Wanted: Super Tower III Special Ribbon Edition Side Rails

audiomagnate

Mine are ugly spray painted pine and I would a a pair of the real thing. Even a closeup photo would be nice if there's an owner on this board. Thanks

Stimpy

Re: Wanted: Super Tower III Special Ribbon Edition Side Rails
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jul 2017, 12:06 am »
Brian used Bud Bailey, Dorn Dibble, and Mark Schifter (MSL) for cabinets.  You can do a search, for contact info, to see if any one of these has plans or left overs?  But, also check with Pat M.  Maybe he has something?  He bought most/all of the remaining VMPS inventory, when the factory closed.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/6197038221.html

Other than that, I'd have a local cabinet maker custom build the Side Rails.  It shouldn't be too difficult or expensive.

Good luck.

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jul 2017, 12:41 am »
Mine are ugly spray painted pine and I would a a pair of the real thing. Even a closeup photo would be nice if there's an owner on this board. Thanks

If I remember correctly, there were no actual speakers as pictured above, constructed with Neopanels.

That pic was a photo shop from our European Distributor

Stimpy

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jul 2017, 12:48 am »

If I remember correctly, there were no actual speakers as pictured above, constructed with Neopanels.

That pic was a photo shop from our European Distributor

So these were all that were produced?  The earlier version with the Bohlender/BG Radia planar mid?

STIII SRE Audio review, for those interested.

http://www.gammaelectronics.xyz/audio_1998_Aug--VMPS.html

John Casler

« Reply #4 on: 8 Jul 2017, 12:53 am »
Brian never made a Neopanel version as in the photo.

Dubravko manufactured that photo with the original you link to, and dropped in neopanels.

We could have built them if ordered, but I am not aware of an order. :nono:

Stimpy

« Reply #5 on: 8 Jul 2017, 01:00 am »
Brian never made a Neopanel version as in the photo.

Dubravko manufactured that photo with the original you link to, and dropped in neopanels.

We could have built them if ordered, but I am not aware of an order. :nono:

None ordered!!!???   :duh:  That's truly a shame.  Those speakers would have been epic awesome with 9 neo-panels per side...!!!    :notworthy:

audiomagnate

« Reply #6 on: 8 Jul 2017, 11:59 pm »

They ARE awesome! I just want to jazz the look of mine up a bit with nicer looking side rails. Mine have "only" six Monsoons per side, but that works fine for my 12 foot listening distance. Notice that there are two Aurum Cantus ribbon tweeters per side, which is an excellent "upgrade" from the original design because of their extreme lack of vertical dispersion.

« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2017, 04:00 pm by audiomagnate »