Minimalist Demo Systems with Maraschino and DAC DAC

carmaniac13

Re: Minimalist Demo Systems with Maraschino and DAC DAC
« Reply #60 on: 22 Dec 2015, 04:43 am »
Hi all,

Tommy and I will be hosting a meet up at my place in Allentown on Feb 6, demoing some of the new DAC products in the works such as the DAC DAC and Mint.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=139553.0

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
DAC DAC Kickstarter
« Reply #61 on: 7 Jan 2016, 05:48 pm »
We have 43 backers so far, and we're going for 100.  So, even a $1 pledge helps.  We also added a stretch goal for free S/PDIF cables with each DAC DAC.  That's at a certain total dollar amount (explained in "updates" section).

Just a bit more than 5 days left !!!!  MAJOR discounts on Cherry amps (several versions) for being a backer.

Here's the abbreviated link:
http://kck.st/1NWutrj

The video has been played nearly 2000 times, by the way, and we believe we set a new record for funding speed!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Re: DAC DAC Kickstarter
« Reply #62 on: 13 Jan 2016, 07:31 pm »
We have 43 backers so far, and we're going for 100.  So, even a $1 pledge helps.  We also added a stretch goal for free S/PDIF cables with each DAC DAC.  That's at a certain total dollar amount (explained in "updates" section).

Just a bit more than 5 days left !!!!  MAJOR discounts on Cherry amps (several versions) for being a backer.

Here's the abbreviated link:
http://kck.st/1NWutrj

The video has been played nearly 2000 times, by the way, and we believe we set a new record for funding speed!
4 hours left !

Jeff Permanian

• Industry Participant
« Reply #63 on: 4 Mar 2016, 01:46 pm »
My Cherry King Maraschino amplifiers arrived so I put together a two channel listening setup in my basement with a Oppo and Noesis 215RT. I'm just running XLR connectors from the Oppo to the Cherrys and using the Oppo as the pre-amp. I haven't installed any room treatments yets. These Cherry are really nice. Thank you Tom.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #64 on: 11 Mar 2016, 04:47 pm »
My Cherry King Maraschino amplifiers arrived so I put together a two channel listening setup in my basement with a Oppo and Noesis 215RT. I'm just running XLR connectors from the Oppo to the Cherrys and using the Oppo as the pre-amp. I haven't installed any room treatments yets. These Cherry are really nice. Thank you Tom.

Jeff,

How's the sound with the 215RTs?  The Maraschino works VERY well with the 210RTs!  The sound has such clarity with remarkable authority and smoother highs than I've ever heard with horn based speakers.

Lately, I've been switching back and forth between the JTRs and a borrowed pair of MMGs ---- two completely different types of speakers.  I'm surprised at how great the JTRs image compared to the "imaging benchmark" of the Mags, plus the Mags have pretty much no bass compared to the 210RTs.

I'm recommending your speakers to anyone that will listen!

By the way, can you summarize the difference between the 210s and the 215s, please?  Thanks.

-Tommy O

Jeff Permanian

• Industry Participant
« Reply #65 on: 17 Aug 2016, 08:11 pm »
Our new 2 channel demo system is going to consists of a Oppo for the transport, digital out of that to a MiniDsp DDRC-22D, digital out of that to a Cherry DAC DAC, to a pair of King Maraschino amplifiers. The Oppo will play many different formats and the DDRC-22D will do the room correction, high pass filter and volume control. We're going to be demonstrating this system at Rocky Mountain Audiofest this year in room 6023 with Noesis 210RT painted bright red to catch people attention. Here are a couple pictures in process (cell pics color off):