SOLD--NOS DAC Rechargeable Battery operated or A 12V AC/DC Mains--SOLD

nurxhunter

Non-Oversampling (NOS) DAC TDA1543 DIR9001 96kHz SPDIF Coax Optical & 9V NiMH. It fits in the palm of your hand, and can be battery operated. In 9/10 condition.  Looks new, because it is.  I have a ton of feedback under this name at all the usual places.

2X SPDIF--one Coax and One Optical.  RCA L/R Analog out.  12VDC in or on board rechargeable battery.  Nice aluminum case with small round 'dot' feet. A low-cost portable DAC for that pure vintage "analog" listening experience rendered by the Philips TDA1543 DAC chip.  A cult classic for over a decade, for a reason.

See Item 200916247751 on Ebay, or search Ebay using title key words if item get sold.  I thought I would try a NOS DAC again; I have tried them in the past.  This NOS-DAC has received great reviews.  Let me share that I am a huge fan of the new Tesla T90 and still like my DT990-600 Ohm phones.  I am also into Klipsch Cornwalls. So, clearly, I like my sound on the bright side. 

This is in new condition.  I bought it a couple of months back.  Note, given the passive I/V conversion, the output is lower than typical DACS, but I had no problem driving all my amps and phones directly from its RCA outs. Will accept only 16bit.  The builder in France did this all old-classic style to design true to the NOS concept.

SOLD.  No PP fee.  Some specs below, lifted from the Ebay ad:

- Extract the pure performance of the last built non-oversampling true 16-bit TDA1543 DAC from Philips
- Optical & Coaxial inputs (leftmost switch on the photo)
- DIR9001 96 kHz SPDIF Receiver (lowest-jitter on the market - 50ps)
- Supports sampling frequencies from 28kHz to 108kHz (continous range, including non-standard frequencies)
- TDA1543 16-bit DAC - the original from Philips®
- Passive I/V conversion
- No Op-Amp - direct output with 2Vpp (will drive any power amp well)
- Huuuge capacitors on the output path provides sub-Hertz cutoff frequency (<0.3Hz on a 10kOhms input)
- Dual Stage power supply regulation (for a super low background noise level)
- Separate voltage regulator for the DAC and the Digital SPDIF receiver (same reason as above)
- Battery-powered with dual 9V NiMH batteries
- Smart battery charger on-board (quickly charges the batteries when depleted, keeps them charged at low current when idle)
- Will Direclty drive any power amplifier
- Dimensions are: 4" x 5" x 1.2" (+/- 0.1")
- 4+ hours of listening on the batteries alone

THE FOLDABLE STAND DOES NOT COME WITH ITEM.  I used it to prop the item for a picture.  Thanks.

« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2014, 09:37 pm by nurxhunter »

nurxhunter

JP78

Does this also accept power via plug?

nurxhunter

It does.  You can use any 12-15V AC/DC adapter with 2A or more output.  The unit does not come from the vendor with one, but I can add it in for a buyer.  When powered by adapter, it charges, when you switch to battery, you can remove the adapter.

JP78

Re: NOS DAC Rechargeable Battery operated or A 12V AC/DC Mains
« Reply #4 on: 22 Sep 2014, 07:16 am »
PM sent.