Harmony 650 with BP-25 ?

stonedeaf

Harmony 650 with BP-25 ?
« on: 8 Feb 2016, 04:58 pm »
First experience with a Harmony remote -everything else just works - but although BP-25 Bryston is listed in the supported devices selection -all that shows up on the remotes screen is phase invert -which button does nothing ? What am I missing here ?

RDavidson

Re: Harmony 650 with BP-25 ?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Feb 2016, 07:18 pm »
The way the Harmony software/hardware setup usually works is that the hard buttons are used for generic functions, like volume control, channel selection, etc. The screen is used for component specific functions. In this case, phase invert, is the only component specific function either for your BP-25 or maybe a DAC used in your chain of components. If you wish to add more specific controls to the screen, you have to go back into the setup and do it manually. Google is your friend if you need help with that.

Silverbullet

« Reply #2 on: 8 Feb 2016, 07:27 pm »
I believe only volume up/down, mute and phase are remote controllable on the unit. You use hard buttons for the volume related ones and the soft button for phase (which may not be obvious at first listen).

stonedeaf

« Reply #3 on: 9 Feb 2016, 03:06 am »
Success. The BP25 remote has four functions - I ended up giving up on figuring why only the phase invert sorta half/a's was downloaded into the 650 from Logitech's site and did this: 1.) left phase where it was (left upper quadrant of screen) 2.) assigned mute to right upper quadrant 3.) vol down to left lower quadrant 4.) vol up to right lower quadrant. Once those assignments were made I went into the fix and add menu and did the manual (point existing remote at the base of the 650 and "teach" 650 IR code). For whatever reason I had to do these one at a time and sync after each learning session. So it took four classes or sessions to get all four functions working on the Harmony 650 - but this does work nicely. The screen shows what functions are controlled by the buttons next to that area of the screen - so seems reasonably intuitive. Going to order another 650 - remove the batteries from the Bryston remote and put it in the box for the BP-25 for the next owner to enjoy at some distant future time.

stonedeaf

« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2016, 01:50 am »
Go my second 650 today - while I wasn't able to tell it to just make a second exactly like the first 650 when it came to the Bryston BP-25 -I only had to go into the second and assign buttons -then sync and unlike the first one where I had to teach it the codes from the original Bryston remote -this time it knew them and worked once the button assignment was done . It seems improbable after all this time that I would have been the first to do this and Logitech's data base just absorbed  my effort of a few days ago ?? At any rate it works and plays nice with the rest of my stuff too.