Papa Was a Rolling Stone

Lyndon

Papa Was a Rolling Stone
« on: 1 Sep 2010, 01:33 pm »
It is probably just my ears, but the last song on the 2010 remake of the movie 'Death At a Funeral' as the credits roll by is the Temptations' "Papa Was a Rolling Stone".
It sounds just fantastic on multi-channel format.  I dug out my cd copy, and tried my best to A/B it, and the one on the blu-ray just smoked it.  I am not processing the newest HD audio formats (Dolby True HD and DTS MA), and was wondering if anyone else noticed this on other recordings?

On a side note, David Lindley's reggae version is also grand!
http://www.amazon.com/Very-Greasy-David-Lindley/dp/B000002H5G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1283347793&sr=1-1

KnowTalent

• ...stuck in the middle with you
Re: Papa Was a Rolling Stone
« Reply #1 on: 5 Sep 2010, 10:23 pm »
The Temptations, Stevie Wonder, Curtis Mayfield, Smokie Robinson and the Miracles, Marvin Gaye... all made a HUGE impact!

Poppa was a Rolling Stone is definately a classic and regardless of playback media I find it hard to listen without wanting to keep turning the volume up and up and up :thumb:

Same for when I come across Benny Goodman on the radio doing Sing, Sing, Sing Live at Carnegie.... Gene Krupa beating the hell out of the skins!  AWESOME :thumb:

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
Re: Papa Was a Rolling Stone
« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2010, 12:13 am »
It is definitely a piece of art, the intro and bass is amazing...i listened it when i watched the movie about the temps. Still my fav!