive pair of speakers and Jr. has his way with them. Or on the other hand, what if they bring the little brat over for a visit to your place  :duh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhiFP5fpNIM

Be well...

PETE6737

• Revel 2 channel
« Reply #36 on: 25 Oct 2012, 11:03 pm »
I feel your pain. My home theater has acoustic GOM material wrapped on the walls, and everyone who comes over wants to poke at the walls...I have to control myself  to not go off...Now I treat the entrance into my room as a ride at Disnay World, " keep your hands inside your pockets and no touching the walls... Pete

sts9fan

« Reply #37 on: 25 Oct 2012, 11:27 pm »
You should sue him in small claims court then kill his dog. If your gonna overreact go all the way.
Friends like these...

larevoj

« Reply #38 on: 26 Oct 2012, 01:00 am »
 :o

I will send him the bill for both.

800 D series tweeters are very expensive at ~ $1150 to ~ $1300 (D2).  Each.

Steve

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #39 on: 26 Oct 2012, 02:45 pm »
It may be "cute and cuddly" now, but wait for the day when mom and dad bring home an expensive pair of speakers and Jr. has his way with them. Or on the other hand, what if they bring the little brat over for a visit to your place  :duh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhiFP5fpNIM

Be well...

This is Dutch!  :o
VERY much on the lookout for these people, don't want them NEAR my city!