COLLEGE FOOTBALL RETURNS!

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: COLLEGE FOOTBALL RETURNS!
« Reply #180 on: 11 Jan 2017, 06:11 pm »
I give the award for best college game to Auburn a few years ago when they came from behind after the clock ran out to beat Alabama on a missed field goal return. Is it possible for anything to top that in a national championship game?

kgturner

« Reply #181 on: 11 Jan 2017, 11:55 pm »
As an Auburn fan, I liked the outcomes of both games, but the Kick 6 game ending will forever be highlight reel material.

Kevin T

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #182 on: 12 Jan 2017, 02:34 pm »
I don't think it was a national championship game, I think it was the Ironbowl.  Nevertheless, a great ending for Auburn fans.  Kinda hard to rank the best game of all time, but that game and this year's National Championship are in the running.

Emil

« Reply #183 on: 21 Aug 2017, 05:25 pm »
College Football 2017 is almost here!

Wooohooooo!

Looking forward to this year with high expectations unlike last year when all we wanted was a winning season.

AP has the Nits at #6. They were #25 last year at this time
http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

Ohio State at #2, Wisconsin at #9 and Michigan at #11

Alabama at #1 and Clemson #5 (Really?)

So, how is your team looking this year?

Mudslide

« Reply #184 on: 21 Aug 2017, 07:33 pm »
Ducks are flying low...but should be a LOT better this year with a new coach that actually knows what he's doing.

If nothing else, we were ground zero for the awesome total eclipse!...almost a primal experience.  Totality is completely unlike partial eclipses.  Did I mention that it was awesome?!   :thumb:

Go PSU!

Mike B.

« Reply #185 on: 22 Aug 2017, 02:23 am »
Ducks went for hero to zero. Hope the new coaching staff can revive the program. Don't expect great things this year, but hope they are back in two or three years.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #186 on: 22 Aug 2017, 02:56 am »
Sanctions are dead.  :D

Emil

« Reply #187 on: 22 Aug 2017, 01:17 pm »
Sanctions are dead.  :D

Sure was one hell of a Rose Bowl :thumb:

stlrman

« Reply #188 on: 3 Sep 2017, 01:21 am »
Pretty big game on now !!!
Bama vs Florida State
1 against 3

Mudslide

« Reply #189 on: 3 Sep 2017, 04:24 am »
Pretty big game on now !!!
Bama vs Florida State
1 against 3

It was a pretty decent game.  I watched trying to figure out who I liked less.   :lol:  Roll Tide.......

Ducks 77 - 21 over Southern Utah.   :thumb:

PSU...yeah!

fredgarvin

« Reply #190 on: 3 Sep 2017, 06:14 pm »
It was a pretty decent game.  I watched trying to figure out who I liked less.   :lol:  Roll Tide.......

Ducks 77 - 21 over Southern Utah.   :thumb:

PSU...yeah!

The Ducks may get rated after they beat Nebraska next week.  :thumb:

goskers

« Reply #191 on: 3 Sep 2017, 06:52 pm »
The Ducks may get rated after they beat Nebraska next week.  :thumb:

Not after the way Nebraska played last night.  If we (Nebraska) can't get a defense that will stop much then it will be a very long year.

fredgarvin

« Reply #192 on: 3 Sep 2017, 08:13 pm »
Not after the way Nebraska played last night.  If we (Nebraska) can't get a defense that will stop much then it will be a very long year.

I'm looking forward to the game, both teams need to prove something. I thought the Ducks' D looked much better than the last couple of years. I remember your coach as a slow season starter when at O. State, but usually ramped it up later on.

Mike B.

« Reply #193 on: 4 Sep 2017, 01:14 am »
Looks like Bama is the big dog again. I was shocked at how a smaller university pushed USC hard most of the game. They ran out of gas and SC capitalized in the 4th qtr.  Oregon will probably only win five games this year. We will know more after the Nebraska game. They have Stanford, Washington and UCLA away from home.

fredgarvin

« Reply #194 on: 4 Sep 2017, 03:42 am »
Looks like Bama is the big dog again. I was shocked at how a smaller university pushed USC hard most of the game. They ran out of gas and SC capitalized in the 4th qtr.  Oregon will probably only win five games this year. We will know more after the Nebraska game. They have Stanford, Washington and UCLA away from home.

Everything is so funny when you've been drinking.

Mudslide

« Reply #195 on: 4 Sep 2017, 05:38 am »
Everything is so funny when you've been drinking.

:lol:

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #196 on: 4 Sep 2017, 11:29 am »
Class acts so far this season:

Michigan State playing a running back who had a stroke last November;

Southern Cal for putting in a blind center for a point after.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #197 on: 4 Sep 2017, 02:57 pm »
Go Oklahoma State Cowboys!!!!

Emil

« Reply #198 on: 10 Sep 2017, 03:48 pm »
After week two:

I see Ohio State dropping to 5. PSU dropping to 6. Both USC and Oklahoma moving into the top 5 and Michigan staying at 8 but barely. Wisconsin, Washington and Florida State staying puo

What say you?

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #199 on: 10 Sep 2017, 06:28 pm »
After week two:

I see Ohio State dropping to 5. PSU dropping to 6. Both USC and Oklahoma moving into the top 5 and Michigan staying at 8 but barely. Wisconsin, Washington and Florida State staying puo

What say you?

Here is my ranking

1-Alabama, 2-Oklahoma, 3-Clemson, 4-USC, 5-Penn State, 6-Michigan, 7-Ohio State (I think that they may end up out of the top 10 if they don't figure out their passing game and pass defense, Indiana gave them fits and then OU exposed them), 8-Washington, 9-Oklahoma State, 10-Wisconsin

I am still not sold on USC, Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State, Oklahoma State (running game and defense are suspect, and they are my team).  Lets see how the next 3-4 games go.