Gary Dodd update

harley52

Re: Gary Dodd update
« Reply #40 on: 3 Mar 2015, 03:22 pm »
 Wowwww, Danny and family have set the bar extremely high for compassion. The saying, BS walk's and action's talk seems appropriate here. Danny, knowingly or not has given many of us high standards to strive for. Sometimes it's friends who do the tough job, but hopefully it will be very rewarding for those involved. I've never had any interactions with Gary, but I'll take it that he's a good person from the way Danny and family have taken this upon themselves. Then again I've never read or heard any thing but positive remarks about Gary. Hopping Gary gets well soon and Danny and family are blessed for the tremendous job they have taken upon themselves. Most, well maybe not most but, some of us can only wish for the friendship that they enjoy.

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #41 on: 3 Mar 2015, 03:37 pm »
Wow Danny!  You and your family are truly Gary's angels.  Please give Gary our best and let him know he is in many of our thoughts and prayers.  Please keep us up to date.
Kindest regards,
Guy

Danny Richie

« Reply #42 on: 6 Mar 2015, 05:05 am »
An update...

I had to take Gary to the hospital today. It was just getting harder and harder for him to breath. Looks like he has some fluid build up in his lungs. The doctor I spoke with said it was a common with heart failures. They gave him a Lasix drug to help get the fluid off of his lungs. He is going to be staying the night there as well.

Danny Richie

« Reply #43 on: 6 Mar 2015, 03:46 pm »
Gary didn't get much sleep last night. That lasix stuff had him up urinating pretty often. Since last night Gary said he had filled seven and a half of the quart containers they have him going in. Yes, they measure it.

It is getting the fluid off his lungs though. He said his breathing is almost back to normal, and he is feeling much better. And he's hungry.

They also gave him and echo cardiogram and are trying to get up to speed with everything that has been done to him.

Captainhemo

« Reply #44 on: 6 Mar 2015, 04:28 pm »
That's great news, glad to hear    he is getting some  treatment and that they are  looking tinot everything :)
Just getting  the fluid out of the lungs will make  Gary feel  a TON better,  after spending all those years on hemodialysis, I can relate. It is not  a  pleasent feeling when your ability to stay O2  saturated is dimiished

Let's hope they  follow up  really well with Gary and get him on a treatment plan that will  keep him feeling as good as possible  long term  :thumb:

-jay

Danny Richie

« Reply #45 on: 6 Mar 2015, 10:27 pm »
I have Gary home again. He is breathing easy now.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #46 on: 6 Mar 2015, 10:32 pm »
That is great news! 

Looking forward to seeing you both in April!

SoCalWJS

« Reply #47 on: 6 Mar 2015, 10:37 pm »
I have Gary home again. He is breathing easy now.
Good news! Glad to hear he got out of the Hospital quickly.

bunky

« Reply #48 on: 7 Mar 2015, 01:20 am »
Thank you for the updates Danny.

watercourse

« Reply #49 on: 7 Mar 2015, 03:56 am »
Great news, thank you Danny

ebag4

« Reply #50 on: 7 Mar 2015, 04:02 am »
Thanks for the update Danny, great news.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #51 on: 7 Mar 2015, 05:19 am »
Our whole family prayed here in Portland for him today and will continue to do so.

Back in Albuquerque on Monday.

Danny Richie

« Reply #52 on: 12 Mar 2015, 01:52 pm »
Gary has had about three really good days and appears to have turned a corner. Being back on his meds and eating regular meals has gone a long way. Taking away a lot of worry and stress has gone a long way as well. I also got him on some vitamins and mineral supplements. I took him to his new house last night for him to spend his first night there. Being well enough to be on his own again is another mile stone. I am even seeing some real ambition to get back to building and making some stuff again. Seeing some of the old Gary again is a blessing.

brother love

« Reply #53 on: 12 Mar 2015, 02:00 pm »
Fantastic news!  I know it's 2 steps forward & 1 step back type of progress along the way, but this is really great to hear.  Danny needs to add guardian angel to his resume'.  :thumb:

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #54 on: 12 Mar 2015, 04:52 pm »
+1

bluemike

« Reply #55 on: 12 Mar 2015, 05:10 pm »
Wow this is really good to hear
Danny your family deserves a lot of credit for getting Gary to where he is at
God Bless here's hoping for a complete turn around for Gary

« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2015, 08:04 pm by bluemike »

roscoeiii

« Reply #56 on: 12 Mar 2015, 06:23 pm »
That's fantastic news. Please send our best to Gary.

It makes me so happy to see you being such a fabulous friend and support to Gary. You're an inspiration Danny!

StereoNut

« Reply #57 on: 12 Mar 2015, 06:26 pm »
That's fantastic news. Please send our best to Gary.

It makes me so happy to see you being such a fabulous friend and support to Gary. You're an inspiration Danny!

+1 :thumb:

SN

prokennex

« Reply #58 on: 12 Mar 2015, 10:08 pm »
This is  good news indeed.

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
« Reply #59 on: 13 Mar 2015, 01:19 am »
Still praying!