**SOLD** Altec Model Nine / $175

ludimagis

**SOLD** Altec Model Nine / $175
« on: 26 Jun 2016, 11:15 pm »
Altec Model Nine speakers; vintage 3 way speakers. They were recently professionally re coned and re foamed and sound excellent! Cosmetically they are in very good condition, the fronts, sides, & tops of oiled Walnut(?) show very nice, but the rear top corners are dinged. About 55 lbs. each. If you hear them, you would buy, they sound that good. I have driven them with an 8w/ch 300B set amp, a 35 w/ch Sophia EL-34 push pull integrated, a First Watt Aleph J, & a solid state Marantz 2230 ~ all with superb sound. You will not be disappointed, they offered a large and very natural sound, with life like tone & timbre. If I had the room for a 2nd set up, I wouldn't be selling them.
The cabinets have been cleaned with wood oil and except for the top rear corner ding they look excellent.

I don't have the grill covers, but there is a nice pair of quality aftermarket woofer grills which easily pop off and are included.

Other then the slight dings on the rear corners, I want to mention that when I adjust the mid and high frequency range dial;.. the is a slight scratchy sound, but the adjust dos work fine. Also, one of the mid range drivers is pushed in slightly. Neither of these have any effect on sound quality.

Woofer 12

Midrange 6

Tweeter 5

Impedance 8 Ohms

Frequency 40 Hz - 20 kHz

Sensitivity 93 dB SPL

Dimension 26 H x 17 W x 15 D

You can also buy the 2 very sturdy solid wood stands seen in the pic for an additional $35

Local pick up at 44133, or I may be willing to drive a reasonable distance for a small fee. Will ship if you want to arrange and pay for a pack and ship; such as UPS Store.

I will ship but buyer will have to pay for the actual insured ground fee ( Please double what the calculator shows for a close approximation ) and approximately $20-$25 for the box's & bubble wrap that I will have to buy or I will drop off at a UPS Store & you can pay them directly.

« Last Edit: 5 Jul 2016, 10:31 pm by ludimagis »