Well Tempered Lab Royale 400 with 16" tonearm. It weighs in at a healthy 46kg.

threadkiller

So Rob? Any news?
The boat or freight truck is awfully poky over here... all I keep getting is soon...

rob400

• Versalex and Audio Note for the rest
I'm so busy with the renovation Chaz I didn't manage to get to the dealers. John Burns was coming down with deck himself on a week day as he wasn't looking to leave the 400 with my dealer. I plan a listen in a couple of weeks when the house is done. At least we have one in the UK. There will no doubt only be a small market for a turntable at that price.

threadkiller

Send me photos when you're done. I bet it'll look great.
It is a busy time right now. But never too busy for a little music.
Bax- November Woods et al...make time for your fall tunes...

rob400

No, never too busy to listen to music and the end of the day Chaz. My A23 speaker cables are too short for the new place. I saw a second hand 6m pair of Chord Signature at a good price so bought them. I've been surprised how good they sound. Like a more detailed and refined Mogami. Not as natural as A23 but timing is spot on and is full and dynamic without sounding strident. Very involving listen with Classical, Jazz and Rock. Still using A23 IC's of course.

threadkiller

Yep, that's about right. Overpriced, though. But I'm starting to say that about most things these days.
Let us know when you hear the Royale.. still no word on this end. Sigh

rob400

Royale listen in just over 2 weeks. Only paid $750 USD for the Chords. I will get my money back when I sell them. Looking for a couple of 5m plus lengths of A23 S/H. The best cable I've heard for sure. Good call Chaz....

threadkiller

I do what I can. 5m? Hmm used? Hmm

You know, there are so many good cables out there now.
A friend got a stash of them from Cable Co and we listened and listened in his system.
Many were voiced so similar, at least coming thru his system. Sometimes small degrees of change, not always improvements. Of course there were some that got an almost immediate dismissal. At least with his system.
Yours could be different.
Trouble with some are the astronomical prices. For what? A tad more open, a tad more bass.
You really need to be able to hear it in your system, and have a money back option.
Unless of course I say it's better! Lol.

Two weeks? Hey, maybe I'll beat you, Rob. You come paint my new porch railing and steps and listen over here..

mgsboedmisodpc2

12,485.00 € Price incl. VAT, plus delivery = 14,172.33 USD..Standard VAT rate is 15% = 2,125.8495 so we have $12,046.48..and a U.S. importer would double the price maybe resulting in a 24K USD price..so anyone order from blackpearls-shop.de yet?

threadkiller

Hardly... that's not how it works. Keep your pants on.
We'll know in due time. Maybe they'll be here in time for Santa to deliver...

rob400

It's actually priced closer to $16000 (10KGBP) from dealers here in the UK and I have it from a good authority that it sounds amazing! Just waiting for one of you US guys to here it and post views.